What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the 4th time in three months, we have had our mail delivered to the wrong address, even though there is no other street named anything close to our street name.

Worse, for the second time it was a package delivered to the wrong address- even though another package, with the exact same address information, was delivered correctly. We could because the delivery times (as recorded in the USPS informed delivery) are about 30 minutes apart.

At least this time it only took them a day to resolve the issue... they are now assuming we are correct when we open a case.
Happens to us all the time. Checks lost, credit card-related mail lost. Getting others' mail with addresses NOT even close to our neighborhood. I have a $25k check mailed with signature required one year ago supposedly still apparently missing in Texas - received a call from a supervisor there last week. 'Supposedly' because that check was first misdelivered (determined from the name/title of theperson signing the check ) then actually delivered two weeks later. I never did receive that 2nd correct signature. A few yrs ago, a winter coat mailed Priority from Northern Calif to Southern Calif (to mother in dead of cold winter) was redirected to Washington DC, 4 weeks later finally delivered. I despise USPS' reliability track record.

Last edited:
I hate, hate, hate the use of DH, DS, DD. What does that mean? DS: Dear Spouse, Damn Sister, Deadbeat Sister in Law, Difficult Son? I waste way too many brain cells trying to figure out who they mean. Is it that difficult to type out husband, sister, etc.?

I hate, hate, hate the use of DH, DS, DD. What does that mean? DS: Dear Spouse, Damn Sister, Deadbeat Sister in Law, Difficult Son? I waste way too many brain cells trying to figure out who they mean. Is it that difficult to type out husband, sister, etc.?
Pretty simple. DH husband, DS son, DD daughter.

No more difficult than typing out "to be" vs. 2B. :)

i hate, hate, hate the use of dh, ds, dd. What does that mean? Ds: Dear spouse, damn sister, deadbeat sister in law, difficult son? I waste way too many brain cells trying to figure out who they mean. Is it that difficult to type out husband, sister, etc.?

imho ofc b/c aamof ikr hth, dgmw. ;)

Pet Peeve of The Day - Canceling my SiriusXM subscription. What a pain in the butt. After waiting in the queue had to decline six offers from "Steve". No thank you, please cancel my subscription . . . It was down to about $5.00 / month and even that was not worth it. I rarely use the car or the service. Canceled Netflix DVD system with a click of the button. That is the way to do it.

Absolutely couldn't get thru to the cancel number I don't renew until 5/21 but they will run that PDQ..kept getting disconnected oh well I'll try again Monday, they play hideous hold music too...:facepalm:

I am usually lay back and very little bothers me . The neighbor's dog barking constantly is driving me bats . Don't dogs get laryngitis from non stop barking for hours ?

I am usually lay back and very little bothers me . The neighbor's dog barking constantly is driving me bats . Don't dogs get laryngitis from non stop barking for hours ?

We have a couple 'barking cats' behind us......go outside..."Bark"...wish their owners would get real dogs.

Not as far as I can tell. Some folks down the hill keep a pack of hunting dogs and they bark incessantly. Fortunately, the barking is only bothersome when the wind is blowing in a certain direction.

It's better than chickens. I am NOT a morning person and when we lived in a neighborhood years ago, I frequently plotted to exterminate the rooster that lived across our back fence. DH observed that it was lucky that I move slowly in the mornings, and that was the only time I was feeling murderous...

Last edited:
Thank you.....although it was initially intended as a Johnny Carson type "How hot was it?" response to Koogie's expostulation. ;)

Ah well, guess I can't win [-]them all[/-], [-]some of them[/-], any of them.

Well obviously went completely over my head!

LOL. This forum is the main place I have seen these abbreviations.

Pet Peeve? I'm so tired of hearing "You Got This" and "We're all in this together" and "Stay Home, Save Lives". They rank right up there with "our thoughts and prayers" anytime someone dies. Or "<insert city> Strong" when there's a shooting. Why do people dream up these repetitive phrases? It gets so annoying. Just admit you don't know the right thing to say...

Pet Peeve? I'm so tired of hearing "You Got This" and "We're all in this together" and "Stay Home, Save Lives". They rank right up there with "our thoughts and prayers" anytime someone dies. Or "<insert city> Strong" when there's a shooting. Why do people dream up these repetitive phrases? It gets so annoying. Just admit you don't know the right thing to say...

#Don'tknowwhattosay! :D

Emoticons or smilies.

Worrysome peeve - The upcoming necessity of cutting my wife's hair.

The results will become her pet peeve.

Pray for me.

I am reminded of the various experts and their predictions for when the social distancing can be lifted and what is needed. Most of it is medical nonsense.

Social distancing will be eliminated when the females in our society get fed up with their hair getting raggy, their nails looking like a rat was chewing on them, and they need a new pair of shoes for whatever reason (Idiot that I am I never have understood the female love of shoes.)

Before you throw stones on me, I was told this my several females who are already feeling the anguish of the above deprivations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom