What do you spend for gas in a year?

About $25. every 8 weeks or so. I don't drive much at all: can (and do) walk or bus everywhere

For my wife and I.

For natural gas: $0
Propane: $0
Gasoline $0 (between 13,000 - 32,000 miles per year).
(Electricity costs about $100/year)

We spend around $2,400 per year. This includes 20k miles on the Jeep Cherokee and about 3k miles on the Nissan Z.

Estimating about $1000.

No more than $1200/year, for the past 3.5 years. With the local grocery store promotion, I've acquired over free 30 gallons of gasoline each month for the last 8 years. The only time we pay for gasoline any more is when we travel, and we will be in California for 4 weeks this year.

Last year was around $2,800. Two small SUVs and we both drive quite a bit.

I don't have a clue. I suppose I could look up the charges on the CC but that would ruin my standing in "Procrastinators Anonymous". The closest I could get is >10k miles on a 2011 F150 and >55K miles on a 2012 Escape and what ever that calculates out to.

Cheers!

About $900 last year. One small sedan, one driver. Many days my only travel is to the gym (about 8 miles RT); a grocery store, the Post Office and the library are on the way so I can combine errands. I do a couple of road trips from the KC area to the Carolinas every year (family there) and visit DS and his family in Des Moines ever couple of months.

Last year was an anomaly for me, with moving 1500 miles away and making numerous cross-country trips. Most of those round trip in my motorhome and 1-3 vehicles along one-way. So probably spent $7K in fuel last year. The RV can take $300-400 depending on fuel costs to fill up when it is needing a fill. Although that full tank is good for 1000 miles or little more depending on how low I will push the fuel level.

I don't track fuel costs specific, just fill up when needed. Normal year driving including some RV trips I spend around $3-4K on fuel. One of the consequences of having old cars as hobby, I tend to drive a lot. Also none of my newer vehicles are small econobox cars. All trucks or SUVs, so my best mpg vehicle is around 20 mpg; most are in the 12-18 range.

$2589 in 2017 for just me. I live way out in the boondocks. That includes gas when I plow the roads out here and the old plow truck does not get great gas mileage.

We spent 625.17 cents for diesel in 2017. That is what a Good diesel car does for you. That is ALL gas for the one car e had last year. We live in Florida and there is no local transportation. Mileage was around 10k.

The car was a BMW 328d Average Fuel consumption as per the on board computer was 38mpg.

Sadly my new 330i gas is averaging about 24mpg so far this year.

Last edited:
Was going for the record... but guess I will have to settle for an honorable mention.

2017 numbers...

$1500 for auto fuel
$4000 for diesel fuel for the motorhome

$3837 for last year, on track for about $3200 this year. Traded out the Suburban for a RX350 so that is helping. This includes gas from two kids in college, but they don't drive that much.

I seem to spend a lot of money on gas each year. I'm not complaining about it I wouldn't have to spend that much but I do and I want to. LOL

So I run close to 2000 bucks a year in gas for my outfits. What do you figure you spend in fuel per year?

Thanks

$1500 maybe?

$2,069.34 for the last 12 months... that is a Subaru Outback 4-cyl year round (about 15k miles a year, including round trips to and from Florida) and a GMC Canyon for 1/2 the year (about 5k miles a year).

Actually, now that someone mentions it $2,069.34 is on the high side as it includes ~$100 of boat, jet-ski and lawn tractor gas that I don't bother to have a separate category for.

I tank you everyone for their input. I have been wondering what others spend because it seems like I really do spend a lot on gas for the trucks etc.. So it makes me feel like I'm not totally crazy for all the miles/gas I use.

I also know there will be a day when I won't be going as much because I can't so I am making up for it now. LOL

My vehicle choices are bike, feet, then car. My records show I have spent $117 on gas this year. Most of that is result of needing to drive to the nearest city for shopping and getting to an ice rink which is about a two hour round trip. Our in-town commutes (YMCA, many grocery shopping trips, doctor visits, etc are often on the bike/feet). Spent less than I expected - yahoo.

2017 totals for fuel were right at $1000 - 2 vehicles plus gas for mower.

I budget $1,200 a year but I don't really track the actuals closely so it may be a bit more or less than that amount. We also spend around $50 a month on BART fares, the local commuter train system.

Retirees here seem to drive a lot compare to us.

My cost for gasoline for the past 12 months was $430. Yep, that's it. Have 3 cars, but mostly we use just one, and we tend to run errands together unless I go to Home Depot, or my wife goes meet her friends.

The above does not include gas for the RV, which ran as high as $3500 in the past for a cross-country trip.

Here are my annual totals for gasoline, for each full year since I retired.

2010: $292
2011: $543
2012: $973
2013: $965
2014: $898
2015: $600
2016: $359
2017: $438

I live in an urban inner suburb, and everything I could possibly want or need is available within a mile or two from my home. I haven't driven more than 5-10 miles from home since 2012, when we evacuated for Hurricane Isaac.

Actually much of my driving mileage is due to pleasure drives within the suburb, that I do so that I don't lose my ability to drive.

$888 last year, which included several roadtrips. $430 the year before..

Back
Top Bottom