Why you chose your forum screen name

Came to learn from the Masters, played while the ant worked, color I get after to much beer.

The home of the best 2 minutes in sports...the KY Derby. Also an excuse for a 2-week city-wide party.

My main hobby used to be amateur astronomy and my interest was observing galaxies and galaxy clusters. I still have the equipment (18" scope and many high-quality eyepieces) but I'm only considering myself on sabbatical from it - after FIRE that's high on my list of things to spend more time on. Meanwhile I've gotten into homebrewing and lately, craft cocktail mixing. Maybe that's related to the stress at w*rk and the fact that I so desperately want to FIRE.

Hard to read at this scale, but that's my screen name written in galaxies using this web site.

I need to add a tagline.

I'm boring - used my real name and real photo.

I use my old siamese cat's name. When I first joined Internet forums in 1998, I had a cat named Ally. I was looking around the room for ideas and saw my cat sitting on top of my old style monitor. So Ally was my choice. I've kept the name on any forums I've joined.

Ally was one of those skinny siamese cats, so she was named for Ally McBeal. :)

My cat in the photo is my current cat, Molly.

You're not happy and you're also not Asian? Even after pulling the trigger earlier in the year? :D

Always working on the happiness part. No, still not Asian even after retiring this year. :LOL:

When I retired, I changed my username from Want2retire to W2R. I change my avatars frequently, but my present avatar is a photo taken in New Orleans' French Quarter. My sig line is from Moby Dick.

Carryover from a BMW M5 forum, and as to avi, had many laughs over Alf:

Attachments

• M5 jpg.jpg
    M5 jpg.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 3
Pretty easy, my favorite hobby. The pic is from the old lake house need to update that.

My original username was FIREdreamer (pretty self-explanatory). After reaching FIRE in 2010, I changed it to FD for a short while but REWahoo brilliantly suggested using a shortened version of my original username -FIREd- to better describe my new status.

Avatar is a famous French actor.

"My Dream" was to retire in my early 50's, I ended up retiring in my late 40's. "My Dream" came sooner then I thought.

DS was a member of a game forum and used the name kyro. I joined (long story as to why....) as kyrosmother....generally referred to as KM.

Guess it's time to add my avatar.

RE2Boys: Retired Early with two boys (sons). They were 16 months and 3 years old when I retired at age 50 in Feb 2000.

Back
Top Bottom