ER Forum Dinner Get Together for Xmas

Enuff2Eat

Full time employment: Posting here.
I am from Washington DC/ Virginia area. I was just wonder if anyone here have an interest getting together for a dinner during the holiday season.

Of course, I will be there as myself (not as Enuf2eat :). Main objective is to have fun, meet interest ER friends, have a drink and get some good food. Last, hope that something nice will come out of it.

I hope we get enough people interested. Please suggest a location and time. Anywhere that have a small live band or some entertainment would be nice.

Don't shoot me. Just a thought.

enuff

DW and I might be available, working around DD's visit. Maybe we wait a day or so to get responses and then think about a location depending on where folks live. I already see a long trip for either jazz4cash or me.:D

I'm about 80 miles from downtown. If available I will definitely show up.

I'm about 120 miles, so probably too far for an evening trip. Once you figure out if you have a group, it's best to send location and time by private message, as this is a public forum and some nitwit insurance agent or annuity salesperson might try to show up. If you decide someplace a little farther north it might work for me. Keep me posted.

Well, if you all do get together, please let us know how it goes. I'm too far away and too tied to staying local for personal and family reasons. But perhaps it would be nice to have such meetings perhaps pop up over time in other places. What the hay, if I'm less tied down and still mobile, regular international meet ups in some interesting place(s) may some day be a great idea.

Well, if you all do get together, please let us know how it goes. I'm too far away and too tied to staying local for personal and family reasons. But perhaps it would be nice to have such meetings perhaps pop up over time in other places. What the hay, if I'm less tied down and still mobile, regular international meet ups in some interesting place(s) may some day be a great idea.

actually we are also quite over an hour away from DC but every year my family vacation a few nights in DC during Xmas because we love the museum, white house and DC harbor Christmas light. That's why I ask if someone can suggest a restaurant with entertainment. :)

I'm about 120 miles, so probably too far for an evening trip. Once you figure out if you have a group, it's best to send location and time by private message, as this is a public forum and some nitwit insurance agent or annuity salesperson might try to show up. If you decide someplace a little farther north it might work for me. Keep me posted.

Actually I think it might be quite amusing to see an annuity pitch to this group.

LOL indeed, a you tube video of such a pitch to such a group has potential to be hilarious

The CEO of the megacorp I used to work for had a security detail sweep any room before he entered, looking for IEDs or other threats. Some high net worth folks who have exposed their financial status on this board (I have not and will not) may be a bit leery of appearing in the flesh. It all depends upon your level of paranoia, I guess. 😐

Too far for me (Boston/Florida) but I'd suggest lunch might be a better idea considering those who have 80+ miles to get there.

Either way, please post photos!

Then again, does the relative anonymity of this site help us? Does meeting in person thwart a certain ....I don't know....'something'?

Will be visiting DD in ChevyChase over holidays....would be game if it could be arranged.

I also live in the DC area (Montgomery County, Md). I'm no help when it comes to restaurants in DC with live entertainment. I stay out of DC for the most part and dine in Northern VA or Md.

I also live in the DC area (Montgomery County, Md). I'm no help when it comes to restaurants in DC with live entertainment. I stay out of DC for the most part and dine in Northern VA or Md.

Come on. Someone pick a place and time. Outside of DC is fine too. May be Fairfax area.

Don't you want to meet me? I am a beautiful blond girl who resemble Charlize Theron and always looking for a Sugar Daddy to accelerate my ER dream...hheheh

Ok. Will try next year if we don't have enough interest.

enuff

Great minds...and all that.

I was just thinking of trying to get together a similar group in SW FL in the next month or so. Marko, it sounds like you might be interested. I"m not sure where you hang out in FL.

I'll put up a separate post after the holidays.

omni

I'd be interested. I'm on the MD side. But rarely go downtown, so afraid I'm no help with restaurants there. Lunch might be easier for me to get my relatives to babysit, but I'll try to make dinner if I can work it out....

Maybe "Waiting For Pension" aka "Forced to Retire" will attend, LOL.

Great idea that all active participants should consider doing in their general local. It doesn't have to be a Christmas gig and could be a happy hour/lunch/dinner any time of the year. In my case, Atlanta is my local. It might be fun (or dangerous) to mix a bunch of liberals/conservatives/hippies/minimalists/extravengent-ists/whatever your MO and share ideas. I'm game!:dance:

I'm really glad someone made a suggestion of a place. I would find it easier if the get together was north of D.C. DH and ran into some traffic and other headaches navigating to National Harbor 19 months ago.

The Fairfax area is 30 minutes less driving for me.

I also think going to a dueling piano bar is going to be more entertainment than a get together. But that's just me.

I think it might be better after the holidays. Many people are busy with family. Another consideration is weather. Pick a date, a time, a place, and then have a snow make-up day as a back-up. Also, avoid Jan 19-22 due to the inauguration.

Dogfish Ale House in Fairfax (a bit east of Chantilly) usually has decent live music on Saturday nights (they don't have their January schedule up yet) and the food/beer is pretty good. After the holidays might be a bit better for scheduling. maybe the 7th or the 14th?

Larry

...some nitwit insurance agent or annuity salesperson might try to show up.

With this group that would be a near-suicidal move but it might prove entertaining.:LOL: Perhaps we should bring tar and feathers just in case?

I'm interested but not if it is downtown DC. There was a DC meetup ~8-10 years ago but I couldn't find a place to park! I finally gave up and punched "home" on the GPS and that was hopefully the last time I ever cross the DC line.

Virginia (if not too close in to DC) or MD would be fine. North of DC would be terrific. And please, please, someplace that has it's own ample parking. I've been out of the DC area for 14 years now so I can't suggest anything.

It might be fun (or dangerous) to mix a bunch of liberals/conservatives/hippies/minimalists/extravengent-ists/whatever your MO and share ideas. I'm game!:dance:
Can you put up with a Yellow Jacket? JK...I'm no longer in Atlanta. But I like the idea of local meetups in various places. With a small number of possible attendees, though, it might be hard to get a 'quorum'.

Back
Top Bottom