the microwave, dead batteries, and my new favorite color

Oh, yeah, still in business, I think there were some folks that got in heaps of trouble with the SEC back when, so I don' t know enough to speak about their stock--all I know is the doughnuts and my, they are tasty. I do think their huge expansion plans ran up against all that healthy eating stuff.

But enough of this chatter about doughnuts and bacon, lets talk about inflation. :rolleyes:

But, since this is actually kind of an creepy topic around our house, any chance that the microwave is dangerous to human-types?
A microwave's 2.4 GHz RF output is designed to agitate water molecules to the point of boiling. So microwaves are only dangerous to things with water in them, like human cells. Otherwise, no problem!

Nords, do you always wake up after a nap on all 32 cylinders firing?
Yup. Usually with a classic-rock soundtrack playing in my head, and Eddie Van Halen on guitar. But I've mellowed considerably over the last few years...

Or maybe sugar ants lack much fat or water to absorb the waves. I'm sure there are engineeers on board who can speak with authority to this.
Yup again.

In the submarine force we learned that ants and cockroaches are largely immune to the effects of ionizing radiation, too. But it's not much fun having to enter the reactor compartment with both dosimetry and pesticides... Naval Reactors gets awful touchy about what products can be used in there.

just one word for you, hyphenated: Krispy Kreme.
Only the southerners will understand. Good lord, I'd run over my mother for a hot fresh Krispy Kreme doughnut!
Hawaii too. The state's only KK is in Kahului, so the local airlines ship them interisland fresh every morning. KK hands out plastic bags with rectangular bottoms so that several boxes can be carried onto a flight, and the local airlines occasionally impose a two- or three-box limit per passenger. (It probably depends on how many boxes are set aside for the flight crew.) Groups actually sell them by the box on streetcorners for fundraisers.

I do think their huge expansion plans ran up against all that healthy eating stuff.

Around here they ran into several problems:

1) Their donuts were almost $8 a dozen. The little local donut shops charge about $5 tops. Supermarket donuts are around $4 a dozen.
2) Their donuts were about half the size of the little local donut shop donuts
3) Marked lack of bacon in the product
4) Insufficient glazing. One should be able to sweeten an entire pot of coffee with one dunk of a glazed donut

Otherwise they were good. ;)

I was referring to some people's penchant for microwaving their undies to kill yeast in a sly, yet cute, way.

I wonder how they discovered that. Did someone get really confused about a recipe?

------------

I don't want to replace our 16 year old microwave because it has a great feature that the general public apparently wasn't able to appreciate or understand: A temperature probe. I just stick the probe into the food, set the temp, and the microwave heats it to that temp and holds it there.

Back
Top Bottom