Songs That Are Stuck In Your Head

Free To Canoe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ever have a song stuck in your cranium for a few days?

I have this one going today:

What is your stuck song and how did you get rid of it?

Ever have a song stuck in your cranium for a few days?

You must be psychic! Just this afternoon I thought I should post this topic sometime.

Caused by a line that suddenly came to me "we're gonna boogie till ya just can't boogie nooo more..."

I have no idea why. Usually, it's something someone says or I read a line somwhere that coincides with part of a song, and the song pops up immediately, and hangs around.

A few days ago, it was Traffic's Dream Gerrard, off of the When The Eagle Flies album. Love the words on that one, that meld into the music and sound like they fit. The song is on the border between progressive rock and smooth jazz.

But let's boogie now with the red disc! 12" 45 RPM, I don't have any of those disco disks.

A Taste Of Honey - Boogie Oogie Oogie (Slayd5000) - YouTube

Last edited:
Lots of them, but the worst (took me two days to get it out of my head):

They're called earworms. For me, I hate them! Invariably my earworms are songs I intensely dislike. Usually, they happen when one of those hated songs comes on the radio while driving, and I can't immediately change the station.
Sure, I can listen to other songs thereafter, but often that iota of song stays with me after the radio is off.
And, yet, the most persistent was Do You Know the Way to San Jose (Dionne Warwick). Wasn't on the radio, but somehow the song implanted into my brain and wouldn't leave for something like a week. That happened several years ago, but I still remember that episode.

I read an article on earworms years ago. It stated that the cure to getting rid of a pesky earworm was to simply sing the theme song to Gilligian's Island a few times. It also noted that there is no cure for a Gilligan's Island earworm. :LOL:....humming...."a three hour tour"

Last edited:
Zombie by Cranberries. "What's in your heaaaaaaaad? In your heaaaaaaaad? Zom-bie Zom-bie Zom-bie bie bie bie bie oh oh oh oh...."

It's like she knew...

Also, recently, that damn "Shake" song by Taylor Swift lodges itself in there...

I'd tell you, but I don't want that song stuck in my head...

Ok, fess up...it's Honey by Bobby Goldsboro, isn't it? The cloying, sickly sweet worst song ever. In the interest of public health, I am NOT putting up a link to it, if one does exist by some poor misguided despondent demented soul.

Quick, get the antidote! GILLIGAN!!!

Gilligan's Island Theme Song - YouTube

This line has been rolling around in my head for decades -

In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

That is beating a dead horse.....

Ironically, this song is in a mental do-loop today...

It's been this Moby song...for over a week.

You might recognize it from The Bourne Legacy.

DW had a dream where the highschool band was playing the theme song to Batman and the cheering section called out "Batman"!

Back
Top Bottom