This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
sFi_fire.gif

We gotta little storm heading here we'd like to send your way....you know, just to cool things down a bit and ease the drought. Just a little hop over Florida and there she goes....:angel:

Attachments

• irene2.gif
    irene2.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
Boy...we sure could use it.

A few clouds are building up, but they'll prolly turn into dust.

It's the pits when you can't walk barefoot across your grass...as the grass is too crunchy.

Record heat yesterday, don't know about today yet but the heat and humidity was unreal.

Tonight a storm just started - - the intense sort of summer storm that heat like that sometimes brings on. Loud thunder, torrential rain, and enough gusty wind that the sound of the rain on the windows was like hail (I had to go check).

New Orleans wouldn't wish a hurricane on anyone, but still we are sure grateful that Irene isn't going to be ours.

New Orleans wouldn't wish a hurricane on anyone, but still we are sure grateful that Irene isn't going to be ours.
If Irene would stay Cat 2 or lower and it hit a sparsely populated area, you could wish her on us and we'd throw her a party, especially those of us inland...

Earthquake devastation in Virginia :LOL:

Attachments

• Earthquake Damage.bmp
    447.7 KB · Views: 18
I'm in Leesburg VA right now. Got to head back home to the beach by Friday to batten down the hatches. Put down the hurricane shutters and tie everything on the deck down. Don't want any flying lounge chairs or kayaks.

It's funny. I watch the weather channel and it sounds like I should head back early and get started on the ark. But if I go to their website and check the forecast, it sounds like two days of moderately heavy rain and a trifling 40 mph wind. Plan for the worst and hope for the best, I guess.

I'm in Leesburg VA right now. Got to head back home to the beach by Friday to batten down the hatches. Put down the hurricane shutters and tie everything on the deck down. Don't want any flying lounge chairs or kayaks.

It's funny. I watch the weather channel and it sounds like I should head back early and get started on the ark. But if I go to their website and check the forecast, it sounds like two days of moderately heavy rain and a trifling 40 mph wind. Plan for the worst and hope for the best, I guess.

Yes, you have got to do that. Won't do any harm to err on the safe side.

If Irene would stay Cat 2 or lower and it hit a sparsely populated area, you could wish her on us and we'd throw her a party, especially those of us inland...
I sure hope you get a good drenching soon. The drought in Texas has become so ugly.

We are still getting rainfall every day, and I am grateful for it. Tonight I lost electricity, cable, and cell after that brief but intense, loud, torrential, lightning-filled storm earlier, so I took a nap. Now everything is back.

Last edited:
Looks like they've shifted the forecasted path a bit to the left. My house is now right on the line between the 59+ mph winds, and the 78+ ones. I may have to use extra bungee cords on the kayaks. Luckily we have a propane generator. We'll at least be able to see, the fridge will keep the food cool, and the toilets (pump for the well) will work. As long as I have these three things I don't need anything else. And this ashtray. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Sorry. Got carried away.

Looks like they've shifted the forecasted path a bit to the left. My house is now right on the line between the 59+ mph winds, and the 78+ ones. I may have to use extra bungee cords on the kayaks. Luckily we have a propane generator. We'll at least be able to see, the fridge will keep the food cool, and the toilets (pump for the well) will work. As long as I have these three things I don't need anything else. And this ashtray. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Sorry. Got carried away.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Harley, take care. If it helps, I know about the "just one more thing" pre-hurricane thought process. There is always just one more.

We are still getting rainfall every day, and I am grateful for it. Tonight I lost electricity, cable, and cell after that brief but intense, loud, torrential, lightning-filled storm earlier, so I took a nap. Now everything is back.

This morning, I found my trashcan was blown over by the wind and my trash was spread all over the yard. Ugh. Got that picked up.

Actually I was pretty lucky. The house across the street had a tree blown down on top of their car, and other houses had plenty of debris to pick up.

11:15 am local time and the temp is approaching 103. I think it might be a little on the warm side today... :dead:

Maybe time for another RV trip for you? :) I understand there are places where it is cool.

Hint: not here. We have been having record heat and close to it recently, in the mid to upper 90's. Still, with our pattern of daily rains this summer damping the heat in the afternoons we have no complaints.

108 here now officially. Our tap water -- the "cold" water -- just tested out at 96 degrees.
:eek:

Our tap water is not that hot....but it does taste a little like dirt. Thank heavens for the water filter in our fridge.

Post Irene we've got beautiful clear skies, and now that the sun is down we're running at about 65 degrees. Nice.

Please let it turn away from land. Tropical depression 12 - predicted to be a Hurricane Katia by Thursday.

Tropical Depression TWELVE

Attachments

• TD12.gif
    TD12.gif
    28 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Earlier this a.m. we got a little rain. Right now it's cloudy and 82 degrees. :)

I imagine by this afternoon, it will be 107. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom