The Troll Game

ERD50

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Inspired by some recent posts here, I couldn't help but think of a little game for those of us who might be interested in some offbeat entertainment.

What if the mods allowed an established poster to create a second username, with the plan to troll the other members? How long before they are uncovered, and named?

No, not really serious, but I just have to wonder if some recent posts are from a troll, or if this poor person is really serious? I hope it is the former, or I fear he/she is going to take a hard fall if they are serious about this stuff. But I'd bet there isn't much height to fall from!

-ERD50

What if the mods allowed an established poster to create a second username, with the plan to troll the other members? How long before they are uncovered, and named?
No. Duplicate accounts are specifically prohibited by community rules (here), and the mod team makes every effort to ensure the integrity of the community and forum threads.

From the community rules
Trolling or cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
Participants may only have one account unless moderator permission for multiple accounts is granted.

Just to confirm, no such permission has been granted.

Last edited:
inspired by some recent posts here, i couldn't help but think of a little game for those of us who might be interested in some offbeat entertainment.

no, not really serious, but i just have to wonder if some recent posts are from a troll, or if this poor person is really serious? I hope it is the former, or i fear he/she is going to take a hard fall if they are serious about this stuff. But i'd bet there isn't much height to fall from!

-erd50

:) - erd50

How funny. We could all be the opposite of ourselves.

I had a problem with a wacky lady that set up sock puppets of a young Romanian girl, her American husband, and her mother on one site.
On another site she claimed to be a flight instructor at her local airport, but did not even have a pilots license. She also created a sock puppet of a young girl in the same town she lived in, and would have conversations with her.

I wonder why anyone would do this

I had a problem with a wacky lady that set up sock puppets of a young Romanian girl, her American husband, and her mother on one site.
On another site she claimed to be a flight instructor at her local airport, but did not even have a pilots license. She also created a sock puppet of a young girl in the same town she lived in, and would have conversations with her.

You jogged my memory for another absolute classic forum nutjob, the mall ninja: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Sock puppets? They sound fun.

Our first landlords, next door in the duplex, had family. DW finally secured a permit to meet the family one fine day. The neighbors turned on the TV(fairness to them, it was a console:D) and a popular daytime soap opera.

Brewer: I think I know that guy.

Last edited:
You jogged my memory for another absolute classic forum nutjob, the mall ninja: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

That was a classic read, thank you! I am amazed at the stupidity of some folks when trolls come...uh, well, trolling. That's why I like it here at ER.org, they get owned pretty damn quick. But the news comment sections? Yeah, not so much.

THIS is why this senior citizen doesn't go to the mall. These guys are idiots, one may be my exSIL who shot himself in the a** at the pistol range. I saw the pics! Such tough guys!

I have seen this as well - same fingerprint. A scam always unfolds at some point... "My stove broke, my plane broke.... whatever... " Follow the money.

Back
Top Bottom