United 93

Maximillion

Full time employment: Posting here.
I would think that this would be a very difficult film for most Americans to watch??

Max, I want to compliment you on your conduct on the board in recent weeks. You have engaged in positive, well-spoken interchanges of information and I have nothing but accolades for your participation.

That said, starting this topic when you've had a history of posts like this gives me pause to consider your motives. Here's hoping your intentions are consistent with your more recent contributions to the forum.

To answer your question...yes, most definitely.

I am not sure what purpose the movie serves, to me, it is like opening an old wound that has just started to heal?

I would not find entertainment in the Lockerbie Disaster, so why this move was made in the first place is confusing to me?

I would not watch it.

I think more movies will come as time goes by. Many atrocities eventually were put on film.

"If it is new to you; you don't know history"

I think there is value in remembering why we fight, and who we fight. You may be right in terms of scale on 9/11, but this is far from over, IMHO.

I have not yet seen the film. Flight 93 crashed less than two miles from my home in Pennsylvania. Fortunately, that is a sparsely populated area. Thinking about those brave people brings tears to my eyes.

I don't know if I CAN watch the movie.

Max,

I agree with you and with Nords in the related thread. I watched the live television coverage as it unfolded. I have no desire to see it again. At some point in time it may become history, but not now. Yes, the passengers were heroic; yes, the hijackers were vile and evil. Do we really need a visual memorialization to know these things? The wound will never heal if we continue to reopen it.

setab

I will not watch that movie, period! I too watched the coverage, I was glued to the tv, radio and internet, that was enough for me.

Darn you folks! :mad:  I had convinced myself not to go see Flight 93 and now, thanks to this discussion, I probably will.

Had the same feelings over the years about other disaster/war/terror films such as "Saving Private Ryan," holocost documentaries, "Pearl Harbor" (versions one through twelve), the various Titantic movies, etc.

It's not a matter of seeking further information, conspiracy theories or anything like that.  I have a clear differentiation in my mind between what I'll see on the screen as an entertainment production and the actual event.  It's just starting to sound like they have done one heck of a job putting together a terrifying thriller..............but, in my mind, not a documentary, and I won't look at it that way.

Back
Top Bottom