What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who criticize people with handicap stickers . How do they know who is handicapped and who is not ? Lot's of people have handicaps that are not visible and have to deal with jerks who glare or make remarks or even leave notes. Seriously just thank God you are able and move on.

People who criticize people with handicap stickers . How do they know who is handicapped and who is not ? Lot's of people have handicaps that are not visible and have to deal with jerks who glare or make remarks or even leave notes. Seriously just thank God you are able and move on.

I just wish with my bad back and heart disease I could get one. When I see someone get out of a sports cars and jog into a store, I suspect they are using one intended for another family member.
I do get frustrated when we can’t find a handicapped parking spot when with my nephew, who is wheelchair bound with spina bifida and only has one leg. He’s also waiting for a kidney transplant.

Warehouse stores. I'm quickly coming to the realisation that any thing i save is not worth The aggravation of going to one. BJs is horrible.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but my pet peeve is Consumer Cellular.

They tout their great customer service, but right now they are jerking me around and it is p***ing me off.

I won't bore you with the details of how I spent a frustrating hour plus with them on the phone yesterday, or how they then reneged on what they said they would do. I tried calling today to see if I could get a manager to intervene, but "due to heavy call volumes" I was not willing to wait 20+ minutes just to get back on the phone with them.

I was able to "schedule" a call Monday morning. I'll have cooled off by then and hope that a human being can intervene and not simply keep insisting "That's the way our system works. There's nothing I can do." :mad:

I agree. Also for me this pet peeve extends even further. It seems like some people have little or no empathy for others in different situations from their own. We all have problems and obstacles to overcome, and some people face obstacles that are so difficult (like the handicapped person who needs that parking spot and then gets a nasty note for using it, adding more to their already tough burden that day).

When we were kids, people talked about not criticizing someone until we had "walked a mile in his moccasins". I don't hear that phrase as much any more as I once did.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but my pet peeve is Consumer Cellular.

Oh no! Say it ain't so. Consumer Cellular is my safe harbor from the terrible experience I had with tracfone.

............When we were kids, people talked about not criticizing someone until we had "walked a mile in his moccasins". I don't hear that phrase as much any more as I once did.
There used to be a lot of expressions attributed to or referring to native Americans that are rarely used anymore.

Traveling this past week. So when in America did pressed meat paddies replace real sausages and bacon at hotel breakfast buffets?

Oh no! Say it ain't so. Consumer Cellular is my safe harbor from the terrible experience I had with tracfone.
I hope to be able to retract my pet peeve. Before yesterday, my experience was uniformly positive. I hope this is an aberration. I will find out on Monday when I have a follow up call with them.

I will be sure to post an update! :)

i agree. Also for me this pet peeve extends even further. It seems like some people have little or no empathy for others in different situations from their own. We all have problems and obstacles to overcome, and some people face obstacles that are so difficult (like the handicapped person who needs that parking spot and then gets a nasty note for using it, adding more to their already tough burden that day).

When we were kids, people talked about not criticizing someone until we had "walked a mile in his moccasins". I don't hear that phrase as much any more as i once did.

IMG_0472.JPG

I think I’ve shared this anecdote before, but 20 years ago, I worked at a company with a facilities guy who drove an old Jeep CJ with a handicap plate. This guy did all kinds of what I’d call light manual labor, and I always thought it was very strange that he had the placard and used handicapped spots at work, when he was clearly not limited physically.

Our annual company picnic was on a warm summer day, and he arrived wearing shorts, which nicely showed off his below-the-knee prosthetic leg. Very glad I kept my thoughts to myself, and a good reminder that you just don’t know what anybody else may be going through.

I just wish with my bad back and heart disease I could get one. When I see someone get out of a sports cars and jog into a store, I suspect they are using one intended for another family member.
I do get frustrated when we can’t find a handicapped parking spot when with my nephew, who is wheelchair bound with spina bifida and only has one leg. He’s also waiting for a kidney transplant.

Heart disease usually qualifies a person for a permit. Check with your doctor and if he says you don't qualify then be glad you aren't that bad off yet.

I'm 38 and look mid-20's so I get looks a lot when I use mine. I have rather advanced avacular necrosis and have considerable pain with every step I take with my left leg. Sometimes I tough it out and go into the store without my cane or crutch and use the shopping cart as a walker. If I do that I get glares every time. Almost makes me look forward to having the total hip replacement in 2 weeks so I will have to use a crutch or cane so they see why I am in a handicap spot.

........................... I thought the ridiculous truck itself was the pet peeve.
Living in semi-rural Washington state, those ridiculous trucks are a pet peeve. Jacked up, windows blacked out, aggressive (noisy) tires and an 8" tailpipe with minimal muffling area a sure sign to me of an idiot driver.

OK... I get a two fer today....

First, people who do not think parking spaces are for them.... first time was a few days ago when a pickup with a trailer parked in front of the Home Depot near the front door.... nobody in the truck... blocking cross traffic which was worse with people walking back and forth... then today at the tire store.... guy parks in front of the door blocking off people wanting to get out and also blocking people from backing up to get out....

The second is just seconds later.... people who drive the wrong way to get to a driveway that is 40 to 50 yards down... this is a 4 lane road with a concrete median at this location... but with a turn lane a bit farther down.... I almost hit a guy that was driving the wrong way as I was turning right and looking left (and yes, I did look right at first and he was not there).... blew my horn at him and he gets mad at me!!! Really? If I had not stopped quickly you would have been responsible for a wreck...

My pet peeve today is a common one, and which has likely been mentioned in this thread already: inconsiderate cellphone users.

It's an absolutely beautiful day here today, so the DW and I went out for breakfast at one of our favorite spots. Incredibly, their outdoor patio was empty, so at first we had it to ourselves.

Soon a couple of other folks chose to be seated outside. One of them, an older man by himself, sits down and promptly makes a call on his cell -- using the speakerphone! :mad: Not only did we have to listen to him, we got to listen to the guy on the other end of the line too.

Inconsiderate does not begin to address how rude I think that was.

My pet peeve today is a common one, and which has likely been mentioned in this thread already: inconsiderate cellphone users.

It's an absolutely beautiful day here today, so the DW and I went out for breakfast at one of our favorite spots. Incredibly, their outdoor patio was empty, so at first we had it to ourselves.

Soon a couple of other folks chose to be seated outside. One of them, an older man by himself, sits down and promptly makes a call on his cell -- using the speakerphone! :mad: Not only did we have to listen to him, we got to listen to the guy on the other end of the line too.

That's what we call "freedom" in the U.S.A. And if you don't like it then it you don't know how to get along with other people. At least that's what the message seems to be.

That's what we call "freedom" in the U.S.A. And if you don't like it then it you don't know how to get along with other people. At least that's what the message seems to be.

I am with CoolRich on this one. Just because someone has the "freedom" to do something and it is not illegal, that does not mean the act is necessarily in good taste and should not offend anybody -- especially in this case because the guy originated the call.

What if someone sat at the next table and ripped a big loud stinking fart, then proceeded to dig the wax out of his ears then decided his fingernails needed cleaning and trimming right there? Freedom to do those things? Sure, but rude? Maybe so.

People get cut off in traffic all the time and it is legal, but is it rude?

I have started just openly staring and eavesdropping at people who are rude on their cell phones. If they notice, they usually quiet the convo down or leave the area. If they don’t, at least I amused myself a bit.

I am with CoolRich on this one. Just because someone has the "freedom" to do something and it is not illegal, that does not mean the act is necessarily in good taste and should not offend anybody -- especially in this case because the guy originated the call.

What if someone sat at the next table and ripped a big loud stinking fart, then proceeded to dig the wax out of his ears then decided his fingernails needed cleaning and trimming right there? Freedom to do those things? Sure, but rude? Maybe so.

Thanks Rustward. You said it better than I could have.

I have started just openly staring and eavesdropping at people who are rude on their cell phones. If they notice, they usually quiet the convo down or leave the area. If they don’t, at least I amused myself a bit.

Yes, I've done that as well and it is fun. But, I seemed to have upped the game bit. I now occasionally start to discuss whatever the cell phone person is talking about loudly enough so the rude phone person hears it. This technique works well if you're with someone. It really works well if your not with someone.

To clarify: I am with CoolRich on this one too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom