This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this hurricane season will be over in another 30 days or so. What a horrific year its been for so many. Glad to hear NOLA did not get hit to any great extent.

Reactions: W2R
We are so thankful that New Orleans was not badly damaged, too. We feel like we really dodged a bullet this time.

Although we are used to this, still, in the back of our minds is the utter nightmare we experienced after Katrina. We thought we were taking this one really well, but there was a lot going on on a subconscious level. Today both of us are just unbelievably stiff and sore from having muscles as tight as piano wire for a few days due to subconscious stress. We can hardly walk.

Today I'm planning to just sit, doze on and off, and recover.

Last edited:
We are so thankful that New Orleans was not badly damaged, too. We feel like we really dodged a bullet this time.

Although we are used to this, still, in the back of our minds is the utter nightmare we experienced after Katrina. We thought we were taking this one really well, but there was a lot going on on a subconscious level. Today both of us are just unbelievably stiff and sore from having muscles as tight as piano wire for a few days due to subconscious stress. We can hardly walk.

Today I'm planning to just sit, doze on and off, and recover.

I'm glad you dodged the bullet.

I'm glad you dodged the bullet.

Thank you!! I gather that Mississippi was not so lucky, although we haven't heard from any of our Mississippi members yet. I saw online that Biloxi got 7" of rain. :eek: Hope they are doing OK over there.

We are in the middle of the first snow for the year. A little over an inch on the ground and it is snowing heavily. I'm wasn't ready for this. The truck is in town in the shop, but the roads were just graded Friday so I would just make a mess if I tried to plow. There are still summer people up here. We should be OK. It is supposed to warm back up starting tomorrow. I need to go split some wood before I can work in the house.

Wind is howling, it's pouring rain, and the power just went out here in southeastern Connecticut. Looks like it's gonna be a long night for the power crews. They're showing almost 60,000 customers out now and that number is going up quickly.

Escaped our first wet snow without any power loss or downed trees. Hopefully it dries up enough for all of us to get our leaves raked. This years snow took us all by surprise as early as it was.

The first snow is here! I guess that means golf season is over.... :(

So glad I don’t have to drive anywhere today, winter tires notwithstanding.

It's 88 degrees in my 'hood today....had freezing temps during the night just a few days ago. :blink:

Wow, snow!!!

Our high today was 84F, which is a little hotter than our average high temperature of 74F for this date.

Our area is going through that lovely season where the weather goes back and forth from warm and muggy to cool and dry, and my sinuses go into complete meltdown...:dead:

Snow in new orleans!!!

We have a winter weather advisory for snow and sleet, and believe it or not, it is snowing outside! It's only 36 here so it won't stick.

Frank and I eat lunch out every day, and it was my turn to drive. Like many here, I can't drive in the snow or ice at all, and had no idea how much worse the weather might get while we were eating. So I drove to the nearest sandwich shop just 2 very short blocks away and after lunch came straight home. We plan to stay home now.

I saw snowflakes the size of quarters falling on the windshield and sliding down. Pretty awesome!

snowflake.jpg

From your many other posts about life in New Orleans I've often thought about trying to talk DW into moving there, but clearly it is not far enough south. If I can talk her into a move south, I want it to be somewhere where I'll never see another snowflake.:D

We're also forecast to get snow, possibly tonight and then tomorrow, then again on Monday night into Tuesday.:nonono:

Evidently buying a new snowthrower wasn't enough to stop the snow. Or maybe I didn't spend enough - Ariens makes one that has an electronic fuel injected engine and electric hand warmers built into the handlebars, all the bells & whistles, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the $1,800 that it costs for the 24 inch one.

From your many other posts about life in New Orleans I've often thought about trying to talk DW into moving there, but clearly it is not far enough south. If I can talk her into a move south, I want it to be somewhere where I'll never see another snowflake.:D

We're also forecast to get snow, possibly tonight and then tomorrow, then again on Monday night into Tuesday.:nonono:

Evidently buying a new snowthrower wasn't enough to stop the snow. Or maybe I didn't spend enough - Ariens makes one that has an electronic fuel injected engine and electric hand warmers built into the handlebars, all the bells & whistles, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the $1,800 that it costs for the 24 inch one.

Well, the snow isn't there YET - - maybe your snowthrower's magic will still work. :D

I would recommend Honolulu. I used to live there, and we thought it was frightfully cold when it got down in the 60's. I think the lower 60's was as cold as it ever got while I was living there. When the thermometer hit 70 or below, my high school classmates and I would pull out our pretty sweaters to wear, because we were cold!

Last edited:
Supposed to be 5-7 inches at our house in MD. We'll watch it on our wifi cameras from the lanai here in SWFL. The cold snap will be hitting here too. It was 84 today with 90% humidity. Tomorrow and the next few days are supposed to be in the mid to high 60s. I'll still be wearing shorts, but I can guarantee you I'll see people out in heavy coats and fur lined hats.

Nice clear blue skies here, highs in the 60's, but it gets to the mid 30's just before sunrise.

Snow? What's snow - :)

Yippee! First snow of the season here. Happy to see it covering all those bare branches on the trees. And if there's enough accumulation to need clearing, our condo's snow guy will take care of it!

We're getting a little bit, but hardly enough to call it "snow". Paved areas are just wet and the grass and shrubbery has a very light coating of snow that we can see green through. I seriously doubt that I'll be breaking out the snow thrower just yet.

We’ve got about 3” of snow here at our mountain house. It looks like there might be more at the other house, judging by what I’m seeing from the Army-Navy game broadcast. I went for a two-mile walk in the beautiful gentle snowfall this morning. I like snow in December. By March I don’t like it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom