What's your Personality Type? Briggs-Myers

I came up INTJ.

Introvert(100%) iNtuitive(12%) iNtuitive Thinking(12%) Judging(67%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)
However, I did find myself answering some questions differently that I would have in the past.

Once was the question about do I prefer generalities vs details. In the past, details, details, details...now (maybe being FIRE'd.. has something to do with it) ... I'll take the Cliff notes :LOL:.

Last edited:
Surely, I have noticed myself getting "softer" over the years. Part of it may be because I am no longer working in the dog-eat-dog environment, so can afford to be a bit more empathic. Part of it is the rubbing-off effect from family, meaning wife and children.

INTP
Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(25%) iNtuitive Thinking(75%) Perceiving(22)%

• You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

I did not even know about Briggs-Myers personality typing until I read about it in this forum a few years ago. That was when I found out that I had always been INTJ.

It was discovered some time ago, whether on this forum or not I do not know, that the concentration of INTJ is higher among early retirees than in the general public. Statistics show that only 2.5% of males are INTJ, while it is only 0.5% for females.

Counted among INTJs are scientists like Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking, and Nikola Tesla. But, but, but Ted Kaczynski (the Unabomber) and Anders Breivik (the 2011 Norwegian mass murderer) are also INTJ.

I did not even know about Briggs-Myers personality typing until I read about it in this forum a few years ago. That was when I found out that I had always been INTJ.

It was discovered some time ago, whether on this forum or not I do not know, that the concentration of INTJ is higher among early retirees than in the general public. Statistics show that only 2.5% of males are INTJ, while it is only 0.5% for females.

Same here. While I don't recall the 4 individual percentages back then, I recall I was INTJ. Now, they are.....

78-25-50-33

Suspicious bastard, same as always.

brewer12345 said:
Suspicious bastard, same as always.

Well that, too. But still an INTJ, though like FiREd, I get an ISTJ sometimes.

I think it is useful to some degree in the workplace-we've asked a few potential hires to take it and it seems the closer they are to the rest of us, the better they fit in. My sister worked for a lady who used the MBTI to seat people at work events-totally over the top ridiculous.

I think it serves a purpose in identifying why we perceive things differently. DH and I took the test as part of our premarital counseling, and the minister used the results to explain how we might overcome conflicts brought on by his E to my I, which continues to be helpful, 19 years later.

Well that, too. But still an INTJ, though like FiREd, I get an ISTJ sometimes.

I think it is useful to some degree in the workplace-we've asked a few potential hires to take it and it seems the closer they are to the rest of us, the better they fit in. My sister worked for a lady who used the MBTI to seat people at work events-totally over the top ridiculous.

I think it serves a purpose in identifying why we perceive things differently. DH and I took the test as part of our premarital counseling, and the minister used the results to explain how we might overcome conflicts brought on by his E to my I, which continues to be helpful, 19 years later.
Thats an enlightened minister. DW and I are mostly opposites in all four of those categories, which has led to some interesting situations. I bet a minister would have told us not to get married. :D

Last edited:

Had a boss a while back that while he would never admit to it would use it to see who he could get the most overtime out of...

Thats an enlightened minister. DW and I are mostly opposites in all four of those categories, which has led to some interesting situations. I bet a minister would have told us not to get married. :D

Except for the I (she is a mild I) we are also complete opposites - that is what has kept our marriage interesting...

I've taken Myers Briggs tests many times and always been an ESTJ.

This is the first time I've taken it since I ER'ed over 2 years ago. ENFJ - I really don't know what that says about my ER life but I am now apparently one of the "benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity".

ENFJ Profile

Still an INTJ. I once tested as INFJ but all the rest of the many times I've been an INTJ, strongest on the I part.

Not sure where I first saw this
[FONT=&quot]ISTJ:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Lord, help me to relax my focus on insignificant details, even though any of them may cause significant problems later. Begin this tomorrow at 8:31:04 am.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ISTP: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]God, please help me to consider other people's feelings, even if most of them ARE excessively hypersensitive.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ESTP: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]God help me to accept responsibility for my own actions, even though problems are usually NOT my fault.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ESTJ: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]God, please help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if You need some help, just ask.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ISFJ:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Lord, please help me to be more laid back and help me to do that EXACTLY right.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ISFP:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don't mind my asking).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ESFP:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] God help me to take things more seriously, especially jokes, parties, conversation and dancing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ESFJ:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] God give me the patience I need to deal with things more effectively, and I mean right NOW![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]INFJ:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Lord. Please help me not to be so perfectionistic! (Did I spell that correctly?)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]INFP:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] God, help me to finish everything I sta..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ENFP:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] God, please help me to keep my mind on one... Look a butterfly!...thing at a time.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ENFJ:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] God help me to do only what I can, trusting you for all the rest. But would you mind putting that in writing?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]INTJ:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Lord keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]INTP: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord, please help me to be a little less independent - but in my own way, of course.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ENTP:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Lord, please help me follow our established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a couple of minutes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ENTJ:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Lord, help me slow downandnotrushthroughwhatIdo.[/FONT]

here's a breakdown of Myers-Briggs personality types by percent of population:
One of the common questions people ask after determining their type is: How frequent is my type? The table below shows estimates of the relative frequency of each of the sixteen types in the United States population.
estimated_frequency_table.gif

Note that the three main types that occur in the FIRE population amake up a relatively small percentage of the total population at large

the three most common types among FIREboard participants were ISTJ, INTJ, and INTP.)

ISTJ - 11.6 % of the general populatrion
INTJ - 2.1 % of the general populatrion
INTP - 3.3 % of the general populatrion

Last edited:
With 32% INTJ's, 29% ISTJ's, 13% INTP's and only 12% E-somethings (extroverts), it's a miracle this group:
  • Can even manage to form public messages and interact.
  • Get along so well all considered.
Isn't it counterintuitive to have I's more prevalent than E's on a public forum? Funny stuff (though I didn't get the humor in INTJ) ... :D

[Edit: I'm joking...]
Not sure where I first saw this.

INTJ:[FONT=&quot] Lord keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.[/FONT]

ISTJ:[FONT=&quot] Lord, help me to relax my focus on insignificant details, even though any of them may cause significant problems later. Begin this tomorrow at 8:31:04 am.[/FONT]

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community - View Poll Results

Last edited:
Midpack said:
With 32% INTJ's, 29% ISTJ's, 13% INTP's and only 12% E-somethings (extroverts), it's a miracle this group:

[*]Can even manage to form public messages and interact.
[*]Get along so well all considered.
Isn't it counterintuitive to have I's more prevalent than E's on a public forum? Funny stuff (though I didn't get the humor in INTJ) ... :D

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community - View Poll Results

I am not at all surprised that there are more Is on a forum. The Es are out talking to real people.

ISTJ
Introvert(78%) Sensing(50%) Thinking(100%) Judging(100%)

ISTJ is the same result as I've had in the past. I'm just a little surprised that the "I" isn't a bit lower. It seems to me that since I RE, I've become more social and outgoing. I thought perhaps I'd be moving closer to an "E", but apparently not.

by "talking to real people," I think you mean "having conversations in real-time without the comfort of knowing you can walk away for an hour and ponder your responses." :LOL:

I am not at all surprised that there are more Is on a forum. The Es are out talking to real people.

here's a breakdown of Myers-Briggs personality types by percent of population:

Note that the three main types that occur in the FIRE population amake up a relatively small percentage of the total population at large

the three most common types among FIREboard participants were ISTJ, INTJ, and INTP.)

ISTJ - 11.6 % of the general populatrion
INTJ - 2.1 % of the general populatrion
INTP - 3.3 % of the general populatrion

That is what makes this Forum so special:LOL:
No wonder I joined.... ISTJ

by "talking to real people," I think you mean "having conversations in real-time without the comfort of knowing you can walk away for an hour and ponder your responses." :LOL:

Exactly right!

FIREd said:
That would suggest that only Es are real people.:D

Not necessarily (meaning you're WRONG!!!!). The Es can talk to the Is. We just won't listen to them unless they bring DATA. ;)

Back
Top Bottom