What's your middle name?

I am Sarah Louisa. Named for my Great Aunts Sarah and Sophie Louisa, and I am the 13th Sarah in a direct line going waayyyy back. Don't you just love the South? :)

Well, you can tell mine from my moniker here. My first initial is K. My middle name is Audrey. It has no family significance, I think my mother just liked Audrey Hepburn movies (so do I).

I hated it as a kid, and would never tell anyone. Now I like it.

Technically on my birth certificate it is "----"....however, every other official document (including my passport) contains the middle name of Lynn. Go figure! No love or dislike for it.

My middle name is my mother's maiden name. It is a cool name but I dont use it- my other names take up way to many syllables.

Mine is also my mother's maiden name. It only causes problems in two ways: My first and last name are the same as my father's, but he has a different middle name. However, he and his father share the same name. So he is John Doe Jr, and I, his son, am John Doe. This regularly confuses people. Also, my middle name is a name from a different culture, so it is not spelled at all like it is pronounced.

2Cor521

I was not given a middle name. So many girls in the 1950's were named Susan, Suzanne, Susie, etc, that a middle name would have been appreciated!

I got married in 1976 when it was just beginning to get popular to hyphenate your maiden name with your married name. That combination was not pleasant at all. So instead, I took my maiden name as my middle name. It's still a mouthful, but it's just not used very often.

But it did allow me to FINALLY have a middle initial!

What is your middle name? Do you use it? Like it?

I have no interest in this at all, . . .
Boy, was I wrong. Some of these middle name stories are pretty interesting after all. :):D

Louis is my middle name..........

My dad and grandpa had NO middle name, they were both named Louis.

WHen I asked my dad WHY neither he nor grandpa had a middle name, his answer was:

"We were too poor"..............

. . .WHen I asked my dad WHY neither he nor grandpa had a middle name, his answer was:

"We were too poor"..............
:2funny::2funny::2funny:
Now that's poor.

Apparently, Harry S. had just enough money for an initial.

:2funny::2funny::2funny:
Now that's poor.

Apparently, Harry S. had just enough money for an initial.

His favorite phrase is: "We were so poor we couldn't afford to PAY ATTENTION"............

My husband's best friend was Rob, but his full name was George Robert ***, III
Rob's dad was called Bob, but his full name was George Robert ***, Jr.
Rob's grandfather was called "G.R.", but his real name was George Robert ***
and Rob's first son is called Bobby, but his real name is George Robert ***, IV.
So one day I asked why no one in the family is called "George" and was told that everyone hates the name! Go figure...

Back
Top Bottom