Any Bulls Left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laugh every time I watch that ETrade baby ad, and I've seen it at least 30 times.

Whether bullish or not, there's no reason to feel like a dumbsh*t for holding or buying stock now. The dumbsh*ts are the ones selling.

At least the few that have survived the drought. It's really bad here, folks.

Well one thing Texas has plenty of - when driving thru last Christmas Holiday they were putting up windmills in Texas as far as the eye could see.

A little razz about Texas - but there seems to be money in all that there blow.

heh heh heh - :greetings10: Haven't checked the 'high plains' lately.

... I'm trying to get him to buy into the market now. At 21, what does he know about stocks and the future of the market; but I tell him there are thousands of people out there that will contimue to make this country succeed and for the market to act in a bullish fashion. It is not for him to reason why, it is for him to invest and high. What better chance to get into the market. Does anyone out there feel the same?
Absolutely, there's no time like the present. At minimum, he could go like I did in '72, invest money I could forget about and not depend on for 35 years. No one knows the market's future, but just imagine what would happen to business if no one ever invests.

Yeah, it's pretty dry around here too. You know it's bad when you welcome sleet and hail....
The Drought Monitor has us in 'Exceptional Drought' category D4. Most of the state is dry, but here in the middle there's one really, really parched patch. No wildflower season this year, I guess, which sucks since we could use the slight tourism boost it would bring...

The Drought Monitor has us in 'Exceptional Drought' category D4. Most of the state is dry, but here in the middle there's one really, really parched patch. No wildflower season this year, I guess, which sucks since we could use the slight tourism boost it would bring...
Yep, the prolonged lack of rainfall in this part of the state is the worst on record - records dating back 150 years.. It was so bad late last summer that snakes were climbing up on our deck to get to the dog's water dish. Never seen that happen before...

Whether bullish or not, there's no reason to feel like a dumbsh*t for holding or buying stock now. The dumbsh*ts are the ones selling.

I really do wonder at times if this board was around in 1930 and if it was if investors were saying the same thing back then?

The Law of Mean Reversion scares me.

I laugh every time I watch that ETrade baby ad, and I've seen it at least 30 times.

And the really smart ones sold in October 2007 and are buying now.

Yep, the prolonged lack of rainfall in this part of the state is the worst on record - records dating back 150 years.. It was so bad late last summer that snakes were climbing up on our deck to get to the dog's water dish. Never seen that happen before...

Not to hi-jack this thread anymore that it has been but is the drought worse than the "dust bowl" days?

This has sure been a lively and popular thread. Unfortunately, the S&P was down 4.56% today and I feel like a bigger dumbsh*t. :(

This has sure been a lively and popular thread. Unfortunately, the S&P was down 4.56% today and I feel like a bigger dumbsh*t. :(

All right...all right.....I can take a hint. Have one of my med's.

2398724353_d51fc259c0.jpg

All right...all right.....I can take a hint. Have one of my med's.

2398724353_d51fc259c0.jpg

It's too bad we are all so far apart. Now would be a good time to meet at the local pub for some meds:blink:

Pushed 1/8th of my cash in today.

Bought SV fund this morning just because we had a bad week last week and we opened lower today. This afternoon when I saw how bad the day was shaping up I pushed a similar amount in to my S&P fund.

Keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we continue into a deflationary spiral, history shows that retiree's with pensions or other fixed, safe incomes, do well. People with debt, non-liquid assets, stocks etc. do poorly.

Of course with all this deficit spending, there's also the possibility of hyperinflation.... :D

I'm surprised no weatherman has made the connection between the drought and the preponderance of Texan posters on this board. Something about hot air and drought springs to mind. :)

Ha! (Well, at least we just had a couple of drizzly misty days. - way better than nothing!)

Audrey

I was at ground zero for IKE, 401k is down 30%. Sure '08 was a heck of a year but I'm still chuck'in money in the market. I'm not sure If I'm a bull or just hard-headed.:D

Pushed 1/8th of my cash in today.

Bought SV fund this morning just because we had a bad week last week and we opened lower today. This afternoon when I saw how bad the day was shaping up I pushed a similar amount in to my S&P fund.

Keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I just looked at my asset allocation after yesterday's sickening plunge. I am now down to 41:59 instead of my target 45:55. 3% off was borderline, but 4% is getting ridiculous.

If the market stays this low for a while, or (heaven forbid) drops further, I will to have to force myself to rebalance, whether I like it or not. :eek:

So much for the idea that the stimulus package was going to cause a market surge! :rolleyes:

I dropped another chunk of change into total stock and some in FTSE.
My cost basis looks a little better and I'm still hoping for the best.
We were low enough at the end of the day I thought it was worth the shot.
Here's to the bigger dumbsh***
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom