Texas Rangers

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Thank you Texas Rangers for beating NY Yankees. There’s nothing as sweet as watching a NY sports team lose. Especially the Yankees.:D

agreed. especially since they swept my twins this year.

This unassuming looking gent is your secret:

MVP of what? I could agree with calling him the MVP of the ALDS, but nothing more than that. He got one win in the ALCS (only pitched one game).Hamilton hit 4 HRs in that series. Lee was 4-6 with an ERA of just under 4.00 for the Rangers during the regular season.

I live in the Dallas area and love the Rangers (and Lee) but lets not get too carried away with what hes done for them. They would've beaten the Yankees without him. Im not sure what they would've done vs the Rays without him but they scored a lot of runs in both of the games he pitched so a lot of pitchers wouldve won those games.

MVP of what? I could agree with calling him the MVP of the ALDS, but nothing more than that. He got one win in the ALCS (only pitched one game).Hamilton hit 4 HRs in that series. Lee was 4-6 with an ERA of just under 4.00 for the Rangers during the regular season.

I live in the Dallas area and love the Rangers (and Lee) but lets not get too carried away with what hes done for them. They would've beaten the Yankees without him. Im not sure what they would've done vs the Rays without him but they scored a lot of runs in both of the games he pitched so a lot of pitchers wouldve won those games.
How about ... MVP Yankee Killer. And if others contributed, I'm happy to vote for them as well. :D

But he only beat the Yanks once. Colby Lewis became only the 7th pitcher to beat them twice in a series.

Ahhh ..gotta love that Texas humility ...

Be reminded though that NY has 27 world series championships and forty American League pennants... Not that I'm bragging or anything... :cool:

One of these guys...

Take your pick.

Attachments

• jesus.jpg
    jesus.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 42
  • devil.jpg
    devil.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 41

Be reminded though that NY has 27 world series championships and forty American League pennants... Not that I'm bragging or anything... :cool:

Considering "I" didn't do anything but drink beer, and watch the game on TV, I'm not bragging about winning anything... :cool:

But he only beat the Yanks once. Colby Lewis became only the 7th pitcher to beat them twice in a series.
All right. I'll not argue the point as I'm not a baseball fan, and I have a lot of confidence in Mr. Ha's judgment, so I'll leave the details to those in the know. I do enjoy two things about this match, however:
The Yankees lost, and the team that beat them had a payroll about 1/4 the size. For me, the Rangers can't get any better, and my decades old respect for Texas (I lived there once upon a time) has found new light.

Peace.

MVP of what? I could agree with calling him the MVP of the ALDS, but nothing more than that. He got one win in the ALCS (only pitched one game).Hamilton hit 4 HRs in that series. Lee was 4-6 with an ERA of just under 4.00 for the Rangers during the regular season

I personally wish the MVP could be split between Hamilton and Lewis for the ALCS. I normally am not a fan of cop-outs like dividing an MVP award, but in this case I could see it as justified.

All right. I'll not argue the point as I'm not a baseball fan, and I have a lot of confidence in Mr. Ha's judgment,
Peace.
Well, thank you. But I admit to being a Cliff Lee fan, and I really didn't do much analysis to pick him here. :)

Don't worry. 4 months from now, Cliff Lee will be a Yankee after they throw more money at him than anyone else can afford to just like they do every player....which by the way explains their 27 World Championships and 40 AL Pennants.

Put a salary cap on baseball like football has and we'll see who the best teams are. Not just who can spend the most money.

Don't worry. 4 months from now, Cliff Lee will be a Yankee after they throw more money at him than anyone else can afford to just like they do every player....which by the way explains their 27 World Championships and 40 AL Pennants.

....and then he will go back to his "normal" style of pitching and the Yankess will have purchased their latest FUTILE attempt at buying the pennant :mad:

....and I AM a Yankees fan....although I enjoy GOOD baseball more....

...and when you have ANY team that goes to intentionally walk a batter and then the pitcher commences to throw the baseball OVER the catcher to the back stop...man...it IS time to go home!

...and just for the record I turned it off after that "play"....just like I do the bad news..... and the continually "positive" :cool: pundits who couldn't tell where the stock market is actually headed WITH a crystal ball....that works! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom