This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having some strong gusts in advance of this front. The wind just picked up my trash can and blew it into the fence. I heard the "POW!" when it hit, and ran out to bring it inside. Brrrrr. Stay warm, everyone.

Bummer. This afternoon the forecast was 3 to 6 inches of snow. Now it's 4 to 8. This is not a good trend.

We have beef stew cooking in the crock pot and brought the snow thrower in the garage from the shed. It's a tight fit behind the motorcycle but easier than doing it tomorrow. On the plus side, we'll get a free lunch. I always do our 75-year-old neighbor's driveway and he insists on taking us out to lunch later.

Attachments

• weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 20
DW couldn't stand it, had to go out and start clearing even though the most is yet to come. I wait until it stops, then clear.

No doubt I'll get teased by the neighbor for sending her out will I'm sipping hot tea.

Attachments

• shoveling_snow-1.jpg
    shoveling_snow-1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 21
  • shoveling_snow-2.jpg
    shoveling_snow-2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 22
DW couldn't stand it, had to go out and start clearing even though the most is yet to come. I wait until it stops, then clear.

No doubt I'll get teased by the neighbor for sending her out will I'm sipping hot tea.

That's not good, when someone wants an escape route! It snowed here overnight. Enough, for Pete's sake!

I posed the full story elsewhere on another thread so I won't repeat it, but years ago after DW going out to shovel while I thawed out resulting in a passing snowplow taking pity on her and plowing out our driveway, I told her she would now be going out to shovel during any major snowstorm. :LOL:

I do like the change in seasons, though, and we get a little of that too.
I do like the change in seasons too. For us, a nice change from the dry heat of 115-120F of summer. See below. :angel:

Come on down to Scottsdale. Above average temps all week.:dance:

High 76F, low 41F in Phoenix today.

Temperature up in boonies home 57F high, 24F low. Not too bad for 7000 ft elevation, but I have not been up for a few months.

Last edited:
No snow here but winds gusting to 45 mph and a low of -24 for tomorrow night.

Polar vortex also back in southwestern PA. We got about 4 inches of light, fluffy snow yesterday. I will definitely escape this next Jan-March for points south after I retire this summer.

Please send some snow our way. Kind of strange how the East side is getting a decent amount of snow and the NW is too dry. We need plenty of mountain snow to keep things running during the summer. I have a Subaru Forester with nice Winter tires on.....come on snow!!

Please send some snow our way.

If I could, I most certainly would! We got a bit over 6 inches but because the wind blew it around so much it's hard to measure with certainty. Some spots are almost bare, others have a foot or more. The local airport reported 6.7 inches. More bothering is the cold, which is forecast to stay around for the length of the forecast.:(

This is not good. Geez, I hate cold weather! First forecast is for where we are. Second is where I want to be.

Attachments

• weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 12
  • weatherFL.JPG
    weatherFL.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 9
Don't come over here. I thought my face was going to crack off today.

And last I looked, it'll be worse tomorrow :(

High for tomorrow here in central MN is -5 F. The wind is howling. Sure wish I was on a beach somewhere soaking up some Vitamin D.

Please send some snow our way. Kind of strange how the East side is getting a decent amount of snow and the NW is too dry. We need plenty of mountain snow to keep things running during the summer. I have a Subaru Forester with nice Winter tires on.....come on snow!!

Yes! We don't need any more "beautiful weather" for awhile. Today it is 70's and sunny, and blades of emergent plants are few and far between. Right now I envy all those snow/rain/sleet/hail storms. Just think about how beautiful the flowers are going to be this spring for all you in the East and Southeast!

It was -18 with a winchill of -36 this morning. At least we don't have to worry about the humidity. Schools were closed for the third time this year.

Yes! We don't need any more "beautiful weather" for awhile. Today it is 70's and sunny, and blades of emergent plants are few and far between. Right now I envy all those snow/rain/sleet/hail storms. Just think about how beautiful the flowers are going to be this spring for all you in the East and Southeast!

Well, I have my 1 degree (tempwise) to put in my pocket. And my super-warm coat that I rarely wore as it was not cold enough - some years I didn't get to wear it and was disappointed. It makes me look like a moon man!

All you Northern retirees need to move south. Here is NE Florida it is colder than normal but you can still drive and walk on the beach if you care to do so. :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom