The other side of the earth

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Ever wonder where you'd come out if you tunneled directly beneath you to the other side of the earth? Now you can find out:

Map Tunneling Tool

Contrary to what you may think, if you live in the US you won't end up in China...

Very cool.

Just when I think I've come to the end of the Internet, REW comes up with this stuff for us!!!

Oh wow - - good thing I never dug clear through to China, because instead of China I would have ended up on the bottom of the Indian Ocean! :eek:

Thank, that was fun and informative!

Contrary to what you may think, if you live in the US you won't end up in China...
Hunh. Western Botswana.

Seems simple when you do the math, but it's so much cooler zooming with Google!

Interesting Hawaii is the only place that I've lived that would end up in dry land.

Can you imagine how pissed our parents would have been if in are attempt to dug to China, the backyard end up getting filled with Indian Ocean water. :)

What can't you find on the internet? That was fun, thanks for posting. I too come out in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

Barrow, Alaska was the only place in the USA, other than Hawaii, I found that came out on land - Antartica.

Oh wow - - good thing I never dug clear through to China, because instead of China I would have ended up on the bottom of the Indian Ocean! :eek:

Yeah, me too!! I 'm glad I can swim. Ended up about 300 miles west of Austraulia. No wonder our whole area is soaked. However, I also know that we got about 8" of rain so far this week.

Thank, that was fun and informative!

It's not all bad down there.:)

B08_LauraImage.jpg

Looks like Chile and Argentina have the tunnel to China possibilities. Add in Paraguay depending on your politics re: Taiwan.

SE of Australia.
I was swimming for the coast with all my strength and nearly made it to shore...then I felt something brush up against my leg. :eek:

Hey REWahoo, that's a really cool website. One for the bookmarks. Thanks!

True, but for most of us in the US going 180 degrees around the globe at the same latitude would put us in China. Maybe that's where the idea came from.

Back
Top Bottom