What should Bush say tomorrow

janeeyre

Recycles dryer sheets
Maybe Bush should declare victory, say that his goals have been met, Saddam is gone, free elections have been held, a new government is in place, and, therefore, we will begin withdrawing our troops from Irag by the end of 2007.

Do you think it may work??

How about something coherent and in English... ::)

Or, how about telling the Iraqi "government" to get off their oil ASSets, and get some factories, schools, hospitals, and such operating.

janeeyre said:
Maybe Bush should declare victory, say that his goals have been met, Saddam is gone, free elections have been held, a new government is in place, and, therefore, we will begin withdrawing our troops from Irag by the end of 2007.

Do you think it may work??

That would be a much better strategy than what he will do. What he will do, is propose an increase of troop strength, cementing his legacy at the bottom of the barrel of U.S. Presidents.

The all out civil war will begin when we leave, and will undoubtedly fall into the hands of a dictator more ruthless than Saddam was.

Bush should have listened to the commitee that was assigned to study the problem.

I think the GOP is betting on losing the next Presidential election, and just wants to hold together a facade until then. That way when the wheels totally come off during the first term of Obama/Hillary's Presidency, they can blame the demos and reclaim the throne a la Carter/Reagan. Just a thought.

Good by, so long, . . . . . .

Unfortunately that would leave us with the VP...

Bush should apologize for all the lies, and then give it to us straight. Tell us it's a strategic war for oil (and a little payback for that dude who dis'd his daddy). Tell us that our lifestyles are at stake here. It's a fight for our freedom to consume without bounds.

We need Iraq to replace Texas. Not to mention the boost to our culinary palate.

I could get behind that. :)

wab said:
Not to mention the boost to our culinary palate.

I could get behind that. :)

I do like Vietnamese food. - Never had Iraqi food! :-X

"I just shot Cheney, and the cyanide will be effective any minute now..."

brewer12345 said:

I REALLY like that one!!!

Or maybe "Barbara just read me the biography of that Jim Jones fella down there in Jonestown, Guano....you know in South Merica. And I found it to be perty insprational.....I just shot Cheney, and the cyanide will be effective any minute now......Hon, could I have one more sip of that yummy coolaid?" ;)

- "This fight is too important to lose. Remember Afghanistan under the Taliban? What if the Taliban had oil resources sufficient to buy/build nuclear weapons. We just need a litttle imagination, so let's try this: Imagine 9/11 raised to the kiloton level. Imagine Iraq under the control of al-Sistani and his pals. Imagine the mad mullahs in Iran cotrolling the oil wealth of southern Iraq."

- "The rule of law cannot thrive in an environment of fear, where police, judges, and government officials fear for their lives and the lives of their family. The brokers of intolerance and hate in that country and elsewhere know this, and have spilled the blood of hundreds of Iraqis to prevent the establishment of a peaceful society where the rights of all Iraqis are protected. Still, thousands in Iraq today are risking their lives to establish a pluralistic society, a society that promises protection of minority rights and freedom from oppression for all Iraqis. These thousands of brave Iraqis are well known to the despots seeking to inflict their particular brand of authoritarian rule over all of Iraq. To walk away from Iraq is to betray the trust of these Iraqis, to doom them, and to forfeit Iraq to the forces of hate and intolerance.

- "The United States cannot build Iraq, and the Iraq's have never asked us to. We can, however, provide greater support to the efforts of Iraqis seeking to help their nation achieve its promise. This will require a committment of resources different than we have provided to date.

(then, go on to describe the simple plan to
- build a non-corrupt, non-sectarian police force and military of sufficient size to suppress the militias
- Ramp up oil production
- equitably share the benefits of oil resources to benefit all Iraqis
- encourage development of an Iraqi civil society
- foster the development of a market economy
- Assure Iraqis have an allegiance to their nation and to the fundamental protection of the rights of their neighbors, regardless of creed, that exceeds their allegiance to their own clan or religious sect
)

It is the portion in green that the Prez and his staff will need to flesh out a little . . . .

brewer12345 said:

Introducing President Pelosi...

If anyone gets to shoot Dick, it should be his lawyer buddy that got "sprayed" with buckshot... :bat:

HFWR said:
Introducing President Pelosi...

Great idea! :) "Nancy, share with America your plan for Iraq. Don't spare any details, be sure to include the expected results for the region."

Cut-Throat said:
and will undoubtedly fall into the hands of a dictator more ruthless than Saddam was.

Now that's a trick I wouldn't want to see.

Countin' bodies to the rhythm of the war drum.

I bet he'll say he's rampin' up troops, but not really have any plan in place for them. Just like the first time we "went to war".

-CC

CCdaCE said:
but not really have any plan in place for them.
Hey, that's the State Department's four-star's job.

ADM Fallon is leaving PACOM HQ just in time to help GEN Abizaid figure this out...

Nords said:
ADM Fallon is leaving PACOM HQ just in time to help GEN Abizaid figure this out...

Sending an admiral to command CENTCOM would normally cause apoplexy in the Army, but in this case I think there might be some Army GOs who are privately a little relieved. Still, the swapping of traditional service GO/FO GCC billets has Rummy's fingerprints all over it. I'll bet Gates returns to the previous pattern when he's making his own choices from scratch.

The problem we have is that Iraq is now the form for a sectarian war between the two Muslim denominations. There is no way that Saudi Arabia, Iran and Syria will stand back.

Bush uncorked the Genie.

samclem said:
- "This fight is too important to lose. Remember Afghanistan under the Taliban? What if the Taliban had oil resources sufficient to buy/build nuclear weapons. We just need a litttle imagination, so let's try this: Imagine 9/11 raised to the kiloton level."

Yeah, play the WMD card again! That'll do the trick ::)

samclem said:
- "This fight is too important to lose. Remember Afghanistan under the Taliban? What if the Taliban had oil resources sufficient to buy/build nuclear weapons. We just need a litttle imagination, so let's try this: Imagine 9/11 raised to the kiloton level. Imagine Iraq under the control of al-Sistani and his pals. Imagine the mad mullahs in Iran cotrolling the oil wealth of southern Iraq."

- "The rule of law cannot thrive in an environment of fear, where police, judges, and government officials fear for their lives and the lives of their family. The brokers of intolerance and hate in that country and elsewhere know this, and have spilled the blood of hundreds of Iraqis to prevent the establishment of a peaceful society where the rights of all Iraqis are protected. Still, thousands in Iraq today are risking their lives to establish a pluralistic society, a society that promises protection of minority rights and freedom from oppression for all Iraqis. These thousands of brave Iraqis are well known to the despots seeking to inflict their particular brand of authoritarian rule over all of Iraq. To walk away from Iraq is to betray the trust of these Iraqis, to doom them, and to forfeit Iraq to the forces of hate and intolerance.

- "The United States cannot build Iraq, and the Iraq's have never asked us to. We can, however, provide greater support to the efforts of Iraqis seeking to help their nation achieve its promise. This will require a committment of resources different than we have provided to date.

(then, go on to describe the simple plan to
- build a non-corrupt, non-sectarian police force and military of sufficient size to suppress the militias
- Ramp up oil production
- equitably share the benefits of oil resources to benefit all Iraqis
- encourage development of an Iraqi civil society
- foster the development of a market economy
- Assure Iraqis have an allegiance to their nation and to the fundamental protection of the rights of their neighbors, regardless of creed, that exceeds their allegiance to their own clan or religious sect
)

It is the portion in green that the Prez and his staff will need to flesh out a little . . . .
Nice post. :)

..Imagine Iraq under the control of al-Sistani and his pals. Imagine the mad mullahs in Iran controlling the oil wealth of southern Iraq.

Imagine that if you are Saudi Arabia, Syria or Egypt (mostly Sunni). This could make the wars between Catholic and Protestant Christianity look like high school wrestling matches.

Back
Top Bottom