What exactly is a fish camp?

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Unclemick, would you care to explain in layman's terms? How 'bout a picture?

Not trying to be nosy, just like to daydream about my own eventual escape.

Cut-throat, you are making me drool. I haven't had time to regularly fish with a plain old spinning rod in recent years, let alone getting back into fly.

Take TH's picture - mentally place it 100% over water except for the front steps - give it 25 yrs of storm and tide weathering and you're close.

I have webtv and no scanner - so you're out of luck. Except for step daugher in spare room - may get her to try this weekend with her computer.

BTY - there's one five minutes walk from here - ran $600/wk in the late nineties - I rented for a week one summer during a 'relative invasion'. Slept six, plus 10-15 more over for a fish fry/crab boil.

About the same amenities as the ad - not quite as pretty as the picture TH found - but booked month's in advance and some weeks are never available - same people year after year.

Ours is not exactly a fish camp. except during my
annual fishing tournament each May. Picture something between the 2 photos Cut-Throat posted. Anyway,
one of my less diplomatic remarks was the time I told
my spouse "I've been in cleaner fish camps!" She didn't
like that, even though I am usually the primary housekeeper.

John Galt

There's danger in fish camps for normal people - not ER's of course - we've got a retired friend - same guys, same fish camp, same charter out to fish the off shore rigs for thirty years. It was always the poker game the night before - that could make or break the budget.

We have "pools" for first fish, most fish and biggest fish.
Everyone kicks in a buck before we go out. The poker game
takes place at the end of Day One. It is rare for the winner of the "pools" to also win at poker, although it has happened. Probably the most you could lose is
$20, even with poor fishing and bad cards.

John Galt

Cut-Throat, what kind of bait does one use...

... on a filet mignon?

Boy . . . that must make it difficult to mow. :)

Not at all. You simply run around the area in a small boat with an outboard motor on it.

Now edging is another matter...

Get real guys - you throw table scraps out the kitchen window - the tide swishes it around and the crabs do ALL the mowing and edging.

Everybody knows that - don't they?

Get real guys - you throw table scraps out the kitchen window - the tide swishes it around and the crabs do ALL the mowing and edging.

Everybody knows that - don't they?

hmmmm.... I always figured Grass Carp took care of the landscaping. :confused:

Bow-tie
Brackish water. Fresh water 'inlanders' use grass carp, fish for bass - have funny looking metal flake gel coat on their boats with high swivel chairs.

Of some of them are er ah switch hitters - fish salt and fresh water.

The camps look a lot alike though.

Back
Top Bottom