Stuff you don't see everyday

Came home to find a snowplow stuck in the snow.

I have snapshots of a small heard of elk grazing in the front yards of a subdivision of Estes Park Co. One picture shows a curious (or perhaps startled) elk looking directly at the camera with flowers in her mouth. I'm guessing this was part of the larger heard we had seen the day before out back of the Stanley Hotel (of THE SHINING fame.)

Here's another one for stuff you don't see everyday...

img_1822222_0_b6019ffd58698444a956f3114d92f634.jpg

On morning I thought I would whip up a bunch of scrambled eggs. I had a new dozen in the frig and the first one cracked open was a double yolk egg. I think that was the first one I had ever seen. The second egg was also a double yolk as well as the third. At that point I thought there was a good chance I would run across some more so I decided to crack open all twelve eggs. one at a time into small glass dishes. It turned out that 9 of the 12 eggs in the carton had double yolks. Time for a picture to record this for posterity. What were the odds on that?

I think the picture is quite a few years old. Since then I think I have only seen one double yolk egg.

Speaking of moose, how long has it been since you saw an albino moose?

img_1822223_0_fb413ff88eb47a3c20e01570f7e69e54.jpg

This photo was taken on a trip to Alaska.

Speaking of albino, here is a picture of an albino deer taken on a cousins farm...

img_1822223_1_77fd975d093fcd742995d8ff2456a977.jpg

Years ago I saw an albino squirrel while out hunting. I tried my best to shoot that squirrel but I couldn't get him. I would have stuffed that one.

Years ago I saw an albino squirrel while out hunting. I tried my best to shoot that squirrel but I couldn't get him. I would have stuffed that one.

That's why they are so rare. ;)

On the other end of the spectrum, I saw a black squirrel about a year ago, first that I recall seeing, we have mostly gray and a few 'red'. I thought they were really rare, but when I mentioned to DW and the kids, they were like - yeah, black squirrel, big deal, seen 'em before.

They are a recessive gene, so occur regularly, but fairly rare.

-ERD50

Here's another one for stuff you don't see everyday...

img_1822240_0_b6019ffd58698444a956f3114d92f634.jpg

On morning I thought I would whip up a bunch of scrambled eggs. I had a new dozen in the frig and the first one cracked open was a double yolk egg. I think that was the first one I had ever seen. The second egg was also a double yolk as well as the third. At that point I thought there was a good chance I would run across some more so I decided to crack open all twelve eggs. one at a time into small glass dishes. It turned out that 9 of the 12 eggs in the carton had double yolks. Time for a picture to record this for posterity. What were the odds on that?

I think the picture is quite a few years old. Since then I think I have only seen one double yolk egg.

We raised a few hundred chickens, mostly exotic layers. Sometimes when the hens are young double yolks are more common. Some breeds tended to have a few more. Ducks, ducks and more ducks tended to have a very high number of double yolks.

Why? I don't have a clue.

Thanks for sharing.

we've got a stand up the road a ways that sells double yolk eggs. I haven't stopped, but I assume they have a particular breed of chickens that produce double yolks.

Twenty some degrees outside, DW and I are having lunch and some fool comes and jumps in the San Juan river. Must be 48°, I'll pass.

This morning our small plastic sided bird feeder only 8 inches long and three inches wide and maybe 6 inches deep looked odd.

Inside behind the plastic is a grey squirrel sitting in there eating. The tops on the feeder! I assumed he pulled out the plastic side, no!

Somehow it got under the lid and the lid fell back on top of the feeder. Unfortunately he was faster out of the feeder than I was to the phone.

Stone silent killer

Taken a couple of months ago while cruising the canals of Key Allegro in Rockport, Tx. Definitely not seen everyday, since it's a vacation home...

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 43
Nice johnnyfuego.

I saw this car today. There's damage on the bridge they just crossed. Maybe they didn't see the SLOW sign. Poor person ruined two rims.

Attachments

• 1484687685431.jpg
    1484687685431.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom