This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I live (Atlanta suburb):
IMG_20171209_083332948.jpgIMG_20171209_074013387.jpgIMG_20171209_111311415.jpgIMG_20171209_111245029.jpg

Okay, at this point I've lost all interest in going outside for anything until April.

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 21
Okay, at this point I've lost all interest in going outside for anything until April.
I know exactly how you feel. Cold streak here as well - last couple of days temps have plummeted to 65 during the day. I had to put shoes and socks on today. Brrrrr...

I know exactly how you feel. Cold streak here as well - last couple of days temps have plummeted to 65 during the day. I had to put shoes and socks on today. Brrrrr...

Consider yourself virtually punched in the shoulder....:LOL:

Yep, this is "August Revenge" season around here. Daytime highs aren't even making it to the 70's...
Today's high was 67, but it is sunny, with blue skies and nice out there for some reason. I wore my sweatpants instead of my usual shorts when we went outside, but that turned out to be overkill. I took a light jacket but didn't wear it.

Here, "August Revenge" was about a week ago when we were having temperatures in the mid 30's, and SNOW. Brrrrrrr......

Edited to add: Oh, OOPS! You were joking around. I didn't get it. Ask my brother about that; I usually look kind of puzzled when others are laughing at a joke, and then get it ten minutes later... ::blush: :2funny:

Last edited:
21 degrees here at the Pa. / De. this morning... just walked the pooch and the wind has the Garbage cans everywhere. Of course one of my Jotul gas stoves is down awaiting a new reciever battery box today. I hope i ordered the right part...

21 degrees here at the Pa. / De. this morning... just walked the pooch and the wind has the Garbage cans everywhere.
Brrrr! I'll bet that wind made it feel especially cold outside when you were walking your dog.

We sometimes get very strong winds here, with hurricanes, tropical storms, and winds coming in off the Gulf of Mexico at various times. I keep my trash can inside the garage because I got tired of picking up trash that the wind has blown around.

It has been unseasonably warm and dry up here in the mountains so far. A slight possibility of snow tomorrow. If we don't get some snow we could be in for a major drought next summer.

We have a winter weather advisory for snow and sleet, and believe it or not, it is snowing outside! It's only 36 here so it won't stick.

Frank and I eat lunch out every day, and it was my turn to drive. Like many here, I can't drive in the snow or ice at all, and had no idea how much worse the weather might get while we were eating. So I drove to the nearest sandwich shop just 2 very short blocks away and after lunch came straight home. We plan to stay home now.

I saw snowflakes the size of quarters falling on the windshield and sliding down. Pretty awesome!

snowflake.jpg
When I was in school in NO LA, there was a geometry teacher who promised us homework unless it snowed. One year it did. That was the last time I really liked snow. [emoji1] New Orleans weather is great but Honolulu is better.

I love snow, I loved when we lived in Michigan years ago and a typical winter had 6 feet in our backyard. Everyone had to contract a snow removal service yearly, just like garbage pick-up. Our snow removal company would shovel trails in our backyard for the dogs, and we had big dogs. The deer used to hop around. Some of the best memories I've had. We had lake effect snow from Lake Michigan and it would snow for days and days.

I love snow, I loved when we lived in Michigan years ago and a typical winter had 6 feet in our backyard. Everyone had to contract a snow removal service yearly, just like garbage pick-up. Our snow removal company would shovel trails in our backyard for the dogs, and we had big dogs. The deer used to hop around. Some of the best memories I've had. We had lake effect snow from Lake Michigan and it would snow for days and days.

I'm with you, Rianne. My xc skis are still languishing in the basement. Bring it on!

It could warm up just a bit, though.

The temperature here has almost quadrupled today. from 3 to 11.

:LOL: Brrr!!

In just three days our highs dropped 30 degrees, from 81 to 51 on Christmas. Today it is about the same, 50F, but now the rain has started. :)

Looks like -6 for a high on new years eve here in Vikings country. DW just bought a new heating blanket. Using our supplemental baseboard heat in the three season and occasionally turning on the mine space heater to supplement the dual stage high efficiency furnace. I feel like the power meter is rolling similar to Clark Griswold Xmas.lol. When highs are 0 i spare no expense in heating the abode lol. Gas and natural fireplaces for those -40 days :)

One of my favorite winter weather stories:

This happened nearly 50 years ago. I was stationed at a very small military installation in the snow belt. The base weather officer was a friend and generally regarded as very good at his job.

One winter day, he had predicted light flurries in the evening, and that's exactly what we got. But after he went to bed the skies opened up and we had well over two feet of new snow by morning. More importantly, the wind was very strong that night and it drifted against his house (most of us lived off base). He was completely unable to get out either the front or side door, and had to jump out a window on the far side of the house. Then he had to shovel his car out. :facepalm:

We were all quite used to heavy snow and most everyone got to work on time, but the weatherman showed up well over an hour late. We teased him about it for years afterward. :LOL:

-9 when I woke up this morning. All the way up to -5 now with a forecasted high of -1. Then back down to -10 by morning. It took 3 hours for my furnace to get the temp to go from 65 to 69 this morning.

Home sweet home!

With 53 inches, Erie breaks Pennsylvania's two-day snowfall record - CNN

Once the driveway was cleared....not too bad. Got to the auto dealer on time to have a safety recall performed, but most places short staffed as folks dig out. Still snowing with lake effect snow warning until late Wednesday.

May take another day or so to get things back to normal. Sure glad my son and I got the finished repairing the snow blower early last week (replaced belts and idler pulley).

Not much snow here yet but cold cold. I will go ice fishing tomorrow will be the warmest day of the week.

I grew up in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. As an adult I lived in Chicago, Connecticut, and Maine, and shoveled my fair share of snow.

I just want to thank all those posting for reminding me why I live in central North Carolina. While I do miss parts of New England (especially in August), this time of year more than makes up for the summers here. :dance:

-29C here this morning. Yes, that's cold but it's been fairly mild (for here) until just a few days ago...mostly ranging from -12C to a little under freezing for all of December. Unfortunately, the cold snap is supposed to hang around for another week with -35 tonight.

-29C here this morning. Yes, that's cold but it's been fairly mild (for here) until just a few days ago...mostly ranging from -12C to a little under freezing for all of December. Unfortunately, the cold snap is supposed to hang around for another week with -35 tonight.

I don't know what those numbers mean but they look cold.

I grew up in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. As an adult I lived in Chicago, Connecticut, and Maine, and shoveled my fair share of snow.

I just want to thank all those posting for reminding me why I live in central North Carolina. While I do miss parts of New England (especially in August), this time of year more than makes up for the summers here. :dance:

Remove Mass and we followed each other around and I did a spell in southern California but left there for Texas.

Connecticut is still home but is becoming a distant second to Texas. You can keep your snow and ice and all the hassle that goes with that as far as I am concerned. A winter scene does look nice on a post card, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom