What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Was awaiting a 24 pack cans of cat food but got an email saying item was damaged and won't be delivered. How the heck do you damage cans of cat food? So what if the box or cans are a bit dented :facepalm:.

Maybe the package was hijacked by a cat burglar?

Was awaiting a 24 pack cans of cat food but got an email saying item was damaged and won't be delivered. How the heck do you damage cans of cat food? So what if the box or cans are a bit dented :facepalm:.

Run over by a forklift?

I don't know you or your habits but I find the $99 for Prime to be a sensational deal. I haven't paid for a book, music/movie/tv show download, or shipping in years other than that annual fee. Amazon Video is what convinced me to cut the cord. For me, it's a real bargain.

My internet speed is the slowest offered by Comcast, so streaming movies/TV doesn't exactly thrill me. In addition, as I understand it not all Amazon video is free even with Prime.

I don't listen much to popular music. My taste runs to Broadway showtunes so I am not sure how much Prime helps with that.

I don't buy that many books.

In addition, as I understand it not all Amazon video is free even with Prime.

That is correct not all are free with Prime. But enough are free that the $99/year is worth it to me. I don't buy enough small purchases to make Prime worth it standing alone as most of my purchases would qualify for free shipping anyway.

That is correct not all are free with Prime. But enough are free that the $99/year is worth it to me. I don't buy enough small purchases to make Prime worth it standing alone as most of my purchases would qualify for free shipping anyway.

I have Prime and use it extensively for purchases of all sizes. A trip to town is long and slow. I have to use satellite internet so streaming any more than an occasional You Tube video is out of the question. I sure wish I could stream movies and music!

I'll take a guess.

Small parcel companies don't use forklifts so it's not that (chutes, slides, conveyors, hands move parcels). If they were dented they would have delivered them. If the case was missing one or two they would have re-packed the remaining and delivered with a note advising you that the shipper would soon be replacing the missing cans. So...my guess is the box or shrink wrapped cans came open along a conveyor belt/slide system (that could be as long as several football fields) and the box with the label or shrink wrap and label were all that remained when it reached a human.

I bought light bulbs and shoes that were delivered today.

EZ-Squeeze Jello Shot Cups. Would not have known such a thing existed without Amazon! Jello shots have become our "signature dish" to bring to social gatherings :)

One of my favorite (not last) purchases was a set of replacement spouts for my gas cans. Now I can pour fuel into my lawnmower without all the gurgling and splashback those new "safety" spouts produce! You can't buy these things locally.

Another was a bag of gluten for use in my bread maker. Stores have shelves full of gluten-free products, but you can't usually buy gluten, even though only a tiny fraction of the population has Celiac Disease.

I've been a Prime member for years. DW loves the streaming stuff, but I mostly just order products. They cost less than what I'd pay in the store, and I can have them delivered before I'd get around to driving there anyway.

I don't use the smart phone app as much as I should. You can use it to order things the minute you notice that you'll need them, and you don't have to remember to pick them up at the store. Or remember to add them to your shopping list so you don't forget to pick them up at the store, as the case may be.

You do have to know your prices. Some things are still cheaper to pick up locally. The reviews help ease the question of quality, and the customer Q&As help with the issue of not being able to see and hold the product before buying.

I subscribed less than a year ago. I too wondered if I would get enough out of it as most of my purchases qualified for free shipping. But 2 day delivery is nice as I had to wait a week or more on some shipments w/o Prime. Video and music streaming made the purchase reasonable to me. I dropped Netflix as there is just so much I can watch. Prime, Vue and OTA tv is more than enough.

I would not necessarily say "free". I am a heavy Prime user, but just because it says free shipping doesn't mean this is the cheapest route. This "free" shipping is typically just built into the item price.

Other than finding the same item cheaper outside of Amazon (with separate shipping), I have also found the exact item cheaper on Amazon (other sellers) with separate shipping.

Make sure your "total cost" is the best choice before just assuming shipping is "free" and its the best deal. You may be like me, though, and understand this and still use Prime anyway for the convenience and fast turn-around.

A Jerky Gun!

I've made jerky for years, but I've always used flank steak. Recently learned about using ground beef with a gadget like this, and had to try it. You get very lean beef (I used 90% lean ground sirloin) and mix it with your spices and a bit of cure. Recipes abound on the net.

Stuff it in the gun (just like a caulking gun) and press out flat strips at the length you prefer.

Dry them in the dehydrator (you do have one, don't you?). If you don't have one, there are instructions with the gun for doing it in an ordinary oven. Finish with about 20 minutes in a 250°F oven.

Just finished my first batch, and it's wonderful. Even DW likes it. No danger of pulling your fillings out when you bite a chunk off, and otherwise just like any regular jerky. I'll be doing this a lot.

https://www.amazon.com/LEM-555-Products-Jerky-Gun/dp/B002L80J78/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1483746374&sr=1-2&keywords=jerky+gun

Attachments

• jerky.jpg
    jerky.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 21
Braumeister, thanks for posting that! I put it on my wish list. I had no idea such a thing even existed.

Today's order was TurboTax, Yaktrax Pro traction cleats, and the book The Undoing Project by Michael Lewis.

I would not necessarily say "free". I am a heavy Prime user, but just because it says free shipping doesn't mean this is the cheapest route. This "free" shipping is typically just built into the item price.

Other than finding the same item cheaper outside of Amazon (with separate shipping), I have also found the exact item cheaper on Amazon (other sellers) with separate shipping.

Make sure your "total cost" is the best choice before just assuming shipping is "free" and its the best deal. You may be like me, though, and understand this and still use Prime anyway for the convenience and fast turn-around.

I buy almost exclusively Prime and always "fulfilled by Amazon". If I don't, it may get shipped via USPS which means it will be returned to sender. There is no easy way to contact a vendor associated with Amazon in order to verify/change the shipment method. That is an issue that requires a narrow selection of Amazon products. For me it is still very much worth it.

A Jerky Gun!

I've made jerky for years, but I've always used flank steak. Recently learned about using ground beef with a gadget like this, and had to try it. You get very lean beef (I used 90% lean ground sirloin) and mix it with your spices and a bit of cure. Recipes abound on the net.

Stuff it in the gun (just like a caulking gun) and press out flat strips at the length you prefer.

Dry them in the dehydrator (you do have one, don't you?). If you don't have one, there are instructions with the gun for doing it in an ordinary oven. Finish with about 20 minutes in a 250°F oven.

Just finished my first batch, and it's wonderful. Even DW likes it. No danger of pulling your fillings out when you bite a chunk off, and otherwise just like any regular jerky. I'll be doing this a lot.

https://www.amazon.com/LEM-555-Prod...UTF8&qid=1483746374&sr=1-2&keywords=jerky+gun

Amazing! Like Walt, I'd never even fathomed such a product. I might have to get this.

A Jerky Gun!

https://www.amazon.com/LEM-555-Prod...UTF8&qid=1483746374&sr=1-2&keywords=jerky+gun

I've had a similar one for about 10 years. My favorite way of making jerky.

I don't yet know what the last thing we ordered from Amazon will be, but the latest thing was jeans, socks and a T-shirt.

Last edited:

I picked this up about 2 months ago as part of my never ending quest to create the perfect carry-on kit. It's probably my favorite "pillow" yet. Not quite perfect, but a huge improvement over a U-shaped pillow. The two changes that would make it perfect for me is if the bend in the neck piece were adjustable, and if it straightened out so that it could be packed flat.

A better mouse trap! These are much better than the old ones we have always used. Easy to set and easy to empty.

Snap-E Mouse Trap-6 Pack

I signed up for a cheaper cell phone service, and as part of the deal, I got a free phone. So, I needed an appropriately cheap case for my free phone. This one was cheap and they threw in a screen protector.

Back
Top Bottom