This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over a foot of snow today. I'm ready for spring!!

Yea, we got blasted in SE MI, too. Initial prediction was a few inches - over 10 on the ground now and more predicted today.

If only I had lived a good former life I could be basking in sunshine now in California or Hawaii, rather than doomed to the hellish winters of the Rustbelt. :LOL:

I lucked out seems like about six inches if it were averaged out. Seems to be in big piles on my sidewalk and in front of the barn. Time for the winter wonderland to end, One week till March and I usually have to mow lawn before the end of April. Radio is playing is playing Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini just to spite me.

About 6AM got very windy and temperature dropped from 50F to 37F in about an hour. Ever since: dark and rainy.

Blowing snow all day so far. Light lake effect of Lake Ontario that is not showing on radar but had added an inch or so to the overnight. No sense moving snow till the wind drops or all the snow is in piles. Two foot drift on the sidewalk now is the worst.

Okay, okay, okay, here's one:

We've had a front sloshing through the islands that's stalled the tradewinds for about a week. The humidity has been impressive but it's finally started breaking up as the rains move through.

Then the lightning started-- and blew a hole in a church roof. A couple of boaters even reported their craft being disabled by a lightning strike.

But what really catches your attention around here is... hail. It's not unheard of, but it happens.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/...ning_issued_as_heavy_rain_falls_on_Oahu.html#

Wow, that's unusual weather for Oahu, Nords!

Here, highs in the 80's are predicted again and it is humid, of course. The weather is predicted to stay about the same, with highs in the 70's or low 80's, for the foreseeable future. I don't mind, though - - I love the rainy, hot, humid weather here with the small exception of August and September which are so extreme. Right now my AC is switched on for the summer. We haven't been having much rain (considering our rainy climate, just some drizzles now and then).

Hope the good weather continues through Mardi Gras, on March 8th. In the past, sometimes there has been bad storms with torrential rain and wind for the parades. One time when F. was younger, he was riding in the Bacchus parade and a windstorm arose that was so bad that a float was blown clear off an overpass, landing far below and killing at least one rider. What a tragedy. So we always hope for no severe freak storms at this time of year.

The next big parade going by his house is tomorrow night, and after that there will be almost nightly parades and many daily on weekends as well. The parade stands line our major streets by now. This is a great place to be retired, instead of working. Traffic is often completely impossible due to parades, but still working folks have to get to work on time - - a stressful conflict. But we retired folks just take it easy and don't worry about it. :)

Last edited:
29 F and snowing. Great! After 30 years in New Orleans and 5 up here - not tired of snow yet.

Of course being in ER and not having to drive in it makes a huge difference.

heh heh heh - pantry and frig. are well stocked. :greetings10:

On the freeway today, I saw some motorhomes heading up north. It's still only 63F high, 47F low here. Wondered why they were leaving so soon.

29 F and snowing. Great! After 30 years in New Orleans and 5 up here - not tired of snow yet.

Of course being in ER and not having to drive in it makes a huge difference.

heh heh heh - pantry and frig. are well stocked. :greetings10:

Long time no post there, UncleMick!

Ok why am I in the most intense snowstorm of the winter? Visibility is about 150 feet, winds are 50 gusting to 70km/h. The St Bernard is hiding in the barn. The good news is the forecast has reduced the accumulation to only 15cm.

Yesterday's high (83F) broke the record. The cold front swept through during the night, with a little rain, but by 7:30 AM it was already 68 with more highs in the 80's predicted.

Still, the TV meteorologists are reluctant to tell us that winter is over.

Time to clear the driveway again.
Getting older makes it tricky, but still possible.

Attachments

• walkerplow.jpg
    walkerplow.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 0
The heaviest snowfall and wind gusts have gone by us, now it's just good ol' minor lake effect and moderate winds. Watertown NY was getting snowfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour. :nonono:
We were scheduled to drive to MA today, but we wisely chose to delay the trip until the weather calms down. Just playing it by ear...:whistle:

We had snow in the San Francisco Bay Area last night for the first time since 1976.

There was a light dusting of snow on the ground (not on the road) for part of my AM bike ride. It didn't make it to the valley floor here in Silicon Valley but it did make it down to some of the suburbs along the eastern edge of the Santa Cruz mountains. My guess is that it made it down to 200 feet above sea level.

It's drier than a five day old biscuit here. We really need some rain.

Yesterday we had rain,sleet,snow,hail,thunder and lighting. Feel free to take any of those;) We ended up with about 2 inches of icy slush under about 6-7 inches of heavy snow which then froze hard as a rock. Looks like spring won't be until May again for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom