This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll arrange my life so that I do not have to face winters in the north or summers in the south.

I like summer in the south. I can't stand anything below about 50F that's winter to me. Time to hibernate till spring.

Sitting here waiting for Tornadoes, hail, damaging winds and thunderstorms till about 3:00pm.

Just back from 90 minutes at the beach !! Looking forward to a nice dinner sitting outside at a fun restaurant for Xmas day :cool:

Richard4444 : rub it in for those of us having to deal with Euclid.

When did the Weather Channel receive the authority to name storms?

Anyway, I moved to So Florida for the only reason of getting out of the cold northeast when w*rk was done . :cool:

Ah, Bondi Beach. ;) Did not catch any good sight when I was there. But did see some on Manly Beach. :)
The scenery is usually good at Bondi, and it goes great with Foster's and shrimps on a barbie.:)

I have to say South Beach is a good domestic winter destination without the LONG flight to Australia.

It's snowing....it will prolly be gone by tomorrow, but it's pretty now. Kinda neat for the kids. :)

Snowing in Big D and a few miles down the road here it's sunny and 65. :)
Yep...that's TX for ya. :)

Here's a pic I took from my patio...

Attachments

• snowxmas2012.jpg
    snowxmas2012.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 20
Monday 70 degrees we sat up on the deck and had beers at 3PM. Today not so nice high about 55.

Here's another pic since the last one of over a little an hour ago. It's hard to see in the pic, but the snow is heavy and the wind is blowing around 30 mph. :eek:

Ok...I'll quit posting pics now. :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC04248.jpg
    DSC04248.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 9
Wow, BbbamI!! That's a lot of snow in just an hour!

We have a tornado warning, with a possible tornado moving into the area. It is dark here with gusts of strong wind and sporadic torrential rain. But, it's much worse further north than it is here.

Oddly, it's 72F here although we are expecting a precipitous drop in temperature later tonight.

Well, at least the pond has not frozen over. I hope there's no little fishy swimming in there.

Current temp of 56F where I am. It's 26F up at my boonies home with low to 18F. A weather cam near it shows 2 ft on the ground. Some time after New Year, I will drive up and spend a couple of days to check things out.

Last edited:
Hate to hear of the tornado warning W2R. :(

NW....no little fishies in the pond. We thought about adding some, but I'd worry too much about them. :blush:

Stay safe y'all....

Here's another pic since the last one of over a little an hour ago. It's hard to see in the pic, but the snow is heavy and the wind is blowing around 30 mph. :eek:

Ok...I'll quit posting pics now. :LOL:

bbbamI, in our neck of the woods, we had a lot of rumbling going on last night and early this morning and at one point during the night, thought I heard hail. Now back to the white Christmas.

Seriously snowing in central AR (following an hour or two of sleet).

First time it has snowed here on Christmas Day since 1926.

....to spend New Years week with our kids in Missouri. Current temperature there: 6 degrees.

Dude! That has got to be a record! Staying warm (relatively) up north in W. PA and enjoying the white Christmas. In the middle of the blizzard. Just as predicted. About 9 inches of new snow. Now we are getting the ice crystals. I got to hand it to the weather people. They were spot on.

We got about 5" of mostly Ice rain. Weather folks called it Ice pellets. Stopped about an hour ago, just finished blowing the stuff off the driveway. Temp about 31F.

Waiting out the storm in SE Michigan. Headed to Central Pennsylvania in the morning, hopefully after it clears a little. On the bright side it's only 34 more days til the trip to Key West. Then 6 weeks in Phoenix to get the bulk of Winter behind us. Taking it one Winter at a time.

Batten down the hatches down to 6 tonight in sunny southern Arizona. The hummingbird feeders are coming in, to be rotated in and out of the house in the morning, only takes about 45 min at that temperature to freeze up. My African spurred tortoise is camping out in the house tonight. He usually holes up in the barn in and among some hay bales. The guinea fowl will be huddled under a heat lamp in the barn. I will keep my socks on, even though we cranked the heat up to 70 today. Even the basal starts will move from the Arizona room to the living room. At least we are prepared for cold PHX is showing 26 and L.A. is showing close to freezing temperatures. Find someone to snuggle with.

Wow...6 degrees! :eek:

Our weather has been strange this week... Anywhere from a high of 70 to lows of 30 degrees. It's 27 degrees colder now than it was this morning. Also, my Dallas 'burb has received almost 5 inches of rain in the past few days.

Batten down the hatches down to 6 tonight in sunny southern Arizona.

Brrr!

High of 80F today here in New Orleans. I am wearing shorts, and have had the AC on since last night.

But, earlier in the week we had some severe thunderstorms with a half foot or foot of rain, and we are expecting a repeat of that tomorrow with highs in the 50's on Monday. Crazy weather all over the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom