You know you are retired when..

Personally, I don't like the weekends or holidays anymore now that I'm retired. (I try to stay home on most weekends now) Roads are too crowded and so are all the stores, movies, restaurants etc.

I've just found that far too many of my actual commitments (need to be there at a given time) are on the weekends. They include occasional meetings before or after church, charity bike rides, and my French class. I like weekdays a lot more now!

Personally, I don't like the weekends or holidays anymore now that I'm retired. (I try to stay home on most weekends now) Roads are too crowded and so are all the stores, movies, restaurants etc. However, weekdays are great. Everything is open and very few crowds. :dance:

Not even retired yet, but Tues night early showing at the movies is practically a private theater!

Personally, I don't like the weekends or holidays anymore now that I'm retired. (I try to stay home on most weekends now) Roads are too crowded and so are all the stores, movies, restaurants etc. However, weekdays are great. Everything is open and very few crowds. :dance:

+1

I almost ran someone over in the Costco parking lot for blocking my car from getting out. It takes a lot of stamina to go shopping around here on the weekend. I can't wait for the peace and quiet of Mondays.

For me I actually knew I was retired when IDW & I took a looong road trip accross arctic Canada & Alaska, 7 weeks & 8K miles (+ferry). I had wanted to do that trip for over 30 years and never had the time while working, from age 13 through retirement I had only two three week vacations/time off, one between jobs and one after 25 years and enough seniority to take some time off. So when I started on this trip, I knew I was retired, never going back to work again.
Driving to the Arctic

Back
Top Bottom