What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Chuckanut I highly recommend this for large areas:

8f08db69-f542-4824-8e1c-57c541378f2a_1000.jpg

We got a similar one from Home Depot, 15", it cut the time to do our deck in half.

Last edited:
dental floss, i paid over 4000 dollars for this implant, its the worst tooth i have, so i use this special floss, they want and i have paid almost 5 bucks in the local drug store, got 6 of them free shipping, 15 bucks ,

LED bulbs for auto interior lights. Second vehicle I've done them on. Having white light instead of yellow inside the car makes a huge difference.

ordered an air filter for the lawn mower. cost-$6. elected to go with the slower 5-7 day delivery and got a $5 credit. net cost- $1.

LED bulbs for auto interior lights. Second vehicle I've done them on. Having white light instead of yellow inside the car makes a huge difference.

dental floss, i paid over 4000 dollars for this implant, its the worst tooth i have, so i use this special floss, they want and i have paid almost 5 bucks in the local drug store, got 6 of them free shipping, 15 bucks ,

Links? Might be helpful if others want to check these out. I do.

-ERD50

More blue ray Concert DVDs from a few of my husband's favorite musicians so he can test the surrounding sound. He is deciding whether to add surrounding sound speakers to better improve his music listening experience.

Sonos PlayBase speaker for my bonus room. Will combine with rear speakers to upgrade my "Movie Room" sound experience.

Originally Posted by FlaGator

Links? Might be helpful if others want to check these out. I do.

-ERD50

These fit all the interior lights on the prior generation Honda Pilot, except the front seat overhead map lights. Also work for all interior lights on late model Accords. Amazon has a good fitment guide.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017VORB7M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tried other brands, but have had good luck with Philips LEDs in the car and house. Spent about $70 converting the Pilot and >$40 on an Accord coupe (including the door courtesy lights and cargo/trunk areas of both). Not driving as much at night now as when I converted the Pilot, but sure like the brighter, white light.

What's the brand?

A gallon of concrete sealer to re-finish the front walkway. The original coating is about 15 years old and I don't recall if it's water-based or solvent-based, so I found one that is purported to work on either.

Bulwark Fire-Resistant Coveralls. Orange. (Looks a lot like a prison jumpsuit.)

It's a work thing.

A USB oscilloscope:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GZMRZ3M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gave away my huge/heavy Tektronixs decades ago when it broke down, to a co-worker who was going to try to fix it. Since then, I wish I had one every once in a while, but couldn't justify another box taking up room on a shelf when I might use it a couple times a year or something.

I had previously looked for a USB scope, figuring a laptop has the screen and power for this, so all I would need would be the "front end" amplifier and sampler. But the reviews of the affordable units were pretty poor, plus I wanted Linux support, and that limited me a little more.

I don't now if I missed this one before, but I recently came across some positive reviews for it. You can download the software from their site, and try it in a demo mode. I was impressed. It's the same software they provide with their much more expensive scopes. So I bought this entry-level 2204A version, limited to 10 MHz, but that's OK for what I do. Played with it the last two days a little, am very impressed with everything. Has a built in Waveform Generator, you can even create your own arbitrary waveforms, or 'pull' them from a wave you captured on the screen. Convenient to save the set up and screen capture to a file, or do a screen grab to document your work. Here's an example of the switching power supply on a cheap solar garden light. These now have a little 4-pin IC (like a one-leg-wider plastic transistor package), with just the solar cell, AA rechargeable, the LED and a single inductor - does it all. So now I know, the switching frequency is ~ 275 KHz.

I just might build a DC-coupled amplifier for the wave generator, you can program the offset, so I could use it as a programmable power supply, which might be handy for some projects. Might be convenient to us that to ramp the voltage while I capture a waveform to characterize a device.

-ERD50

Attachments

• 20170427-0002.png
    20170427-0002.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
IMG_2168.JPG

We got another top entry cat box (they are wonderful), because we brought in a feral cat and we are trying to tame him. So far, so good. He's living in a bedroom while we work with him.

Chuckanut I highly recommend this for large areas:

8f08db69-f542-4824-8e1c-57c541378f2a_1000.jpg

We got a similar one from Home Depot, 15", it cut the time to do our deck in half.
+1
Not only faster but cleaner. The deep mud in the garage never came clean before. Also you can clean up to the edge of finished areas.

Belkin switch. These things are great for stuff like a George Foreman grill without an on/off switch.

Attachments

• belkin switch.jpg
    belkin switch.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 15
A Baratza Virtuoso coffee grinder. Replaces my ancient whirly blade grinder. I have wanted a good coffee grinder for a long time and must say it is worth the price. And, I got free same-day delivery! Instant gratification. :) I use the French Press method of brewing.

Last edited:
Note: The following is off topic, but only slightly. If the Mods feel it should be moved, please do so.
A few years ago Amazon proudly offered free shipping on orders over $25. Then this threshold was bumped up to $35. Then to $50. Last week when I ordered something the "free shipping" required level was up to $75.
This makes it harder for those of us who save smaller, less urgently needed items to flesh out later orders.

Note: The following is off topic, but only slightly. If the Mods feel it should be moved, please do so.
A few years ago Amazon proudly offered free shipping on orders over $25. Then this threshold was bumped up to $35. Then to $50. Last week when I ordered something the "free shipping" required level was up to $75.
This makes it harder for those of us who save smaller, less urgently needed items to flesh out later orders.

I recall the increase threshold from $25 to $35, never saw the other levels, and I order pretty regularly. Two orders this past week that I padded with things on my "wish list" to get over $35. I just checked, put a dummy item in the cart and:

Cart subtotal (1 item): $8.41
To qualify for FREE Shipping, add $26.59 of eligible items. Details

Still looks like $35 to me. Did you do something to upset Jeff Bezos?

Or maybe the shipping charges were not Amazon's, but a 3rd party vendor?

-ERD50

do those minimums for free shipping apply if you have Amazon Prime. I have it, and it seems sometimes I have to hang on to a desired item until my cart reaches a certain amount, and other times I do not.
I admit I haven't figured it out.

If you buy something that has the Prime symbol on it, there is no shipping charge. Plus, we enjoy watching shows on Amazon Prime, so for us it's worth it.

I had always resisted going Prime, being of a frugal nature. But my son recently put me on his Prime account. A Prime member is allowed to share their account with one other person....does not need to be a family member.

Now, I am really enjoying the many benefits of Prime! Music and more, and the original content shows are surprisingly excellent. I told my son when it is time to renew I will share the cost with him, thus making it much more affordable for us both. If you choose to share it needs to be someone you trust, as you will have access to each other's payment methods (credit cards visible).

I ordered 5 pair of shoes (I need two pair) for my son's wedding. They were $303. I didn't like any of them for different reasons and took them to work with me today (UPS) and returned them. I scanned them at 3:30 pm and they were going back to a return center in Illinois. When I got home tonight at 11:45 pm I had an email (from 10 pm) saying they had issued a refund.

Amazing because they haven't even gotten the box back yet. 10 pm would have been when they they secured the trailer and pulled from the building and the package was officially 'in transit'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom