Cake

never really had a savings goal--just kept working and plunking those dollars in the deferred comp account!
If and when I do celebrate: definitely chocolate sour cream cake with vanilla buttercream frosting:dance:

Give me pie and you can have my cake. Pie is better than cake any day.

+1 DW made the worlds best pies. For my birthday there would always be lemon meringue pie for me and cake for the candles and whoever would rather cake.

Timely topic as I just finished off the last remnants of my Birthday Cake; a lemon cake with lemon filling and lemon frosting of course!

CARROT!! (homemade with extra raisins soaked in rum)

Or keep the raisins sober and soak your innards instead! Either way works.:LOL:

Yeah, carrot cake is wonderful - even though it has a dubious name, IMO. YMMV

I love cake, who doesn't, and I don't need any milestone celebration to eat it. Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time losing weight. Now that would be a milestone to celebrate, losing another 15 lbs?

I don't celebrate overtly, but do savor financial accomplishments quietly to myself, especially at work, mmmmm...

My wife with all her wisdom once asked me what exactly was going to happen after our savings hits some arbitrary number that I claimed was a "goal" and droned on about for years.

"Well," I said with absolutely no significant thought, "I'm gonna buy a cake, of course."

So now every goal I make involves cake. I also found my "goals" became smaller and closer together as I find more opportunities for rewards.

Simple question, do you reward yourself for saving incrementally, and how?[/QUOTE

We usually go out to eat and toast each other :). Next big milestone is DH's first SS check, coming on July 19.

I don't like cannoli, too dry for me. But I googled cannoli cream cake and that does look good.

Last summer on my b'day I met a couple of friends at a bar/grill. The restaurant has a chocolate fudge layered cake on the menu and I was all puckered up for a piece and had thought about it earlier in the day. They always have the cake but dammit.......they were out that night. Had a piece of bananas foster instead. Pretty good but just wasn't the same. This year I plan to order a choc cake from a local bakery and bury my face in it until I can't stomach anymore.

+1 for me. Yum. WITH champagne. I ADORE champagne and break it out for every occasion I can think of, and sometimes even for no reason at all- so that's what shows up at our milestone celebrations. Its a good two hours to the nearest good doberge cake, though there is a bakery in town that makes a fantastic pound cake.

My kids have this video game called Portal that promises cake all though the game. They finally got through it and there is no cake at the end. I personally would have been annoyed, but its become a joke around the house...

btw, I'm a pie person ...either raspberry or blackberry.

We do reward ourselves or is it deny ourselves until we meet our goals? usually mine is travel. $.5M was Costa Rica, $1M in investments is Europe, $1.5M will be Austraila, $2M will be partial world cruise.

Chocolate molten lava cake....

We sold our cabin last month....sort of a financial milestone. So I'm going to do what I've wanted to do for years - re-do my master bathroom!

This thread reminded me of watching Arthur with my kids, and this "Mr. Ratburn" character, hehe!

Or keep the raisins sober and soak your innards instead! Either way works.:LOL:

Yeah, carrot cake is wonderful - even though it has a dubious name, IMO. YMMV

I am surprised your favorite cake isn't a Gava Chiffon cake from any bakery in Hawaii.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom