What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

For the second time the stuff I ordered was delivered the next day! Impressive.

Just ordered myself a decent car battery tester figuring since my battery is probably the original (bought car used) and is about 5 or 6 years old, might be a good idea to actually have a good idea of the battery's condition :).

Attachments

• tester.jpg
    tester.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 29
That's probably a very good idea. One of the things I like about the place I take my car for oil changes is that they always check the battery, tire tread and brakes at no extra charge. They even give me a report showing the parameters for each of those. Great service!

That's probably a very good idea. One of the things I like about the place I take my car for oil changes is that they always check the battery, tire tread and brakes at no extra charge. They even give me a report showing the parameters for each of those. Great service!

This is kind of an impulse buy as I was getting rid of an old cigarette lighter battery/alternator tester which I didn't like when I found an earlier model than this one at Amazon. But from looking closer at Amazon and youtube, this one I really like. It can test not only battery but alternator and gives battery percent of charge, percent of life. A new gadget :).

Electric popcorn popper (not hot air), dog treats, people vitamins, all Prime, all Amazon fulfilled. I'm told to expect them in 4, 3, and 2 days, respectively. Yeah, I know, but still.

Plan D

Was awaiting a 24 pack cans of cat food but got an email saying item was damaged and won't be delivered. How the heck do you damage cans of cat food? So what if the box or cans are a bit dented :facepalm:.

So... do they offer a scratch-and-dent discount on this comestible?

Just asking, in case my FIRE strategy doesn't quite work out...

So... do they offer a scratch-and-dent discount on this comestible?

Just asking, in case my FIRE strategy doesn't quite work out...

I have no clue. They did automatically issue a refund as the package was never delivered to me.

Those of you who ordered Amazon Echoes for Christmas might want to make sure it's far away from your televisions. TV anchor says live on-air Alexa, order me a dollhouse – guess what happens next

During that story's segment, a CW-6 news presenter remarked: "I love the little girl, saying 'Alexa ordered me a dollhouse'."

That, apparently, was enough to set off Alexa-powered Echo boxes around San Diego on their own shopping sprees. The California station admitted plenty of viewers complained that the TV broadcast caused their voice-controlled personal assistants to try to place orders for dollhouses on Amazon.

We'll take this opportunity to point out that voice-command purchasing is enabled by default on Alexa devices.

... I was getting rid of an old cigarette lighter battery/alternator tester...

And here I was, trying to picture a cigarette lighter that doubles as a battery/alternator tester. Or a battery for a cigarette lighter that doubles as an alternator tester. Maybe I have too much time on my hands in retirement. ;)

Getting back to the topic, as a follow-up to my wife's recent bout with pneumonia, I found that not only can you buy one of those oxygen and pulse meters that clamps on a finger, but there are dozens of models, starting at around $15, including batteries and lanyard.

It would appear the lanyard is a critical component. I guess these are all the rage for exercise buffs. Seems sort of dangerous having this thing swinging around on a lanyard while you run, but I sure wouldn't know.

Anyway, it's pretty handy to have, and for under $20 I consider it one of our better purchases. Right up there with the jello shot cups.

Those of you who ordered Amazon Echoes for Christmas might want to make sure it's far away from your televisions. TV anchor says live on-air Alexa, order me a dollhouse – guess what happens next
I was going to come here and joke that my great niece ordered herself a dollhouse. Too late!

I watched a different TV description of the incident, and the anchor intentionally starts yelling out orders at the end of the segment. "Alexa! Buy me a Lexis!" Etc. Wonder how that went over.

For me, the last thing I ordered was a replacement shaving foil for an electric razor.

Patio Bistro gas grill.

No, I haven't crossed over to the dark side - :)

Still have the big green egg and 2 charcoal hibachis. This is just an easy option and I made a spot for it by tossing the propane camp stove inna trash. Also ordered a Lodge 14 inch cast iron "pizza pan" and a 17.5 inch weber charcoal grate. I would miss not being able to blacken fish outside on the camp stove, so the grate will replace the SS "infrared" grill thingy on the gas grill and the pizza pan will sit on that and blackened catfish will still be on my menu.

1.Six boxes of Betty Crocker's gluten free Devil's Food cake mix. I've bought these before in grocery store but they are rarely in stock. Six will last quite a while!

2. Books: When Skies are Grey:An Adventure Through Cryonic Suspension, The Nearest Exit, The Tourist

3. Bonico A541 Anti-Mineral pads, 6-pack. This is for the room humidifier.

A cute cheap cover for my iphone. It broke within ten minutes :).
Sink drainers/protectors for the kitchen.
Dog food.
Fingerless gloves printed with segments from a Jane Austen novel for a young friend.

New stainless bathroom faucets to replace our outdated brass ones. Putting our house on the market next month and have bought new door knobs, hinges, and drawer pulls on Amazon for less than the big box stores with no sales tax and it's all delivered right to my front door. I love online/Amazon shopping!

New hubcap for my car. Matches the original, except for the logo, which will be a blank space. Which is fine with me. $10.95 with free shipping. Versus $80 for a replacement hubcap from the dealership.

A cute cheap cover for my iphone. It broke within ten minutes :).
Sink drainers/protectors for the kitchen.
Dog food.
Fingerless gloves printed with segments from a Jane Austen novel for a young friend.

I've always wanted to order dog food via Amazon but the shipping cost (either separate of "in" the price if it's Prime) has always made the total delivered cost too much more than the local store (including tax). Do you have a very small dog and are thus ordering small bags? I typically am getting the largest size -- 35+ lbs.

Ordered a Spanish brand Magefesa tortilla maker using a gift card from Xmas. I'm ready to recreate those awesome egg and potato tortillas we enjoyed in Barcelona. If it were just us, I'd make do with a pan and a plate. But brother giving us an Amazon gift card, decided to "go all out". I also like to make frittatas.

I signed up for a cheaper cell phone service, and as part of the deal, I got a free phone. So, I needed an appropriately cheap case for my free phone. This one was cheap and they threw in a screen protector.

I ordered this on January 6th, and the stated delivery date is January 12-18. So far, all that tracking tells me is that it arrived at a DHL facility. That took six days, and apparently it hasn't budged since then. I presume it must be coming from China or something. Serves me right for ordering something with free shipping that is not Amazon Prime.

Anyway, it has been so long that they aren't even offering this color any more (not that I care!). I have had my phone for several days by now and it is great. I am carrying it around in a pocket in my purse, otherwise unprotected, and hoping for the best. Not thrilled with the length of time that I am having to wait for the case. Also I hope the case doesn't break within 10 minutes like BestWifeEver's did.

Bob's spelt flakes. Oatmeal does not agree with my tummy, so when I make grainola I use the spelt flakes in place of most of the oatmeal. Works for me.

Oh, you gotta poach the potatoes in olive oil first. Totally decadent!

Is it too late to do it now?...if so I'll try that next time...thanks!

I've always wanted to order dog food via Amazon but the shipping cost (either separate of "in" the price if it's Prime) has always made the total delivered cost too much more than the local store (including tax). Do you have a very small dog and are thus ordering small bags? I typically am getting the largest size -- 35+ lbs.

We do have a small dog--15 lbs on her heaviest day, soaking wet--and just got the 11 lb bag of Blue Grainfree Chicken Small Breeds, $28.99 plus tax, shipping free with Prime. She takes five or so weeks to go through a bag. It's $34.99 plus tax at my Petsmart (I just checked and although Petsmart has a $5 discount right now on this item if I were to order it online, so still more expensive and shipping would be extra for purchases less than $39).

Back
Top Bottom