What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Ordered an Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet. Dropped my Samsung 10 inch tablet on the tile kitchen floor and the cover failed to protect the screen. Realized 95% of the time I used it as a reader so saw no reason to pay $200+ for a replacement when Amazon sells the 8 inch Fire tablet for $90.

Ordered an Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet. Dropped my Samsung 10 inch tablet on the tile kitchen floor and the cover failed to protect the screen. Realized 95% of the time I used it as a reader so saw no reason to pay $200+ for a replacement when Amazon sells the 8 inch Fire tablet for $90.
Ouch. Was the cover for fall protection or just screen?

A fountain pen in a gift case.
ref=pe_386430_30332290_TE_3p_dp_1

A impulsive buy. Cursive writing with pens with a nib is scarce. I like the result.

Trailer hitch, wiring kit and roof rack for the new SUV. Much cheaper than the dealer.

Wow..I've seen printers that don't cost much more than that. :D

Inkjet printers are a dime a dozen, until you get socked by cartridge replacements.

The one I'm gonna fix is an old Samsung multi-function laser. Old reliable except the jamming. My choice was to fix or buy new. I figure one can of that rubber stuff can last a long long time.

Last edited:
Inkjet printers are a dime a dozen, until you get socked by cartridge replacements.

The one I'm gonna fix is an old Samsung multi-function laser. Old reliable except the jamming. My choice was to fix or buy new. I figure one bottle of that rubber stuff can last a long long time.

I hear ya....it was just that I clicked on the link and went "whoa"...wasn't expecting it to be that price.

I hear ya....it was just that I clicked on the link and went "whoa"...wasn't expecting it to be that price.

I never heard about such a thing before til I looked at the youtube video.

I miss my old simple printer (that I donated away) by Samsung that worked kind of like those old Apple Stylewriters with the paper load and at angle on the top. That printer rarely jammed, I think with the help of gravity on the loading.

I never heard about such a thing before til I looked at the youtube video.

I'd never heard of it until you told us - we do very little printing, but when we do, jamming is a real PITA.

I'd never heard of it until you told us - we do very little printing, but when we do, jamming is a real PITA.

I still like a paper copy of my taxes and plan on fixing the jamming before printing out and not having to put up with a jam every five pages :).

Received my Highlander trailer hitch and knew it was the wrong one as soon as I tried to lift the box - it was a super heavy duty model for a Silverado.

The good news is that Amazon cheerfully agreed to send a new one right away. The bad news is that I had to print a return label and drag the beast to the UPS store or stay home all day to be here when UPS picked it up. Ended up literally dragging it to the car, then into the shipping depot.

Hope the next one is correct. :blush:

I ordered a pair of magnifying glasses. Years ago I wanted to learn to work on pocket watches-I have a collection. But my unsteady hand and impatience kept me from progressing. Now that I am retired, and have given up the stress associated with both coffee and work, I will try to return to the hobby, and start using the expensive watch repair equipment that I purchased 10 years ago.....along with my new high powered loupe.......

Ordered a couple of CDs and an air fryer. Some friends bought an air fryer and I have been quite impressed with the way it works. I am trying to cut down on oil and fat in my diet.

Bought a recumbent exercise bike. It arrived today. DH and I assembled it in about 30 minutes. Looking forward to using it!

I can't speak to the longevity or durability of this device but the spark that it generated zapping a stink bug was impressive. Might be a keeper!

A fly met sparky last light. I am puzzled though how a fly got in my place 1st day of Feb.

And got past the Venus Fly Trap?

-ERD50

No fly trap. The Executioner racket zapper I got from Amazon last summer. I was watching TV and first thought the buzzing noise was part of the tv program, then realized when I turned the TV off, there was a fly buzzing around the ceiling light.

No fly trap. The Executioner racket zapper I got from Amazon last summer. I was watching TV and first thought the buzzing noise was part of the tv program, then realized when I turned the TV off, there was a fly buzzing around the ceiling light.

Oh, that's not a Venus Fly Trap in your avatar? I figured you were a collector?

-ERD50

Oh, that's not a Venus Fly Trap in your avatar? I figured you were a collector?

-ERD50

That is a Venus Fly Trap in my avatar. Collecting flies? No

Back
Top Bottom