What Your Car Says About You

No mention of a TransCamaro?

Attachments

• TransCamaro4X4.jpg
    TransCamaro4X4.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3
You're a redneck? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Perhaps. The F-150 would certainly get that comment. Especially since I live in Idaho! Maybe adding the Monte makes me a redneck pimp?

My neighbor saw the Monte and said "Man, that thing is the 70s on wheels." Maybe I'd be a disco redneck?

2000 White Dodge Stratus - I am a gregarious female, and really do not care too much about what I drive. Purchased in midwest...hmmm....still not caring all too much!

I wonder what they would say about my two daily drivers:
Blue 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo
Red 1993 F-150 pick-up

Wow, small world...I drove to work today in a 1976 Grand LeMans! Originally a metallic red they called "FireThorn", but it's been repainted burgundy.

Wow, small world...I drove to work today in a 1976 Grand LeMans! Originally a metallic red they called "FireThorn", but it's been repainted burgundy.

Did you drive or float?:D

Those cars are definitely two birds of a feather. Very similar cars.

Nine year old black diesel jetta: Hates going to the gas station, but doesn't think through the need to go to the car wash.

I wonder what they would say about my two daily drivers:
Blue 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo
Red 1993 F-150 pick-up

While I can't decide what the general public might say about my vehicle choices, I think I know what an ER.org person would say: "There's a man who appreciates a FULLY depreciated asset."

Only if you drive me in MY Mustang :cool: to the Waldorf-Astoria for lunch in NYC. ;)
You drive a tough bargain, Freebird. Unfortunately I just can't afford the time off from work right now. Idaho is a LONG drive to NYC. And I'd hardly be LBYM driving my Monte over to get your car.

You drive a tough bargain, Freebird. Unfortunately I just can't afford the time off from work right now. Idaho is a LONG drive to NYC. And I'd hardly be LBYM driving my Monte over to get your car.
Hey, I'm a Noo Yawker. :cool:

I'll sweeten the deal. I'll wear the same outfit. :LOL:

Sweet! I bet it HAULS boogie! :D Nice.

Yes, it does haul boogie.

My first car, back in 1984ish. My wife calls it the mistress, and gets jealous since it predates her. The kids love it, and the wife tolerates it. Drove her in it on our first date, home from the wedding, and took our 1st baby home from the hospital in it.

Still driven frequently for three seasons. It has a lightly modified 350. Such a heavy Chevy isn't truly fast off the line, but it is great on the highway. I verified that the flat front end starts catching the wind at about 90, and is really squirrelly at 120, while driving it to my HS reunion last summer. The engine was still raring to go when I chickened out. Narrow two lane roads just aren't safe at 120!

Your Le Mans is currently in better shape than my Monte. Mine is straight and good looking from 20 ft. Mechanically excellent. Get closer and the 20 year old paint job starts to show. Interior is decent with two exceptions. Monte dashes are known for cracking, and my bucket seats each have a 4 inch rip in the seam. Basically it is a car that was restored in 1990, and has been regularly driven since then. It has been taken care of, but is in need of a little TLC again. It's in the budget to begin working on it in the spring.

Yeah, I'd like to see a pic of that Monte, as well!

Here's a pic someone took of my LeMans at the GM show in Carlisle, PA a few years ago:

1976 Pontiac LeMans Images. Photo: 76_Pontiac_LeMans_GMN-06_AC_01.jpg

Hey, I'm a Noo Yawker. :cool:

I'll sweeten the deal. I'll wear the same outfit. :LOL:

Sorry, Freebird, can't do it. Now maybe if you were also wearing the leather boots of a certain OTHER frequent poster...

It has a lightly modified 350. Such a heavy Chevy isn't truly fast off the line, but it is great on the highway. I verified that the flat front end starts catching the wind at about 90, and is really squirrelly at 120, while driving it to my HS reunion last summer. The engine was still raring to go when I chickened out. Narrow two lane roads just aren't safe at 120!

That sounds similar to my LeMans. It has a Pontiac 350-4bbl, and the transmission has a shift kit in it, but it only has the tame stock 2.41:1 axle ratio. 0-60 isn't so hot, but it seems to catch its second wind above that. And even around 75-80 it'll still downshift if you punch it, although at those speeds, I don't know it should really be doing that! At least, I've never had any other cars with a 3-speed automatic that would downshift at 75-80.

I haven't tried to verify whether or not it gets floaty at 90, or what the top speed is, though. I want to live, thank you very much! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom