This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually warmed up overnight when clouds rolled in, it's up to -11 now. Windchill, however is -37.

Our lake effect snow forecast = stay close to home today.
Syracuse Area Loop - NewsChannel 9 WSYR
The yellow color is the "1 inch per hour" type stuff. :blink:

I used my cell phone to try to capture the snowfal rate. The vertical streaks of white (look at the pine tree and fence to the right of the trees for best visual contrast) are snowflakes, falling fast and thick.

It may not even be OK to go out in the 4WD Jeep in this stuff. :nonono:

Attachments

• snowfall1inchhour.jpg
    snowfall1inchhour.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
I'm probably south of your MN location. It was -19 on a clear morning when I walked the dog.... ok ok I dragged him. I don't want to replace my carpet yet, so he has to go outside for his business!

It is 34 below back home right now.

Oddly, it is 34 above where I am right how in Texas.

We will be getting a bit of wind. The clouds are keeping the temps below 70.

Forecast for Eastern Cochise County below 5000 feet
Area Forecast For:
Issued: January 23, 2011 02:39:15 MST

Today: Mostly sunny. Highs 56 to 61.

Monday: Mostly sunny. Highs 58 to 63.

Tuesday: Partly cloudy. Highs 59 to 64.

Wednesday: Partly cloudy. Highs 60 to 65.

Thursday through Saturday: Mostly clear. Highs 59 to 65.

It's +3 here but wind chills are still in the -30 range. This week we might hit +20 about Tuesday, that will be a nice break from the cold.

Since I have been back from FL (only one week but it seems like an eternity), it has been nothing but snow, ice and cold. On Friday I had to leave the warmth of the office and make some field visits over snow covered country roads and, boy, am I sick of winter. Temps here around 20 and at night at zero and even -8 on Friday night. I have become a veritable shut-in the last couple of days, driven out only to pick up groceries. Beginning Tuesday, more snow predicted. Those of you who live in warmer climes sure are on to something.

Only six more weeks 'til March, only six more weeks...

Forecast high for the next few days isn't even over 30, low 6 tonight. Guess I won't be using this for a while:

Attachments

• Poor-bike.jpg
    Poor-bike.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 2
Only six more weeks 'til March, only six more weeks...

Yea... March:confused:? March means? Only 2 more months until winter is over:D

Here in Wisconsin we get 7 months of winter, 1 each of spring and fall and 3 of summer.

Take heart, yesterday was, on average, the coldest day of the year. Starting today the average temperature begins to rise.

This morning's forecast trumpets the cheery news that we here in western PA will be in the deep freeze until the middle of February. It might be the coldest winter here since the 1980's. Flurries, snow and cold. I don't mind it for a few days in a row or a week or so, but for some reason this year it is more oppressive for me.

here in SoCal we have been having unseasonably warm weather for January. It is expected to be 75 today. The last couple of weeks have been similar. The 7-day forecast is for more of the same.

tortillaflats.jpg

Another -11F morning in the Laurel Highlands of PA. No snow to move, went Ice Skating. The local favorite greasy spoon closed due to frozen pipes.

Now 31F, according to the radio we are done with the minuses and single digits. We'll see.

-11 here also. :(

A length of copper pipe (closed loop water heat system) on the north side of the house got slushed up, i.e. no heat this AM. Room temp was 67F, so it hadn't been off for very long.

I set the zone thermostat lower than room temp to avoid burning out the circulator pump that was vainly trying to cycle water through the pipes.
I pulled out my trusty ceramic heater, removed the protective covers off the pipes, and applied some serious radiant heat to the pipes. A cookie sheet helped to concentrate the heat on the pipe, not the wall.

1 hour later...voila...water circulating again, heat nice and toasty. :D

Woohoo.....temps going to be nice for golf the next couple of days. 64 today and near 70 tomorrow. Going to be nice not having to wear several layers.:)

We're forecasted to be around 70 today and tomorrow. Sure am glad we don't live "up nauth". It's definitely going to be an "afternoon beer on the porch" kind of day.

-11 here also. :(

A length of copper pipe (closed loop water heat system) on the north side of the house got slushed up, i.e. no heat this AM. Room temp was 67F, so it hadn't been off for very long.

I set the zone thermostat lower than room temp to avoid burning out the circulator pump that was vainly trying to cycle water through the pipes.
I pulled out my trusty ceramic heater, removed the protective covers off the pipes, and applied some serious radiant heat to the pipes. A cookie sheet helped to concentrate the heat on the pipe, not the wall.

1 hour later...voila...water circulating again, heat nice and toasty. :D

Let me guess - you have done this before?

We've had a nice week with temps in the twenties to low thirties. There is another Arctic front coming with lows this weekend of about -20 and windchills in the -30 to -40 range. Hurry up Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom