This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was -17° when I got up to use the restroom about 7 a.m., I did my duty, and went back to bed until a 'decent' hour. It's now 0° out...the warmest it's been since 9 p.m. Wednesday night. The really cold snap is over....YEA!!!...the temps are supposed to keep getting warmer all the way up through late Saturday night! And a little warmer each day after that. Good, I've been waiting to grill out some nice ribeyes over the coals...either MLK Day or Inauguration Day!!! (Maybe both!) :)

Visiting Chicago. -5 F this morning with a blowing wind. Lots of fun. The windshield washer froze up on our rental car. And I wanted to go to Hawaii and DW overruled it.

why in HE!! would you visit Chicago when it's -15..............I was born and raised there, my entire family still lives there, and I refuse to visit in the winter. I'm currently suffering through upper 50's in north Florida! :)

Mike

It's 27 degrees right now and my dumb ass dog is sitting outside. Every time I get her to come back inside, 5 minutes later she is standing by the door wanting to go back out. Somewhere along the way, I have failed in teaching this mutt good common sense. :blush:

We turned the heat on for the 1st time in 2 years here in central Fla.

My in-laws retired to New Port Richey Florida about 20 years ago. They recently moved to Chapel Hill NC siting the intense Florida heat was getting to them in their old age. The other day my mother-in-law called my wife and said........."WE SCREWED UP BY MOVING"....................it's COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD here :)

I think they allow snowmobiles this time of year :)

Mike
disclaimer - this is not a pic of me nor is it something I own.

need a ride?

Attachments

• Typical Snow Coach.JPG
    Typical Snow Coach.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 5
Up to 0F at noon.

The warm-up hasn't really reached us yet in Wisconsin. At noon it's -8 with a -26 windchill. Tomorrow it's finally supposed to warm up but it'll bring 4 inches of snow with it. Just can't catch a break.

why in HE!! would you visit Chicago when it's -15..............I was born and raised there, my entire family still lives there, and I refuse to visit in the winter. I'm currently suffering through upper 50's in north Florida! :)

Mike
Because DW wanted to spend Christmas with my family (and some of hers) in Wisconsin.

Of course, my BIL flew down from there to go to Barrett Jackson auto auction (as seen on SpeedVision). I got him free tickets and hats. But he is texting everyone that it is 75 and sunny and he is afraid of sunburn and dehydration.

Man. 24 degrees here and it is FREEZING! I might have to get the heavy coat out, or at least zip up this fleece jacket I have been wearing. I don't know how you folks do it where the temps are near zero for weeks at a time.

I just got an email advertising the low rates they offer. The cheapest, under $70 were found in MN, WI and MI.

.... he is texting everyone that it is 75 and sunny and he is afraid of sunburn and dehydration.

Yeah, that heat stroke thing can be awful in January. It's 59 degrees here but so still I had to bring out a fan.

Man. 24 degrees here and it is FREEZING! I might have to get the heavy coat out, or at least zip up this fleece jacket I have been wearing. I don't know how you folks do it where the temps are near zero for weeks at a time.
24 degrees is a heat wave for a lot of us lately.
We EastCoasters do not get the extreme subzero temps :nonono: like our Midwestern neighbors. I salute their fortitude. :cool:

Finally, a thaw. +1C today. A welcome break after 2 weeks of -40

-40? Is that C or F? Sounds cold either way! Heck, +1C sounds much colder than +34F.

-6 this morning in Dublin. Hope this stuff breaks soon. Had a window crack yesterday. Double Pane with inside pane cracked. There goes another $150 programmed budget item.

It's supposed to warm up to a balmy 31 deg F in Dayton late this afternoon. That's close enough to freezing that I might take the car to the self-serve auto wash and hose off the salt film on top and underneath. Sure, I could take it to the automatic wash, but this way I save $3 and get to skate, too.

9 in NYC now. Now I know why I was cold last night! I'm Never cold in this apartment - OK, I guess that is 'almost never'.

Tomorrow - a veritable heat wave - high in the low 30's, but with some snow predicted.

ta,
mews

It's 32°....ABOVE!!! A mix of clouds & sun...overall, pretty darn nice! Looks like we're done with the sub-zero cr*p.....at least for the next week to 10 days. I'll be cooking out Monday or Tuesday.....1.5" thick ribeyes over a nice charcoal fire! YES!!! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom