What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Fresh food! I got a free Amazon Prime trial for a month a few months ago and they offered me another trial so I took it.

I still haven't been off my block since early March, and for three or four months I haven't even been in the street. And I'm still OK with that for now. But in the days before things start opening up I may go to the supermarket and see what happens when I try to walk that far. When things open up (schools, gyms, etc.) it will get more dangerous.

Solar garden lights and soy spaghetti.

I bought solar garden lights years ago and they lost power fairly quickly. I hope new ones are better.

Solar garden lights and soy spaghetti.

I bought solar garden lights years ago and they lost power fairly quickly. I hope new ones are better.

Next time, try changing the rechargeable batteries that are located in each unit. It may be more expensive than buying new units, but the problem is cheap batteries in the first place.

Next time, try changing the rechargeable batteries that are located in each unit. It may be more expensive than buying new units, but the problem is cheap batteries in the first place.

I see. I ordered ones with an OK review, so I hope they last, but if the light becomes dim over time, I know what the problem is... Thanks Winemaker!

If you use those chlorine crystal biscuits in your tank to kill off whatever, they will also kill your plastic and rubber plumbing parts.
We don't use anything, but on that same subject, we have been in this house 26 years, the first 15 to 18 years we never had any rust in the bowl, after that it would showed a little rust. it is easily removed, but I have to wonder what changed. We have aways been on city water.

Fixed another outdoor shoe using Shoe Goo.

If I owned a shoe factory, I would think up a way to put the Shoo Goo folks out of business.

We don't use anything, but on that same subject, we have been in this house 26 years, the first 15 to 18 years we never had any rust in the bowl, after that it would showed a little rust. it is easily removed, but I have to wonder what changed. We have aways been on city water.

You may have a piece of galvanized pipe, commonly used before copper and plastic pipes, somewhere in your house. Sometimes galvanized nipples(small pieces of pipe) are/were used instead of the pretty chrome nipples under the commode. Eventually, they rust.

Another sneaky source of rust is the steel washers that are on the brass bolts that hold your tank onto your bowl. I used to work in a hardware store when I was a youngster drinking grape juice, and we sold the tank bolts with brass or steel washers. Those washers rust, too.

I don't know if this is true in your case but in times in the past municipal water services used to increase the amount of calcium carbonate in the water to raise the pH. Water, in order to give some thirst quenching satisfaction, is slightly acidic. In order to minimize the acidity, calcium carbonate is added, and it also coats the pipes on the inside. In older cities, the municipalities also count on this coating to prevent seepage and leaks in their main water lines. As in Detroit, switching water sources, or reducing the calcium carbonate, the slightly more acidic water, ate away at this "lining" and started leaching lead into the pipes. That lead to that big scandal there.

Last edited:
~$46 for a case of 6.... Needed 24...

71fAJv7tjmL._AC_UL320_.jpg

As the saying goes (sort of, anyway), if at first you don't succeed, buy, buy again.

I bought a digital caliper a few months ago. It measures fine but uses a cheap LR44 type battery that doesn't last long.

So, I ended up decided to upgrade to one that uses longer life CR2032 size batteries. Even more, bought a rechargeable button battery (LIR2032 size that matches a CR2032). In the picture, the plastic black thing is the button battery charger that recharges a battery via USB :).

Attachments

• caliper and charger.JPG
    caliper and charger.JPG
    389.8 KB · Views: 17
  • caliper with rechargable.JPG
    caliper with rechargable.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 15
An actual rubber 3/4" garden hose. I hate those vinyl hoses that in the cold get too stiff to handle or coil up, or uncoil once coiled up, that become an exercise in frustration to use. And the flow rate on a 3/4" hose is significantly higher than the normal 5/8" hoses. It is "catch as catch can" with the big box stores to find one there so I just order from Amazon. The only downside of course is that they are significantly more expensive than the vinyl hoses, about a dollar a foot. And worth it.

Random question, was sent the wrong type of tea from a warehouse deals offer and when I go to my order and click return, it says not eligible for refund. There is also no link for damaged, defective or wrong item. Anyone have any idea how to get a customer service link? Apparently all warehouse deal items are now not returnable but THEY SENT ME THE WRONG ITEM..:mad:

Random question, was sent the wrong type of tea from a warehouse deals offer and when I go to my order and click return, it says not eligible for refund. There is also no link for damaged, defective or wrong item. Anyone have any idea how to get a customer service link? Apparently all warehouse deal items are now not returnable but THEY SENT ME THE WRONG ITEM..:mad:

You will have to call them unfortunately. It's probably not returnable because it's a food item?

You will have to call them unfortunately. It's probably not returnable because it's a food item?

But they should at least give me my money or sent the thing I actually ordered...I'll see if I can find a chat link..

anyone want 240 green tea bags?

Since we are talking things buried deep at Amazon...
Is there a link to all the charges that have been made on your Amazon purchases?
Or receipts for orders?
I have one item I cancelled twice, Amazon said I would not be charged, but, then I recieved the item. (now I have two)
I want to see if I was charged for the one I cancelled.

EDIT: I just found the invoice and I was charged, I got on chat and they said they issued a refund to my CC and I would see it in 3 to 5 days.

Last edited:
In the spirit of Blow That Dough, I ordered a pair of slippers that I really didn't need. Not only that, but they are cute/stupid in a style that I have never had before, because, y'know, I'm a retired scientist and supposed to be all serious, right? Never into fun or silliness like slippers with bunnies or cats. :rolleyes:

The photo is attached, and here is the URL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F9BLH21/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$15.99 and they feel like I am wearing clouds on my feet... really nice. :D Frank's comment: "I like cats, too!"

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 107
In the spirit of Blow That Dough, I ordered a pair of slippers that I really didn't need. Not only that, but they are cute/stupid in a style that I have never had before, because, y'know, I'm a retired scientist and supposed to be all serious, right? Never into fun or silliness like slippers with bunnies or cats. :rolleyes:

The photo is attached, and here is the URL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F9BLH21/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$15.99 and they feel like I am wearing clouds on my feet... really nice. :D Frank's comment: "I like cats, too!"

How cute...love them. If I didn't need arch support in my slippers, I would order some.

Reactions: W2R
I got these for the young wife last Christmas. She likes them.

Attachments

• cat slippers.jpg
    cat slippers.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 58
I got these for the young wife last Christmas. She likes them.
:ROFLMAO: Very similar!

I am really enjoying mine this afternoon. They are great for lounging around, internet surfing, video game playing, doing laundry, and such low key activities around the house.

Back
Top Bottom