Gone but not forgotten
Whaddya think? UP? Down?
How about a guess for March 1?

Attachments

• Ball.jpg
    Ball.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Let me check with my advisor and get back to you...

100111_Monkey_Throwing_Darts.jpg

Yep, I see 14,000 soon... maybe even by Mar 1st...

Opps.... just looked... maybe by today...

W2R.... DON'T DO IT!!!

As long as the trend is from the lower left to the upper right... It's a good thing.

It's been over and back twice today...

Well, I re-allocated a little early 13,800....:blush: Should have been sitting on my hands harder.

Too late. She already did it a few days ago. :blush:

Yea, but it wears off.... I think even faster than before, but I do not want to do a test to prove one way or the other.... :LOL:

i still remember a book by Jim Glassman titled DOW 40,000.:D

It is nice to have a month when the generated investment returns cover a full year of the projected amount one plans on withdrawing during retirement. If this keeps up for a few more months (HA HA HA!) I might move my target retirement date up. :)

According to my calculations, it should be 14,163 on March 1st. Could be 1 or 2 points higher or lower.

It was the best January for the DOW since 1994, and the best for the S&P500 since 1997. So it may well be another couple of decades before we see a repeat.

And then today (Feb 1) we got the DOW closing above 14,000 and the S&P500 closing at a new 5-year high.

To thoroughly jinx everybody, tonight I'm going to see whether my Jan 1 withdrawal has already been paid for YTD. I think it might have as it was very close on Jan 29.

Last edited:
It was the best January for the DOW since 1994, and the best for the S&P500 since 1997. So it may well be another couple of decades before we see a repeat.

And then today (Feb 1) we got the DOW closing above 14,000 and the S&P500 closing at a new 5-year high.

To thoroughly jinx everybody, tonight I'm going to see whether my Jan 1 withdrawal has already been paid for YTD. I think it might have as it was very close on Jan 29.
Yep - did it (and I still have a couple more distributions not counted yet).

What a sweet start to the year!

Jan 1 - Feb 1, our portfolio grew enough to recover our Jan 1 withdrawal, with a little change to spare. It's above our Dec 31 value which, coincidentally, was just $150 shy of the peak value in 2012.

I have the feeling that we won't see this kind of January again for many, many years, so we are going to do a little dance today. :dance:

Now watch the market crash big time >:D

Last edited:
One of my banks has just persuaded me to convert a chunk of Euros to USD (surely the Euro can't go on rising? We're broke, dammit!), and invest in an Asian-focused equity fund. What can I say, I like a challenge.

I have the feeling that we won't see this kind of January again for many, many years, so we are going to do a little dance today. :dance:

Luckily there are 11 other months in the year.

I think we are headed upward. The path may be a bit zig-zaggedy.

Back
Top Bottom