Cake

dallas27

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My wife with all her wisdom once asked me what exactly was going to happen after our savings hits some arbitrary number that I claimed was a "goal" and droned on about for years.

"Well," I said with absolutely no significant thought, "I'm gonna buy a cake, of course."

So now every goal I make involves cake. I also found my "goals" became smaller and closer together as I find more opportunities for rewards.

Simple question, do you reward yourself for saving incrementally, and how?

I thought we'd be discussing cake.

Bundt, layer or sheet?
Fondant, butter cream or whipped cream icing?
Chocolate - :dance:

Just for starters.......

Well, the first goal we happened while we were in a small town in france (joan of arcs town) and we got an absolutely amazing small cake that I can't even describe how it was made. Tasted wonderful.

If the OP was truly LBYM, he would bake the cake!

My wife with all her wisdom once asked me what exactly was going to happen after our savings hits some arbitrary number that I claimed was a "goal" and droned on about for years.

"Well," I said with absolutely no significant thought, "I'm gonna buy a cake, of course."

So now every goal I make involves cake. I also found my "goals" became smaller and closer together as I find more opportunities for rewards.

Simple question, do you reward yourself for saving incrementally, and how?

I told my wife's dead broke uncle, when the SP500 reaches 2500 i would give him my old car. This was Thanksgiving 2014, i figured a 25 % increase in my net worth (i am mostly in the SP600)would warrant me driving a new Cadillac. So yeah looks like he will be getting a 2004 Hyundai XG350L, and the Blue Collar Guy is getting a fire engine red Caddy, oh by the way I like cannoli cream cake

I like cannoli cream cake

DW & I have been begging the owner of a local mom & pop Italian bakery/deli here in the Phoenix area to make cannoli cream cake (his family are Brooklyn transplants). I've previously had cannoli cream cupcakes garnished with crumbled cannoli shells sprinkled on top.

I nearly overdosed on those!

It's hard to beat a piece of really good chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. But I've been staying off sugar for a full three weeks now...why did you have to bring this up? Now I'm thinking about where the nearest bakery is.

I love cake, my Mom made them often. My personal favorite is Chocolate Angel Food (my Mom and subsequently DW have made it for all but a few of my birthdays all my life) but all the above sound good too, especially orange cake - haven't had that very often. It's hard to beat a really buttery pound cake too, especially lightly toasted with heavy whipped cream or creme englaise, maybe some fresh raspberries or strawberries.

Who doesn't like cake?

Last edited:
I made a cappuccino cheesecake for Christmas that was decadent and delicious! But my favorite is cherry cake with chocolate icing - cake version of a chocolate covered cherry. Yum!

Not really a cake eater here, so my favorite little reward is to make a couple racks of baby back ribs.

Shoot. Everyone knows the cake is a lie.

Tomorrow (6/14) is my birthday.
Cake is on the menu!!

Never really rewarded myself for financial milestones. Reaching a million was its own reward. BUT, I do love cake. Guess I should have used that as an excuse. YMMV

We celebrate financial milestones with a bottle of bubbly usually.

As for cakes, I am thinking Mille-Feuille or Paris-Brest.

Back
Top Bottom