Tipping

Outtahere said:
And he's probably never lived with a pregnant woman.
No one has ever lived with a pregnant woman-- you just grit your teeth, serve your time, and hope that the parole hearing isn't too painful...

TromboneAl said:
Haven't been traveling for a while, and I have some questions on tipping.

We're going to stay at a 4-star hotel (thanks, Priceline!) in St. Louis. Is there likely to be a bellhop taking us to our room (we will only have one piece of luggage each), and if so, how much tip?

Courtesy shuttle from the airport -- tip?

Exotic dancers - 15%?

Bankrate.com is doing a survey on holiday tipping.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/pf/20051219a1.asp

Strange. There are no exotic dancers on the list of "service providers". :cool:

I don't get out THAT much but when I do I tip pretty big. OTOH I'll stiff anyone that renders poor service.

At my bachelor's party, over 20 years ago, before the era of lap dances, my brother tipped the cute strip club waitress $20 with the first drink order. He thought that he would get good service all night, but she promptly dissappeared, thinking that kind of money was going to obligate her to more than delivering drinks. The moral to this story was, you can tip too much.

I once went to a gentlemen's club right after work, dressed in a suit and tie. After a while the star of the show slithered my way. She lightly licked my ear and whispered, "Can I borrow your tie?" "Hommina, hommina, hommina" I answered.

She slowly removed my tie, eased her way back up on stage and danced my tie in, out, up , down and all around. My tie actually totally dissappeared for a while. No, not to a dry cleaner butt but under her ah, costume.

For the ride home I tied my tie to the car antenna. Didn't want to greet DW smelling too stanky and wasn't about to pitch out a good silk tie. I hate it when my tie has more fun than I do. No tip for her.

Back
Top Bottom