The slide of the faucet

I posted a before pic back on 3/14. This is the after. Went with a Delta pull down and I’m pleased.

I find your mixing of finishes on your kitchen sink devices disturbing. I can feel the back of Mrs Scrap's hand already. She uses the hand with the big wedding ring. I am pre flinching. Some call it PTSD :LOL:

Just a side note here, you may want to check your water pressure regulator. I bought a new house twelve years ago and in about three years I had a problem with leaking faucets all over the house it seemed. Determine the pressure regulator had gone bad, replaced it and no problems since. Just a thought.

Installed one of those in stainless in a new apartment witty deep sink. Everyone loves it. I like the oil rubbed bronze, is it? I've started using this on replacement doorknobs in historic-ish (early 1900s) houses. Looks nice, rich, and doesn't show prints, has a good feel/hand.

So you don't drink the city water straight?

No. I was a water science major and spent a couple years as an operator in Cali. I read/trust the city quality reports for accuracy. I do have a taste preference for reverse osmosis for drinking and also into the fridge system for water/ice cubes. Strictly a preference.

I find your mixing of finishes on your kitchen sink devices disturbing. I can feel the back of Mrs Scrap's hand already. She uses the hand with the big wedding ring. I am pre flinching. Some call it PTSD :LOL:

You therefore must buy her a new one. Albeit smaller. ;-)

No. I was a water science major and spent a couple years as an operator in Cali. I read/trust the city quality reports for accuracy. I do have a taste preference for reverse osmosis for drinking and also into the fridge system for water/ice cubes. Strictly a preference.

Isn't RO the next best thing to distilled?

I'd think it would strip out nearly everything...so not much taste at all.

Isn't RO the next best thing to distilled?

I'd think it would strip out nearly everything...so not much taste at all.
That can be the point, if the taste of the tap water is objectionable. Unfortunately, the RO membranes are generally degraded quickly by the chlorine in municipal water supplies, so a carbon filter is needed before the RO setup.

I have well water that tastes just fine, but it is hard. So I have a water softener to remove the "hardness." But, that introduces sodium. So, I have an RO system to remove the sodium from our drinking water.
In retrospect, I might have been able to use the well water as-is for drinking (maybe after a pass through a carbon filter and UV for peace-of-mind). I'd still want the softened water for showering/appliances, etc.

My problem is different - been in the house 7 years, and about a year ago our kitchen faucet just stopped wanting to swivel. I've taken it apart, greased it, and reinstalled it including tightening the nut under the countertop as best I could. That helped for about two weeks. Now, it's basically bound up, fortunately on the correct side of the sink. Everything else works fine, but it is a cheaper builder's grade model so I'm thinking of replacing it.

I'd have no problem doing the install myself, except the dang faucet wrench that I have won't fit in the tiny little space where the nut is under the counter. Trying to find a good solution, perhaps some kind of extension... I hate paying plumbers for stuff I should be able to do... perhaps that'll change when I'm no longer in the accumulation phase and need things on which to "blow that dough!"

Back
Top Bottom