This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
high of 82 tomorrow and very dry right now. That's almost too chilly for the kids to go swimming. Where are those 90+ degree 95% humidity days when you need them?

103 today, 103 forecast for tomorrow. Predictions are next week it will start getting hot...
You made me go look at the forecast and my wish has come true. We're getting a cool front on Monday, the highs will be in the mid-90's all next week. Time to break out the jackets.

470_268_090704233605.jpeg

90 something tomorrow. Do my business in the morning. Hunker down in the high heat periods. :D

Have I mentioned lately how perfect the weather is?

Today

sct.jpg

Mostly
Sunny
Hi 73 °F

high of 82 tomorrow and very dry right now. That's almost too chilly for the kids to go swimming. Where are those 90+ degree 95% humidity days when you need them?

I see what you mean. It's 71 here and the window can be only cracked open rather than wide open. How we long for the 73 in Martha's North Country.:cool:

I see what you mean. It's 71 here and the window can be only cracked open rather than wide open. How we long for the 73 in Martha's North Country.:cool:

Looks like it won't break 77 degrees here today. I guess that makes up for the upper 90's we had back in early May.

Summer broke out yesterday......no rain, full sunshine, low 80s...after a cold cloudy 4th of July.
The boat was taken out for a spin and I actually used sunscreen. :D Lake water is still too cold to swim, even for me.
72F today, no rain but clouds forming.

Got my first "summer" electric bill. It wasn't as bad as I thought....

Don't worry - - we have two or three more months for it to rise. Mine was only $74.40, but it was automatically deducted from my bank account on June 17th so I am expecting the next one to go up.

We have 70% chance of rain today!! Oh, joy! It is supposed to really cool things down a lot and I am looking forward to that. The 4th was really hot and muggy. Today, I even brought my umbrella to work in anticipation. :D

Last edited:
Don't worry - - we have two or three more months for it to rise. Mine was only $75 or so, but I got it half a month ago so I am expecting the next one to go up.

We have 70% chance of rain today!! Oh, joy! It is supposed to really cool things down a lot and I am looking forward to that. The 4th was really hot and muggy. Today, I even brought my umbrella to work in anticipation. :D
Gadzooks...$75! :eek: That's about what it costs to cool my laundry room.

Congrats on the rain...we got a few sprinkles and cooler temps yesterday.

The municipal utility bill we just received was $214, with about $135 of that being electricity (our city buys wholesale power from the LCRA and it currently costs us about 11 cents per KWh). And that was almost worst-case in terms of kilowatt-hours used. This month may be a little worse, but probably not THAT much worse.

The front near us, as usual, stalled out just north of us. The folks about 50 miles north of us don't seem to be having much of a drought compared to us further south.

Don't worry - - we have two or three more months for it to rise. Mine was only $74.40, but it was automatically deducted from my bank account on June 17th so I am expecting the next one to go up.

$114 for me. Small house too, but very old and energy inefficient. :( But the weather is great! We got rain last night and early this morning.:) First rain since right before Memorial weekend. More possible later today.

Gadzooks...$75! :eek: That's about what it costs to cool my laundry room.

Ah, if only I *had* a laundry room to cool! :LOL: The washer and dryer in my (probably smaller) 1558 square foot house are located in a closet just for them. Also, I might have been accidently cheating! I corrected my post to point out that my $74.40 bill was deducted automatically from my bank account on June 16th, so probably it covered more May than June temperatures. When I get home, I'll check.

Another factor is that temperatures at my work are utterly frigid. So, when I come home each day, I turn the thermostat from 85 to 78 or so, change into loose cotton shorts and t-shirt, get a tall glass of ice water, and enjoy thawing out. Then at bedtime I turn it down to 74.

bbbamI said:
Congrats on the rain...we got a few sprinkles and cooler temps yesterday.
So far, nothing but sunbeams, though there are some cumulus clouds up there. Hoping...

Last edited:
Ah, if only I *had* a laundry room to cool! :LOL: The washer and dryer in my (probably smaller) 1558 square foot house are located in a closet just for them.
Luxury! Ours are located in our detached garage. Which makes doing laundry really suck this time of year. Having said that, because of the front passing north of us (and as usual, sending all the rain farther north) we're down in the low 70s now and we're trying to do as much laundry as we can while the march to the garage is cooler...

Luxury! Ours are located in our detached garage. Which makes doing laundry really suck this time of year.
That is absolutely the PITS in central Texas in the summer. :(

ziggy29 said:
Having said that, because of the front passing north of us (and as usual, sending all the rain farther north) we're down in the low 70s now and we're trying to do as much laundry as we can while the march to the garage is cooler...

Down in the lower 70's? Gee. We're at 89 and rising already. No fair! :2funny:

Ok...I'll fess up...my bill was $271. It was about $20 more this year than this time last year. I can't sleep hot. :p

That is absolutely the PITS in central Texas in the summer. :(
If we decide to stay in this house and retire here, we're probably going to add a master suite and a laundry/utility room, and attach the garage to the utility room. We have a fairly decent idea about how that would come together. But there's little financial reason to do so at the moment unless we're convinced we'll be "lifers" here or close to it (subject to the ability to escape for much of the summers).

Ok...I'll fess up...my bill was $271. It was about $20 more this year than this time last year. I can't sleep hot. :p

Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch. Let me guess - - you live in the Taj Mahal (relatively speaking), and your DH (and kids?) are constantly opening the refrigerator or freezer, when they aren't leaving the back door open.

Looks like when I move to Missouri I'm going to get clobbered on my electric bill for not using enough electricity:
Analysis | With new charge, saving electricity could end up costing Missourians - Kansas City Star
Oh well! You just can't win.

Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch. Let me guess - - you live in the Taj Mahal (relatively speaking), and your DH (and kids?) are constantly opening the refrigerator or freezer, when they aren't leaving the back door open..
Nah...none of the above. I cook with electric, we have outdoor lighting, a few small pumps in our pond, so that adds a little to the cost. I've just got to have it almost chilly in the house. I've always been hot natured. :p

I'll try to make ya feel better. My monthly gas and electric, spread out evenly with the budget plan, goes for around $300, every month to cover winter heating costs. I do not have AC in the house. I do have an outdoor hot tub.
Feel better? :flowers:

Made me look... Last year with electricity and gas combined, I averaged $225 a month. Yeah..I've got gas. :sick:.....:D

Made me look... Last year with electricity and gas combined, I averaged $225 a month. Yeah..I've got gas. :sick:.....:D
We don't even have gas here. When we bought the place, the kitchen and water heater were all electric, so when we added central heat we opted for a heat pump. We did that mostly because it rarely gets cold enough here to force the very expensive "emergency" electric-resistance heat strips to kick in, and because it would cost us about $12 a month just to have a gas account even if we didn't use ANY. Given that we'd only need gas for heating and we only need heating 4-5 months a year, it made economic sense to use a heat pump rather than conventional A/C and a gas furnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom