What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't take long to get another....

Health insurance rules!!!! (big surprise here :facepalm:)

Went to pick up some pills for DW after dental surgery... giving her antibiotics since her last bone graft did not take... a total of 30 to be taken....

BUT, insurance limits that number to 20 per order!!! REALLY? Like we are trying to corner the market on antibiotics? SOOOO, in a few days we have to reorder to get the remaining 10 pills.... and also make another copay....

BUT, insurance limits that number to 20 per order!!! REALLY? Like we are trying to corner the market on antibiotics? SOOOO, in a few days we have to reorder to get the remaining 10 pills.... and also make another copay....

REALLY bad policy. I wonder how many people living paycheck-to-paycheck just don't pick up the last 10 because they're feeling better and want to save the second copay and then the infection returns but is resistant to the previous antibiotic.:nonono:

Online recipes- I realize the abundance of free online cooking recipes is a wonderful thing, but with so many of them, getting to the recipe is torture.
First the person posting rambles on with some irrelevant, self-indulgent discursive text about them, their relationship with the food or maybe not- a Rachel Maddow-like meandering reflection punctuated by not helpful photos. Finally at the end you get the actual recipe or even worse a link to the actual recipe.

That recipe thing gets me too but, on reflection, it is free and google invited me, not the website owner (or did they?).

But I have a suggestion about the speaker phone in the commons. Since it is in the commons, why move to the phone guy's common table and tell him you can hear better from close up. Then proceed to talk respond to his friend on the line before he can.

Today I am peeved at the contractor employed by the USPS to deliver to our mountain house. I am expecting a shipment (contact lenses), so this morning checked my order status/package tracking. The tracking status says”delivered in your mailbox on Tuesday at 11:24 am”. I walk down to the cluster boxes. Nothing in my box. No package, no key to the package locker, no notice that the package was too large and is being held at the P.O. (unlikely for a box of contact lenses). Come home, check the porch to make sure the carrier didn’t deliver there. Nope, not on my porch.

Call the local post office to inquire the whereabouts of my package. “Oh, yeah. I’m bringing that up to you today”.

Don’t log the package as delivered before the delivery is made!

Today I am peeved at the contractor employed by the USPS to deliver to our mountain house. I am expecting a shipment (contact lenses), so this morning checked my order status/package tracking. The tracking status says”delivered in your mailbox on Tuesday at 11:24 am”. I walk down to the cluster boxes. Nothing in my box. No package, no key to the package locker, no notice that the package was too large and is being held at the P.O. (unlikely for a box of contact lenses). Come home, check the porch to make sure the carrier didn’t deliver there. Nope, not on my porch.

Call the local post office to inquire the whereabouts of my package. “Oh, yeah. I’m bringing that up to you today”.

Don’t log the package as delivered before the delivery is made!

But they met their on time delivery requirement.... it is there on the computer :facepalm:

Edit - moved to "Rant" topic!

Last edited:
Peeved at how some websites purposely make certain updates difficult.

Recently, I put my insurance documents on paperless. Decided that wasn't right for me so tried changing back. I expected the change in a simple preferences setting. Instead had to dig around the insurance company's website. Only when stumbling on the option by accident did I find how to opt out of the paperless setting.

Gas station windshield washing liquid that is just dirty water.

Gas station windshield washing liquid that is just dirty water.

That's the stuff they put out for the EV owners! The rest of us that actually buy gas at the station get the 'virgin' windshield washing liquid. ;)

-ERD50

Finally, a safe location to mention this peeve, and that is that neighbors on my street of historic rowhouses will put their yard waste/trash next to the tree in front of my house, as if my tree has some sort of magical powers. And then I have to look at it, and when the city happens to miss picking it up (which is often) it makes me look like the messy homeowner.

Those annoying videos that show up in the corner when accessing certain articles and websites.

I HATE those!! If I WANT to click on a **** video I'm quite capable of doing so myself.

...and smells like fermented bug guts.

This opens the door to so many questions. What kind of bug? What happens after they ferment? Can you drink it? How did you come to know this specific aroma? Can it be bottled?

Winemaker; You do know that some fermented bug parts/guts end up in just about all fruit/grain beverages said:
They can be sold as protein supplements!

Finally, a safe location to mention this peeve, and that is that neighbors on my street of historic rowhouses will put their yard waste/trash next to the tree in front of my house, as if my tree has some sort of magical powers. And then I have to look at it, and when the city happens to miss picking it up (which is often) it makes me look like the messy homeowner.
We live in bear county and we all have bear proof lids on our trash. Some genius put bags of trash on top of their bear proof lids. A bag of it's all tore up next to my house!

Surprisingly they do it every couple of weeks.

The inability of 67.2% of the population to correctly spell "lose" or "loser" on internet message boards. (they use "loose" and "looser"). Drives me nuts!

The inability of 67.2% of the population to correctly spell "lose" or "loser" on internet message boards. (they use "loose" and "looser"). Drives me nuts!
I struggled with this until I came up with a catch phrase (I want the knot in my noose to be loose!).

-ERD50

People who want their groceries rung up in separate orders. I was behind two women at Costco today and they actually split it into 3 orders: Woman #1, Woman #2 (likely not a member, using Woman #1's card), and then a giant box of K-cups of coffee to be rung up separately because she was buying it for her office. I guess it's too much for the bean counters to look for the coffee in a receipt that contains anything else, then calculate the sales tax.

Fortunately, Costco's staff are pretty efficient so the delay wasn't too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom