This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
High 70's and sunny in Cali. It's been a tough fall so far but we are dealing with it as best we can.

82F with no clouds and low humidity. Love it.

Time to break out the skis! It has been snowing light and fluffy powder all day. Maybe I can talk the kids into going skiing for Thanksgiving!

High 70's and sunny in Cali. It's been a tough fall so far but we are dealing with it as best we can.

It just got a lot tougher hope you are safe from the fires...

83 and sunny in FLA. Can't complain.

Yes 7.5 here also , between the weather and the George Bush funeral here It knocked out our satellite phone , TV and Internet for a while .

Has 7.5 inches of rain last night. Things are wet around here (still)!
Yes 7.5 here also , between the weather and the George Bush funeral here It knocked out our satellite phone , TV and Internet for a while .
Wow, 7.5" of rain in one day is a LOT!! You must be about ready to float away by now. :)

We got what is probably the same storm today, but apparently it left most of its rain there in Texas. We got 1.5"-2.0" from it today, mostly in a couple of fairly torrential downpours with medium levels of rain in between. It was dark as night there for a while.

I thought it was a pretty good deal, because it brought warmer (69F) weather back to us. Also my arthritic shoulders stopped hurting so much once the weather changed, yay... :D

Weather I understand, but how on earth did the Bush funeral knock out your satellite, phone , TV and Internet?
I'm sure there is a logical cause and effect of some kind! But now that you mention it, I'm not quite sure what.... :LOL:

I remember years ago when George Bush 41 was in College Station for some event related to building his Presidential Library. It was a Very Big Deal. I was waiting in my car on George Bush Drive for my daughter's middle school to let out, with all the other moms in their cars who were waiting for their kids too, as moms do in many towns on weekday afternoons. Anyway this happened to be the street on which his motorcade was to travel. The Secret Service was swarming all over the place, through the bushes and on the rooftops. Probably they were just checking to make sure everything was safe. I never saw anything like it before or since. I don't recall any effect on electronics, though.

Storm coming to FLA tomorrow, but not like Texas.

Wow, 7.5" of rain in one day is a LOT!! You must be about ready to float away by now. :)

The rain started yesterday morning and rained all day and all last night. There were some very violent boomers and a good part of Houston got flooded. But that doesn't make much headline news anymore.

The rain started yesterday morning and rained all day and all last night. There were some very violent boomers and a good part of Houston got flooded. But that doesn't make much headline news anymore.
When I googled it, there it was; but I just hadn't listened to enough news to have heard about it I guess.

Wahoo
I don't know for sure if the pres. GH Bush knocked out my communications . It started Wednesday afternoon when an airplane came over real low . One of the neighbors said it was AF 1 doing a low flyby College Station . We came back up about 8:00 PM Wednesday . On Thursday when the train came through everything went down again . We live about 10 mins from where the funeral train came through. Others said they got no cell communications on the route all circuits were busy. Don't know if but strange it all went down.

Last edited:
Prediction for 2018-19 winter

NOAA's Climate Prediction Center says for 2018-1019 much of the U.S. will be in for a bit milder than normal winter. Bear in mind that this is essentially the forecaster's WAG and there are a lot of qualifiers in this, such as "could", "might", "maybe" and the like but hopefully it's based on more factual stuff than the number of black bands on woolly bear caterpillars. Anyway, FYI:

https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/winter-outlook-favors-warmer-temperatures-for-much-of-us

Kind of a bummer though. While I'm not a fan of cold weather I was hoping for at least one good two-foot snowfall so I could really try out my new snowblower, followed immediately by two weeks of 60° weather (hey, that happened once!) so all the snow mess doesn't stick around for the rest of the winter. Here in WV we're kind of in the "neutral zone" so basically anything can happen. DW will be very happy if the money spent on snow removal gear is completely wasted.

We had beautiful weather on Christmas. But today?

Last night the winds were just howling and the rain was loud too. Today it is still storming and we have a tornado watch, a flash flood watch, a high wind (40 mph) advisory, and more. What could go wrong? :angel:

On the "plus" side of the ledger, it's 73F so I am wearing shorts, sandals, and a t-shirt, my summer retiree uniform. I love warm weather so I think it's worth a few watches and warnings.

73..laughing.

I got up at 6 am and blew snow for 2 hours. 8-9 inches. While I snowblowed, it snowed another 2 inches or so. I put the snowblower away and then shoveled the new 2" on the driveway and sidewalks. 2 hours later I shoveled another 1-2".

Now the blizzard warning is in effect starting at noon. 30-35 mph winds whipping 10+ inches of new fluffy snow into a mess.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.....or not

Floods are no fun. Wind is no fun. But, I would take those and 73 over a blizzard. Why do we live here again? No idea. :)

40 degrees and raining. The wind is blowing rain across the ice on the lake making it look like a flowing river rather than a lake.

Last edited:
65 F and sunny today but last night we got pelted with 4" of rain. There were small hailstones in it at times also.

Some overdue snow![emoji12] Hopefully it's hanging around for a few days. It started early and I hope it stays late..

Snowing the last two days. Been brown till the day after Christmas. I kind of enjoy the new look and change. My walks have been beautiful.

73..laughing.
:LOL: It's 74F by now! I love it and our ever-present humidity is great for my dry skin.

65 F and sunny today but last night we got pelted with 4" of rain. There were small hailstones in it at times also.

I think your storm in The Woodlands (just north of Houston IIRC) is heading over towards us. Current radar below. I am about at the dot just to the left of "New Orleans" on the map, just a couple of blocks south of Lake Ponchartrain. To look at the radar, you'd think it wasn't raining here but it is. Winds are tossing the tree tops about, lightly, and it is gloomy out there.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 22
Starting today, we have 6 days of 80+ degrees.
People over in the City Data Tampa site complaining it is too warm for New Years day.
Seriously, don't live in FLA then.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom