Best CD & MM Rates Thread 2019 - Please post updates here

Just to be clear - those limits are when PSECU pulls the money. I'm gonna set up a push from the other bank.

Please let us know if the push works.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Just to be clear - those limits are when PSECU pulls the money. I'm gonna set up a push from the other bank.

I have never had a problem with pushing or pulling large amounts from my brokerage to/from a credit union, and several have had ridiculously low limits.

NJHOWIE; Thanks for bringing up this offer. I just opened two accounts for DH and I very easily. Almost too easily, although I'm not complaining. So far they haven't checked our credit, which is frozen. Every other account I've opened recently has been held until I lifted the credit freeze.

Just opened up a Simple account. Easy peasy. No document requests.
It appears they don't do any credit checks either, even soft pulls.

I opened an account at Simple in less than 5 minutes, then linked it to Vanguard and pushed cash to them (just enough to get the bonus), which I then moved to a "goals" account earning 2.15%.

It really was the simplest account setup I have ever experienced.

I am going to try using this account for a couple of months, and if bill pay is as simple as account open and transfer, I may use this as a place to hold my annual spending. Right now it is in a MM Fund at Schwab, and I move cash every month to my checking account.

Simple didn't like me. Uploaded docs three times, and now it is too late for the offer.

I just funded a $425K 3 year CD at PSECU @ 3.25%

Went extremely easy. I opened up the account with PSECU, setup my wire transfer electronically with my bank and when that got verified (took 2 days), I simply wire transferred $425K to PSECU that literally showed up in my PSECU account in 10 mins and then opened up the CD electronically and that took less then 3 mins and it was done.

Super simple. I also had to call the PSECU support center several times because when I opened up my joint account with them, I had some difficulty with my wife's email links and they were super helpful and very pleasant. Extremely positive experience through this entire process.

3.25% for 3 years is simply too good to pass up right now.

The wire transfer was the key. Hope this info helps any of you.

Simple didn't like me. Uploaded docs three times, and now it is too late for the offer.

Very strange how they requested uploaded documents for some but not all including not me.
Curious if it relates to the response of what is your profession and where will the funds be coming from.
I stated retired/investment assets.

Navy Special Certificate Rates (9-Month, 18-Month, 5-Year) Gone

9-month 2.25% -> 1.85%
18-month 2.6% -> 2.15%
5-year 3.0% -> 2.4%

Last edited:
Ugh..brutal time to have a lot of CDs coming up for renewal. 5 year rates easily under 3% aside from PSECU, and 1 - 4 year rates even more dismal. Sure makes those PSECU rates compelling.

Navy Special Certificate Rates (9-Month, 18-Month, 5-Year) Gone

9-month 2.25% -> 1.85%
18-month 2.6% -> 2.15%
5-year 3.0% -> 2.4%

GTE rates went the same south, but with the add on feature for a 5 year CD, there is some relief.

Got ours last month and the month before.....:dance:
Me to when they were still 3.5% but I have an IRA CD maturing in 4 days that I was going to move over Navy and partially convert to a Roth. I've heard they come out with new deals on the 4th of the month if they're going to so I'm hoping but I doubt we will see 3% again.

Last edited:
Very strange how they requested uploaded documents for some but not all including not me.
Curious if it relates to the response of what is your profession and where will the funds be coming from.
I stated retired/investment assets.
That is what I put, retired/investment assets.

CD Specials are starting to look a bit sad these days...…

NASA Federal Credit Union New Share Certificate Special rates: 49-month, 2.60% APY; 15-month, 2.50% APY; 9-month, 2.35% APY; minimum deposit of $10k, new money.

CD Specials are starting to look a bit sad these days...…

NASA Federal Credit Union New Share Certificate Special rates: 49-month, 2.60% APY; 15-month, 2.50% APY; 9-month, 2.35% APY; minimum deposit of $10k, new money.

Sounds like you should load up on Space Union.

Joint owner account - each owner is covered for $250K so this provides $500K of FDIC insurance the way I set it up.

While I don't see it as high risk, are you exceeding the FDIC limits or is the $435k spread across different account types?

Joint ownership account - each owner is covered up to $250K so the way I set it up, we are covered for FDIC up to $500K

Plus, you can add beneficiaries to get an additional $250K NCUA insurance per bene (if needed).

Back
Top Bottom