Time to spring forward and change the clocks

It always seemed to me that I was working overnight on the day of the time change in the fall. Actually got to do it at 2 am and it was no fun. Never seemed to work the overnight at the spring change but did once come in for a Sunday morning shift an hour early due to the time change. Rats!

I was up until 3 last night, so my laptop changed while I was on it. But I didn't notice.

Having just retired, this is my first non-working change over. I'm expecting (hoping) that because I don't have to go to work or have any morning time commitments, that this will not really matter.

I’ll never forget the time our family missed the time change. I was about 7 or 8, although we were usually early, walking into church we all thought we were a couple minutes late. Quickly made our way to our pew and sat down..only for the congregation to stand up leave 2 minutes later. Doh!!! I’ve still never seen my parents so embarrassed.

Anybody actually do it at 2 am so you get to experience the shift in real time ?

No.

But for some reason I enjoy watching my car adjust it's analog clock the first time I get into it after switching to/from DST. It moves smoothly and deliberately to the new time.

A couple years ago we were in Utah in our motorhome and were driving over to Colorado. Stopped in Page, AZ to have lunch with friends. Yep, we met up with them and were ready for lunch and they thought we were nuts. They had just had a late breakfast. Arizona doesn't observe DST.

Last edited:
It always seemed to me that I was working overnight on the day of the time change in the fall. Actually got to do it at 2 am and it was no fun. Never seemed to work the overnight at the spring change but did once come in for a Sunday morning shift an hour early due to the time change. Rats!

Yes, that always happened to me too when I was working midnights when the spring change happened. Somehow they arranged it so I was working other shifts on the fall change. It's all a conspiracy, I tell ya!

Some clocks are hard to adjust

Attachments

• 2018_03_12_10:39:17_001.png
    2018_03_12_10:39:17_001.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom