What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Funding towards Dan Ariely’s Kickstarter project recently processed through Amazon.

Greetings from Amazon Payments,
We wanted to let you know that we successfully completed a payment to SALTY Features for…

Dishonesty – A Documentary Feature Film
THE LIE PACK: • A digital download of the film when the film is finished • A special pill bottle of Cureall – the magic medication to cure every ailment

Last edited:
Some sky lanterns for summer fun with the kids. Will have to wait for some offshore winds.

I'm currently not buying anything from Amazon since they started charging sales tax in NC and also upped free shipping to orders $35 or more.

I'll get over it, I'm sure, but I'm still in a bit of a huff.

Hi from another NC'er. They don't charge sales tax on the items sold by third parties. And those items also come with free shipping many times.

A washlet bidet. The fitting hose fitting didn't fit. You'd think the manufacture could get this right. (Chinese brand & Chinese US contact) . They didn't believe me. I told them to go and try it for themselves- they did and they said it fits. I asked them if they tried the other end-nope they didn't. When it comes to fluids-Water, there are two things that are important-THERE is INNa and THERE is an OUTTa. Our USA toilets apparently are uniquely non standard to their US marketed product. I should have known this. My bad. :LOL::angel:

$5 worth of poker chips. I don't gamble - we use them as "earned" tokens for computer time for our boys. Physical chips seem to work better than the honor system. They earn chips/tokens by doing chores, getting good grades, etc... and can redeem them for time increments of computer time (assuming homework is complete).

We had smaller chips that all disappeared - so bright poker chips should work better.

A large format scanner for scanning conventional paper scrapbooks and converting them to digital books (I use Blurb to print them - beautiful!) and an Oontz XL bluetooth speaker to listen to content from our i-devices. Both ordered in February. Hmmm...uh oh....I feel the urge to shop.

Haven't started looking at buying non-perishable grocery type items there but several posts mentioned it so I may look into that.

A USB modem for the call filtering/blocking software that runs on one of my PC desktops.

3 wall cabinets and floor epoxy paint for the garage
Screws for my Kregg Jig kit
Levis 559
St. John's Worth capsules because I was told I haven't been upbeat lately...don't think the supplement is helping though lol

We are Primers: buy everything from Prime (toiletries, gifts, etc.). Last purchase was a 50 foot training lead for our pup, and eye drops.

Last thing I personally ordered was labelmaker tape. Kids order also, so there are more recent orders for grooming products and underwear. 90 orders placed in the last six months according to Amazon. 171 in 2013. Average of an order every two days. Sounds right. Prime customers for years.

I also recently bought a GPS recently through Amazon (from PC Nation). A factory refurbished nuvi unit containing both Europe and North America maps for $105! (It's discontinued, but a brand new one retails for $230 from Garmin). I bought this older unit because it has twice the battery life of the current model. I plan to use it as a pedestrian and public transport user in Europe and needed something slim and light (it's only 5 oz) to carry around in my purse.

Then I bought the Europe lifetime map upgrades through Amazon as they were $10 cheaper than buying identical product directly from Garmin.

Everything got registered, downloaded and worked. Had fun browsing Europe on the GPS (nice simulate mode) and marking some personal points of interest in the unit, including my brother's address.

Sorry to hear about the credit card compromise. I have one cc I only use on Amazon and it has never been compromised (fingers crossed).

Good to know. Even more important to have direction in another country.

It's good to see that I am almost caught up to the level of dogs in technological prowess.
I think it is great that dogs are using gps and will no longer get lost.

batteries for my 3 VTech Phones.... Walmart $12.99 each,
Amazon 3/$10.69 plus $4.50 S&H

Just thought this might be fun for those of us who occasionally succumb to the allure of consumerism... :D
You could hardly call my most recent Amazon purchase a subjugation to the temptations of consumerism, as it was 2 spare batteries for my camera and a 40lb box of cat litter. I needed to find something extra to buy so that the shipping on the batteries was free. I found that cat litter cost about the same as it does in the store, and it saves me from carrying it back home on my bicycle, so I ordered it.

Batteries and cat litter doesn't sound too lavish does it? :D

How do they make any money with the shipping cost of 40 lbs of cat litter? Good grief!

Does Amazon carry bricks, cinder blocks, gravel, and mortar too? I should start ordering them so I do not have to lug them home from Home Depot.

The Original MuckBoots Daily Garden Shoe

But, sadly, these are not like the original pair I bought about 15 years ago that finally cracked beyond repair. This version is much too thick and heavy. I returned them.

I love Amazon, you can get almost anything there, and their customer service is great.

We found the dry dog food mine eat. It was one dollar more than the store and delivered free. They were 40lb bags.

I don't know. Was it fancy cat litter?
Heh! Funny you mention that, because I had new pedals installed on my bicycle a couple of days ago. While at the bike shop, I was thinking how wonderful it is to own only a bicycle for transport, as even a major overhaul costs peanuts compared to major work on an automobile. The bike guy was showing me the various pedals. The cheapie plastic ones cost $27 a pair installed, and the well-made metal ones with sealed bearings were a whopping $45 installed (including tax).

I went for the $45 ones. I love the kind of luxury I can afford!

The cat litter? Well, it was the regular old Arm & Hammer stuff :)

How do they make any money with the shipping cost of 40 lbs of cat litter? Good grief!
I was wondering the same thing too, but after ordering the cat litter from Amazon, I discovered there was a promotion on, and it was even cheaper in brick and mortar stores that particular week. Mind you, when I'm already getting a good deal, I don't get bent out of shape if I find that I could have saved a bit more somewhere else. There's frugal, and there's the kind of nickel-and-diming that isn't good for the soul.

Does Amazon carry bricks, cinder blocks, gravel, and mortar too? I should start ordering them so I do not have to lug them home from Home Depot.
Makes you wonder doesn't it? :LOL:

We found the dry dog food mine eat. It was one dollar more than the store and delivered free. They were 40lb bags.
Fantastic. Why haul it from the store when you can have someone haul it for you for just one dollar extra?

Back
Top Bottom