YOUR Most Annoying Foible

I come across as a "know it all" because I am far too blunt and can remember everything I have ever read and I can come across as a "nag" because I am constantly evaluating situations and offering better solutions. Hubby and friends refuse to believe I am these things but people I rub wrong have no problem telling them I am these things (which usually results in said people being cast into outer darkness by my friends and hubby, they are loyal to a fault).

Unfortunately, since I lack tact and have no intention of being anything but myself and honest, I have absolutely no hope of a cure. Occasionally I try to be "tactful" and its always more work than its worth. People's inability to accept reality always makes me want to just avoid people. I think I was meant to be alone (hubby is the only exception and since he is less of a social butterfly than me, he doesn't mind avoiding people).

So basically my most annoying foible is being myself.

I come across as a "know it all" because I am far too blunt and can remember everything I have ever read and I can come across as a "nag" because I am constantly evaluating situations and offering better solutions. Hubby and friends refuse to believe I am these things but people I rub wrong have no problem telling them I am these things (which usually results in said people being cast into outer darkness by my friends and hubby, they are loyal to a fault).

Unfortunately, since I lack tact and have no intention of being anything but myself and honest, I have absolutely no hope of a cure. Occasionally I try to be "tactful" and its always more work than its worth. .....

Excellent E-R moderator material..:cool:

Unfortunately, since I lack tact and have no intention of being anything but myself and honest, I have absolutely no hope of a cure. Occasionally I try to be "tactful" and its always more work than its worth. People's inability to accept reality always makes me want to just avoid people. I think I was meant to be alone (hubby is the only exception and since he is less of a social butterfly than me, he doesn't mind avoiding people).

WooooooHoooooooooo :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Are we twins separated at birth?
I've learned some tact over the years :whistle: but it is an ongoing struggle. So I just say nothing in person. That's when people know I'm being "tactful".

"Foible - a minor flaw or shortcoming in character or behavior"

I'm not sure how to respond. Some former co-w*rkers called me a perfectionist, and something about the way they said it made it sound like they thought that it was a bad thing.

They also managed to infect my wife with their way of thinking. The woman has been known to refer to me as "Jesus" every now and again.

Wow, that could be in my job description. Whoa! Another twin here! I mean down to the penny that is a good description of me! Especially the "remember everything I read", "evaluating and offering solutions" and "nag" part!

Yep, birds of a feather! And yeah, Janet's sure got that right! :whistle:

And I've heard of this "tact" thing--I think that is what DH means when he says my presentation sucks. :)

And I've heard of this "tact" thing--I think that is what DH means when he says my presentation sucks. :)
:LOL:
Here's an example of the "new" Freebird...last night, I went out to spaghetti dinner at a private family boat club I belong to.
Lo and behold, there was a group of 6 women who still w*rk where I [-]escaped from [/-] used to [-]suffer[/-] w*rk. 2 of the 6 are what I refer to as "power witches", step on your face to get ahead types. :nonono: Gossips to the max.
In the old days, I might have gone over and gushed about how wonderful retirement was yadda yadda yadda.
Instead, I waved :greetings10: from 40 feet away and gave them my most charming smile :D. I did not approach the table to say hello to the 4 whom I always liked. I'll catch them another time.

1) No tolerance for stupidity, rudeness, arrogance, drama or BS. Hence I like to limit contacts with other people in general and stay home when I can. Because of my introversion (or lack of social skills as some would say), I am often seen as guarded, reserved, mysterious, quiet, aloof and sometimes disdainful.

2) I can be uptight on certain occasions though I think that I am mellowing with age...

No it's not as bad as it sounds, I have redeeming qualities it seems. After all, DW is still hanging onto me or perhaps she hasn't found a good divorce lawyer yet.;)

Hey Buns, that was funny.........I, myself, of course have no faults......:>)

I guess my most annoying foibles might be asking about the definition of "buy and hold", and questioning market efficiency and rationality. Other than that, I am a really nice guy...

What's a . ?

al_bundy_400.jpg

I like disco.

Ummm, I guess it would be noticing other people's foibles and encouraging forum members to comment on them, too. :whistle:

Terse.

I also call a spade a spade. It often gets me into trouble with the namby pambies :mad:

According to my wife, my most annoying foible is not being polite enough to hide my being bored or avoid looking absent-minded at social events or with some people.

I like to clean when I am thinking about stuff.
I read a lot and sometimes people get upset that I know so much.
I am always planning and plotting about my life options.....it seems to annoy some people who don't do that (my classmates in school right now).
I also snort when I laugh....and I love to laugh :)
I like to do things well and I am able to build relationships with other people....used to piss people off in corporate.
I can amuse myself for hours and thus spend a lot of time at home.....laughing, plotting, and reading.
I cannot grocery shop for the week....so I am always there.
I sing Janis Joplin at the top of my lungs when I take a bath.
I don't like stupid or ignorant people....but I get along well with babies and animals.

Back
Top Bottom