What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my email provider revamps their email page to make it easier to understand. I knew how it worked before, how is changing the whole look & layout, making it easier. They start calling it a conversation. It's a GD email, leave it alone.

When my email provider revamps their email page to make it easier to understand. I knew how it worked before, how is changing the whole look & layout, making it easier. They start calling it a conversation. It's a GD email, leave it alone.

+1

I can't count the number of times I've screamed that!

+1

I can't count the number of times I've screamed that!

HA!!! And people wonder why, after more than a quarter century with AOL, I haven't changed to a more trendy e-mail address. At least it hasn't been revamped like that, or at least not noticeably so. So what I want to say to all of you much more with-it folks is... HA!!! :D

My pet peeve is all the on-all-the-time little LED etc lights on stuff :LOL: We have 8 in our kitchen.
This is a quasi peeve of mine. During the day you can't see all those little LEDs glowing. But wake up in the middle of the night and it looks like there are floodlights on in our kitchen. :D

This is a quasi peeve of mine. During the day you can't see all those little LEDs glowing. But wake up in the middle of the night and it looks like there are floodlights on in our kitchen. :D

A one hole punch and electrical tape put paid to them pretty quick.

Regarding annoying traits of appliances, I wish all microwaves came with a mute function for the beeper for keypad presses. I can see the numbers on the display, I don't need the BEEP!, BEEP!, especially not at 5:30 a.m. when DH may still be sleeping.

Regarding annoying traits of appliances, I wish all microwaves came with a mute function for the beeper for keypad presses. I can see the numbers on the display, I don't need the BEEP!, BEEP!, especially not at 5:30 a.m. when DH may still be sleeping.

Yes, our new microwave beeps are longer & louder than the old one. I don't mind the key beeps, but when it finishes heating it will beep forever if you don't either cancel it or open the door.

This afternoon it’s the jingle 1877carsforkids donate your car today. The song is icky and the premise on its face is just ridiculous—kids need cars?

This afternoon it’s the jingle 1877carsforkids donate your car today. The song is icky and the premise on its face is just ridiculous—kids need cars?

something has to keep them off the streets :facepalm: that doesn't compute either , does it

People who don't know how to turn left without cutting the corner. I almost got whacked sitting at a stop sign today by some idiot. I had a coworker who actually had his car totaled exactly the same way.

Our GE has a sound button to set the loudness

People who don't know how to turn left without cutting the corner. I almost got whacked sitting at a stop sign today by some idiot. I had a coworker who actually had his car totaled exactly the same way.
Yes, it is especially a problem when two lanes turn left. The idiots in the outside lane are constantly cutting the corner, which is my lane.

Mine is those drivers who have to swing right, sometimes into my lane, to make a left turn. Seriously? They're usually driving a small car. I can turn left pulling a trailer with my full-size truck. I guess they're too lazy to turn the steering wheel more than a few degrees.

People who go to family restaurants to argue, treat each other badly, use profanity and do it loudly.
Yes! Why don't they just sit there and stare at their smartphones like the rest of us? :LOL:

I am tired of companies that continually try to push me towards paperless statements. When I access their sites online they continually require me to decline the paperless option before proceeding to my account. I get this from all investment companies, credit card companies, and utility companies. I experienced the worse case yet this past week. My energy supplier, Alliant Energy, sent me a letter advising me that I had been "selected" for a three month trial to experience the ease and benefits of paperless statements. I would be sent email notifications and the online statement. During the three month trial I would still receive statements in the mail. After the three month trial the paper copy would end unless I went online and changed my preference to a paper copy via mail.

That ticked me off so I immediately got online and changed my preference back to mail delivery. I want a hard copy to reconcile my saved receipts each month. If I chose paperless I would have to print a hard copy using my paper and printer ink.

Later I received an email survey from Alliant Energy asking why I chose not to participate in the three month paperless trial. That allowed me the opportunity to say, "how dare you be so arrogant to assume you can go into my account and change my billing delivery preference without my permission and then force me to waste my time changing it back to mail delivery."

Geesh, why don 't these companies realize we are savvy enough to know they all have paperless options and will select it if we had any interest.

I am tired of companies that continually try to push me towards paperless statements.

I'm just the opposite; I hate paper statements and I don't get any.

It's so easy to download a pdf and print it if I want to. They take no storage space and I don't have to bother either shredding them or putting them in the recycle bin.

Geesh, why don't these companies realize we are savvy enough to know they all have paperless options and will select it if we had any interest.

I'm sure they are very aware that you're savvy enough. They just don't care, they don't want to have to pay someone to send the statements to you, pay the postage, and then if you have the unmitigated gall to pay by check, then they have to pay someone to open that envelope, handle your dirty smelly check, transport it, deposit it in a bank and wait for it to clear.

If you go paperless, it saves them a bunch of money. They don't care what you spend printing statements. BTW, we get all statements on paper too.

Yes, it is especially a problem when two lanes turn left. The idiots in the outside lane are constantly cutting the corner, which is my lane.
I have a new issue with the two left turn lanes. My '16 Accord has honda's Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS). When I'm in the right of the 2 left turn lanes and there is an auto opposite me also turning, the CMBS kicks off. "BRAKE" is flashed in large yellow letters across the display, an audio alert is triggered, and more than once, the car stops accelerating.

It's so easy to download a pdf and print it if I want to. They take no storage space and I don't have to bother either shredding them or putting them in the recycle bin.

Agree, and I don't generally have a need to print the monthly statements. I can reconcile just fine from the saved PDF file.

Pet peeve

This afternoon - family members. When DH & I moved to be closer to family 7 years ago I mistakenly thought that life had been a maturing force for all. That we could communicate like adults. You know- if you don't plan to come over, just say so. Don't say "oh we were there - we saw your car - but no one came to the door" And yet the day before they walk in with no phone call or warning. LOL. FREE.

I'm sure they are very aware that you're savvy enough. They just don't care, they don't want to have to pay someone to send the statements to you, pay the postage, and then if you have the unmitigated gall to pay by check, then they have to pay someone to open that envelope, handle your dirty smelly check, transport it, deposit it in a bank and wait for it to clear.

If you go paperless, it saves them a bunch of money. They don't care what you spend printing statements. BTW, we get all statements on paper too.

Problem is that some of these businesses do not accept CC payments without charging you a fee...

Now, a number of business I have to pay have electronic payments from my bank... IOW, I put their info in and the bank automatically creates the payment to be electronic... I do not...

Bet you chose paperless and didn’t have it foisted on you. We have pretty simple finances and I pay almost everything online but still get most bills in the mail because if I get hit by a bus DH would be clueless about what gets billed when and when to pay. Just the way we roll. If we had no choice re paperless of course we’d figure it out but prefer not to if we don’t have to

I do autopay paperless natural gas and electric (two separate utilities) bills only because they charge us a “convenience fee” for paying online otherwise and NOT paying by check. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom