Washers and dryers

We are very happy with our Kenmore HE3/HE4 washer/dryer. Only have had them for 6 months though. A huge difference in how the washer treats the clothes. Even I do the laundry sometimes now. :D

Our Kenmore is great, uses less water & soap and does a good job, especially wrings out a lot of water from the clothes yet doesn't beat them up. Cost the same or less than a cheap top loader because of utility rebates.
Don't use regular soap, don't ask me how I know.

MasterBlaster said:
Apoc:

How much does it cost to have Martha do all of your laundry ? ;)

Nuthin. As most know I rarely wear pants around the house, so . . . most of the laundry is hers. It's like all I am is a few blobs of grey (and flannel boxers in the winter) in a ocean of whites and pastels. Wait . . . I changed my mind: $700+plus tax. And I take care of all the kitchen work--sometimes.

I probably mentioned this before, but I have a white goods repairman friend who complains (kinda) about the quality of most machines, saying all the internal parts are now made of plastic instead of brass, even the bearings. He said that most machines last not much longer than the stated average, not including belts.

This Tron we bought is supposed to have a virtually frictionless direct drive motor. I'm hoping this improves its length of service. If nothing else, it reduces the noise. It may be worth asking about when you talk to the salesman. I think the Neptune and such have a similar type drive. The motor froze up on our ten year old machine, so I made a judgment call that replacing the motor would probably cost more than a new cheap machine. After that, it only took a few discussions with salesmen to end up thinking about spending more money than originally intended. ::) I'm hoping we bought the Toyota of washing machines, a little more $ up front but savings on the back end.

How can this group have almost two pages of discussions on washers and dryers with not one mention of cutting dryer sheets in half? :confused: :confused:

I'm really dissapointed. :) :) :)

yakers said:
Our Kenmore is great, uses less water & soap and does a good job, especially wrings out a lot of water from the clothes yet doesn't beat them up. Cost the same or less than a cheap top loader because of utility rebates.
Don't use regular soap, don't ask me how I know.

Well, I resisted a long time but have to get my post count up, soooooo............................................
my washer and dryer were both bought used. I have no idea what make or model either one is. They are white. They wash and dry my clothes. That's all
I know or care to know.

JG

sgeeeee said:
How can this group have almost two pages of discussions on washers and dryers with not one mention of cutting dryer sheets in half? :confused: :confused:

I'm really dissappointed. :) :) :)

OK, so instead of Cogito Ergo Sum (Des Cartes) how about Half-a-dryer-sheet-o Ergo Sum?

One thing I didn't see mentioned about front load washers, is that many sleeping bags can only be washed in them.....not in the regular top loader washers. Also, many bedspreads will not fit in a regular top loader, but fit in a front loader.

This will be why I buy a front loader for my next washer. I wash my bedspread every week since I have a cat that sheds on it, and my kids camp with their sleeping bags......also feather comforters wash in front loaders, and we currently take them to the laundramat to use their front loaders.

Back
Top Bottom