What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reel leashes are like the snooze button on an alarm clock. Hello, what are you trying to accomplish, teaching your dog to ignore a leash (like teaching yourself to go back to sleep when the alarm goes off).

My pet peeve so far today has been the iPad autocorrect function. So I guess I am really peeved at myself for not turning it off....

My pet peeve is people who can't return the shopping cart to the shopping cart stall and instead leave it in a parking space. There! I finally got that one off my chest!

My pet peeve is people who can't return the shopping cart to the shopping cart stall and instead leave it in a parking space. There! I finally got that one off my chest!

I hate having a shopping cart on my chest, too.

Kidding, that is rude, lazy, and possibly damaging to others property.

My wife sings along with the radio in the car (even the commercials) but doesn't know the words so she just makes stuff up.

By the way, she knows this is my pet peeve, but does it anyway.:mad:

Just back from a shopping trip and I'm right there with you - I take a downright proprietary attitude toward Costco and often ask someone loading their trunk if their cart was a good one and ask to use it - saving them the trip to the cart return area. The ones that get deserted out in the parking spaces just tick me off and I will grab one of those if I don't see someone about done loading up.

And speaking of Costco, some of the returns also get me going, as I imagine (hope I imagine) that the person doing the return just needed patio furniture for a few weeks or a big TV for the big game and then returned it.

Oh! Today was garbage pickup day. We had a bunch of yard debris, but not enough garbage or recycling to make it worth taking the cans out and having the truck make an energy wasting stop. The neighbors, however, never fail to have multiple cans filled to overflowing with garbage - in both the garbage AND the recycle cans! WTF - it really doesn't take much brain power to divide garbage from recycle.

It's not the dogs, it's the idiots and morons they are stuck with. Even worse, we can walk away, the dogs don't get to choose.

So true, the dogs(or many pets) are smarter than their owners.
MRG

I try not to have pet peeves. Life is getting too short. :)

However, the increasing number of telemarketers and phone call scammers, along with the ineffectiveness of the "do not call" list, coupled with the phone companies refusal to provide a good, free solution to block undesired calls, is one.

My pet peeve are solicitors going door-to-door trying to sell or have you sign up for whatever. With the arrival of spring they're out in droves and ignore the "no soliciting" signs posted at the entry to the development and by the front door. Politicians are a nuisance too.

I hate having a shopping cart on my chest, too.

Kidding, that is rude, lazy, and possibly damaging to others property.

The nearest WM to me has a parking lot that slopes away from the building. Add in the fact that's it can be very windy around here. I once saw a cart zooming down the lot, probably running 10+mph. That could do some damage.

Sad that people are so self-centered and lazy that simple actions like returning a cart to the cart parking lot is too much...

And get off my lawn!

Inconsiderate people who don't follow the rules of the community. One of the hazards of living in a condo development but should not be.

I woke up cranky cause I still am W*king so everyone else's peeves sound like whining. Only the infinite numbers of peeves in my head sound valid. Agree on the dogs.LOL

Just back from a shopping trip and I'm right there with you - I take a downright proprietary attitude toward Costco and often ask someone loading their trunk if their cart was a good one and ask to use it - saving them the trip to the cart return area. The ones that get deserted out in the parking spaces just tick me off and I will grab one of those if I don't see someone about done loading up.

And speaking of Costco, some of the returns also get me going, as I imagine (hope I imagine) that the person doing the return just needed patio furniture for a few weeks or a big TV for the big game and then returned it.

Oh! Today was garbage pickup day. We had a bunch of yard debris, but not enough garbage or recycling to make it worth taking the cans out and having the truck make an energy wasting stop. The neighbors, however, never fail to have multiple cans filled to overflowing with garbage - in both the garbage AND the recycle cans! WTF - it really doesn't take much brain power to divide garbage from recycle.

My pet peeve - amateurs at costco. I call them amateurs because they seem clueless on how to shop there. They block the aisle in both directions with their shopping cart. They will park their cart - blocking then aisle - then go leisurely walk over to whatever food sample is nearby. (This can take several minutes if it's a roadshow of multiple flavors of hummis or somesuch.) They leave the cart in the parking space (as mentioned above). They don't know the system for what to unload vs what to leave in the cart at the register.

Show a little spacial awareness folks - you wouldn't park your car in the center of the road where people can't go around either side of you. Why do that with your shopping cart?

(FWIW - Ranch 99 and Zion Market are worse. Smaller carts - but much smaller aisles as well.)

Magazines that only print the page number on the page about every 25 pages. Having to flip thru or count pages to find an article is a pain.

Having to call a government agency (state or federal) to discuss an issue or attempt to fix problem. Usually, no one answers the phone and it goes to voice mail saying leave info and a call will be returned (right!:rolleyes:).

Or, if you get lucky and get a human (using the reference broadly), they can't help you and pass you to a extension that just rings and rings and rings....

Plastic soda/water bottles (2-ltr, 24 oz., 12 oz., or whatever) with those funky shaped pointed bottoms. Always falling over in the old refridgerators with steel racks and other places. Why can't they just put a nice flat bottom on them for stability? And the plastic caps on said bottles just keep getting smaller and smaller (I know this is a cost factor). Seems I'm dropping them more and more because they're so small.

People who drive 20+ MPH under the speed limit in the inside lane (left side) of the road and not move over to the right lane for traffic.

People who don't answer their phone, especially when I know it is glued to their hand............

My pet peeve is people that always answer the phone - whether they are talking to me, eating in a restaurant with a friend, in the toilet.........:sick:

Robo calls from Doctor and Dentists offices that say " please call us back regarding your scheduled appointment on (insert date and time)". Upon calling back your learn that you are calling to affirm that you will be at the appt.

I made the appt, answered the @#$* robo call and I still have to call back? Really?

- Grocery Stores, which previously had wide aisles, placing displays in the aisle leading to gridlock. I know why they are doing it, just don't approve.

- New neighbors, that acquired bank owned houses, parking cars on the street in a neighborhood where this typically isn't done due to lot size, road width and general aesthetics. Seen too many neighborhoods turn from beautiful to trashy once this takes hold.

-gauss

Plastic soda/water bottles (2-ltr, 24 oz., 12 oz., or whatever) with those funky shaped pointed bottoms. Always falling over in the old refridgerators with steel racks and other places. Why can't they just put a nice flat bottom on them for stability? And the plastic caps on said bottles just keep getting smaller and smaller (I know this is a cost factor). Seems I'm dropping them more and more because they're so small.

And the plastic is so thin that if you squeeze a full bottle the contents come flying out all over the place.

Hey Gauss--
I couldn't agree with you more. Too bad you spend a ton to buy in a "nice" neighborhood and suddenly it changes. Cars on the street detract, but so does failure to mow lawns or keep homes in good repair. I was lucky to get out, and next time I will purchase in a deed restricted area with a strong HOA. Trash and shady characters beget trash and shady characters. --prof12

My pet peeve is people that always answer the phone - whether they are talking to me, eating in a restaurant with a friend, in the toilet.........:sick:

I got the better of a guy that routinely used his cell in the restroom at Megacorp. He's talking away, to his banker, I decided to put a stop to his annoying habit. The noises I made left no doubt as to where he was, and gave the impression someone was having a great deal of difficulty with a bodily function.
MRG

out_of_the_box.jpg

- New neighbors, that acquired bank owned houses, parking cars on the street in a neighborhood where this typically isn't done due to lot size, road width and general aesthetics. Seen too many neighborhoods turn from beautiful to trashy once this takes hold.

-gauss

:LOL:

What used to get me is when the neighbors parked their car on the street in front of my house when ample parking was available in front of theirs. I guess they didn't want that rusted out Caddy to detract from their home's curb appeal.

Automated service calls .... "you replied 'no.' Is this correct? Sorry, I could not understand your reply."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom