sports and body

Sawdust! You must have attended one of those rich city schools. We had nothing but gravel...

And you walked uphill BOTH ways to school, with NO shoes, in 5 feet of snow, right?

Our high jump "pit" wasn't that great. But it WAS better than sawdust, or a bunch of old bed mattresses strewn about..........:eek:

One year three of our top long jumpers got hurt. Noone could figure out why until they started digging in the pit, and found a 94 POUND rock strategically buried at 20 feet or so. I guess it wasn't a concern because up until that time noone jumped over 20 feet........:p

The only sport I used to play a lot was tennis, and I don't have any injuries from it. But I stopped playing a lot when I was in my mid 20s. I rarely play now, and I never go "all out" to get to a ball like I used to.

For those who answered, "yes" to sports-related injuries, would you go back and do anything differently knowing what you know now?

I think the state of training is much more advanced these days. Most of the coaches at my school were of the "drill instructor/no pain-no gain" mindset.

Injuries...yeah...horseback riding related. Was it worth it, yes.

However moving and lifting furniture and boxes so many times in my life has taken its toll. That was no fun.

Back
Top Bottom