This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 10 inches of wet snow yesterday and now have solid ice. What happened to Spring?

We lucked out, the last storm missed us completely. Just 90 miles south they got 21 inches of snow.

Come to the Washington, DC area. We are getting soggy here.

This has got to be the rainiest winter yet on the North Coast. I can't find local data, but I see that Los Angeles is at 140% of normal.

The weather here has been ideal. Sunny, bright, 83 with a little soft breeze, and relatively low humidity for this area. It hasn't rained yet this week, but it hasn't been that long either. Flowers are everywhere. What a great spring we are enjoying this year.

Yesterday a tornado blew apart some houses about 25 miles away, in Greensburg, SW PA. Heavy rains etc.

This morning light snow flurries, forecast in the low teens for tonight and tomorrow night.

Spring is here.

Yesterday a tornado blew apart some houses about 25 miles away, in Greensburg, SW PA. Heavy rains etc.

This morning light snow flurries, forecast in the low teens for tonight and tomorrow night.

Spring is here.

Surely, you jest!

No, spring is really at my location. Temperature of 70F. Sunshine. My fruit trees are in bloom. Some scattered yellow wild flowers are blooming on my gravelled yard. My wife wants to keep the latter and would not pull them up. I admit that they do look pretty.

And my hay fever is rearing its ugly head. Yep, spring has been here. Triple-digit summer is not too far behind.

Time to go up to the boonies home. Or to RV. Actually, I'll do both. Stock market has been up. Life is grand!

Spent 9 days camping out in the low country of NC. 70s-80s there. Got the pine tree pollen covering my car to prove it.
Came back north, 15F outside. Wasn't spring supposed to happen?

Free to canoe

Wasn't spring supposed to happen?
Free to canoe

Supposedly. I'm still parking my car on several inches of ice/frozen snow from the last storm about 5 days ago. Lows tonight will be around 13. Still looks and feels like winter up here.

Sunny :D
34F :(

These brave little souls are ready to open...:flowers:

Attachments

• bravecrocus2011.jpg
    bravecrocus2011.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1
50 degrees in my 'burb. I went outside a few minutes ago and I swear I could smell rain. I just can't see it...

Very small amount of wet snow here in the early morning. By 11 AM it was all gone. But the temp here is 40 in Northern VA. And that's no fun.

This winter has been absolutely ridiculous.

According to the weatherman, it's the 6th snowiest ever in this area. "Ever" being since they started keeping records in the 1880's. #'s 2&3 were in 2008&2009 so we've been getting killed in recent years.

OMG, must all be due to that terrible global warming :whistle:.

After putting up with 7 consecutive days of sunny 75 degree weather in Arizona, I came home to 41 degrees and cloudy, and the it looks to be 48 -52 and rainy for the next week.

Amazingly, we are finally going to break the 70-degree mark around here tomorrow. I think the real reason why I look forward to the NCAA Final Four is that it signals that baseball and summer are not far behind! :cool:

53 degrees here this afternoon and a winter storm watch with 6 or more inches of snow for tonight and tomorrow.

We finally got our first 70+ degree day of the year. Of course this is Wisconsin so we aren't allowed to have good weather: Tornado Warning siren is going off.

We finally got our first 70+ degree day of the year. Of course this is Wisconsin so we aren't allowed to have good weather: Tornado Warning siren is going off.

Yikes. The Good News? Spring is here. The Bad News? We'll all be cowering in our homes with the onslaught of tornado watches/warnings. :(

Yikes. The Good News? Spring is here. The Bad News? We'll all be cowering in our homes with the onslaught of tornado watches/warnings. :(

Spring is here: for 1 day. Tomorrow goes back to highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's. I don't consider that spring. That's still winter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom