What do you put in your coffee?

Isn't there anyone else out there who doesn't drink coffee? :confused: I put a dessert spoon in my coffee because the only way I consume it is as coffee ice cream!

scrinch said:
Isn't there anyone else out there who doesn't drink coffee? :confused:

Me!!

And I discovered totally by accident yesterday that having my tea (Barry's from Ireland, with sugar and milk) in a mug that was empty but had had beer in it -- well, it's yummy. Slightly beer tinged Barry's tea. :)

How about you?

kate said:
Me!!

And I discovered totally by accident yesterday that having my tea (Barry's from Ireland, with sugar and milk) in a mug that was empty but had had beer in it -- well, it's yummy. Slightly beer tinged Barry's tea. :)

How about you?

Aha! Another Barry's Tea drinker!
I grew up in Cork and fondly remember visiting their aromatic premises in Princes' Street. Barry's Gold Blend was the default in our home. Did you know that Ireland has the highest per capita tea consumption in the world? And, having been to China, that's really saying something!

Slightly beer tinged Barry's tea.

Never tried it, but now that you mention it I will. In fact I'm working on the beer part right now...Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.

Ha! Hitting my second Steel Reserve high gravity beer right now...slowing down carefully.

scrinch said:
Isn't there anyone else out there who doesn't drink coffee? :confused:

Have lived my entire life in "coffee-land" up here in the Seattle area. Last December, one of my tenants stuck a $20 Starbucks gift card in with his rent check with a note that said "thanks for being such a nice landlord". I appreciated the thoughtfulness . . . but I don't drink coffee. Finally decided to use the card 2 days ago and got something called a "cinnamon dulce latte" as I thought that probably wouldn't have a strong bitter coffee taste. It wasn't bad. Got over $15 left on the card - think I'll try their "green tea latte" next time.

Toejam said:
Have lived my entire life in "coffee-land" up here in the Seattle area. Last December, one of my tenants stuck a $20 Starbucks gift card in with his rent check with a note that said "thanks for being such a nice landlord". I appreciated the thoughtfulness . . . but I don't drink coffee.

Well, there's always the desserts ;)

My coffee; a spoonful of artificial sweetner. If it's really strong, a splash of cream.

Toejam said:
Have lived my entire life in "coffee-land" up here in the Seattle area. Last December, one of my tenants stuck a $20 Starbucks gift card in with his rent check with a note that said "thanks for being such a nice landlord". I appreciated the thoughtfulness . . . but I don't drink coffee. Finally decided to use the card 2 days ago and got something called a "cinnamon dulce latte" as I thought that probably wouldn't have a strong bitter coffee taste. It wasn't bad. Got over $15 left on the card - think I'll try their "green tea latte" next time.

Do they still serve the Chai Tea Latte at Sbucks? That's what all my non-coffee drinking friends would get.

They used to have hot chocolate but I haven't been a Starbucks in 10 years.

Last time I went was about 5 years ago. We went in and ordered two cups of coffee, a large milk and a couple of small pastry things. Total came to about $30. After my eyes stopped bugging out, I found the culprit. The $7 cup of milk. I briefly pondered inserting a joke here about breast milk but reconsidered it.

I'll bite - half coffee - half non-fat milk - cools the coffee down to drink immediately- now if I'm in a really feeling rich mood, I add an awesome cocoa powder drink mix I purchased in Swiztelrand - It's called Caotina - they serve it on the tables at breakfast there and I brought back two big containers of it - one is milk chocolate and the other, my favorite, is Noir Chocolate - heaven! I usually only drink a half a cup of coffee a day because well uhh - people always ask me if I've been drinking coffee when I have more than that :) I ping easy with coffee caffeine.

I'm confused... Tai chi or Chai tea? Can't keep track of all this new wave stuff... :duh:

Laurence said:
Do they still serve the Chai Tea Latte at Sbucks? That's what all my non-coffee drinking friends would get.

Yes, Laurence, they still serve the Chai Tea Latte. I opted for the Cinnamon Dulce Latte first because the barista behind the counter said that it was better than the Chai Tea Latte. Will order it soon, but only after I try the Green Tea Latte first.

Wish I'd bought stock in Starbucks 10 years ago. Who'd have thought the company would have done so well.

Milk (prefer skim, but am not too picky), Splenda (or regular sugar if not available), and either some fig newton-equivalents or iced oatmeal cookies (best when they sit in the coffee for a few minutes and turn into a sweet sludge at the bottom)

MMMmmmmm.....

We buy whole bean Columbian from Gevalia. They are pretty expensive (we have allowed for them in the retirement budget) but we always say after trying something else "Not as good as Gevalia's Columbian." We have been buying from them for over 20 years. I grew up adding heavy cream to coffe but have cut back to half and half. I have been a coffee drinker since about age 10. I have a hard time waking up in the morning so it's never decaffinated for me.

I grind in a blade grinder and pour almost boiling water into a single cup Mellita drip cone.

I think milk ruins the flavor of coffee. It has to have the fat in it to taste "right."

We use milk and honey in tea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom